Sign in to follow this  
65Vintage

Colchester hearing?

I posted a while ago about this, and the response was it had been postponed to February.Why still no news in April? Anyone know whats going on?

[quote user="city4eva"]How did Cityangels post help? I to would like to know what is happening[/quote]

Sorry, I was being ironic.  It just stuck me that CA''s post seems to be the typical kind of authoritative response that''s posted if someone dares to ask a question that''s previously been discussed on a different thread.  Even if the original post (as in this example) is 5 pages long, a couple of months out of date and doesn''t actually answer the question. 

I dont think Mr Cowling will easily let go, especially as his team now look like they may miss out altogether. He must be even more of a Mr Grumpy now.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]

[quote user="city4eva"]How did Cityangels post help? I to would like to know what is happening[/quote]

Sorry, I was being ironic.  It just stuck me that CA''s post seems to be the typical kind of authoritative response that''s posted if someone dares to ask a question that''s previously been discussed on a different thread.  Even if the original post (as in this example) is 5 pages long, a couple of months out of date and doesn''t actually answer the question. 

[/quote]

Yes I know you were...my question was aimed at Cityangel for exactly the reasons you have outlined.

[quote user="Kathy"]I dont think Mr Cowling will easily let go, especially as his team now look like they may miss out altogether. He must be even more of a Mr Grumpy now.[/quote]

Its funny though...isnt it?

I think sCowling will want to wait until we are promoted (and they aren''t) then he can point and squeal and say:

"There, you see, those nasty yellow boys stole my manager and now they have been promoted and we haven''t, waaaaa..."

Its amazing the Norwich game was what was supposed to have pushed Col on, fueled by Cowling, however it turned out by the looks of it to be the beggining of the end,simply inspiring us

In the live text from yesterday''s match Mike Bailey said he didn''t think it would get sorted until the summer.  Tried to get clarification but my message didn''t get through (I apologise for posting trivial questions in the middle of live text by the way; I''ll refrain in future).  So one for the pink''un journo''s I think.

Reading between the lines I get the feeling that the FA are trying to nudge the clubs into sorting it out peacefully, hence the lack of a hearing. While it won''t satisfy the pessimists, I think that the likelihood of the FA hearing the case after the season ends and imposing a points penalty is about as realistic as me getting a blow job from the Pope.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Reading between the lines I get the feeling that the FA are trying to nudge the clubs into sorting it out peacefully, hence the lack of a hearing. While it won''t satisfy the pessimists, I think that the likelihood of the FA hearing the case after the season ends and imposing a points penalty is about as realistic as me getting a blow job from the Pope.[/quote]Given the Irish and US paedophile priests scandal you might be in with more of a chance than you imagine!

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]Reading between the lines I get the feeling that the FA are trying to nudge the clubs into sorting it out peacefully, hence the lack of a hearing. While it won''t satisfy the pessimists, I think that the likelihood of the FA hearing the case after the season ends and imposing a points penalty is about as realistic as me getting a blow job from the Pope.[/quote]

Given the Irish and US paedophile priests scandal you might be in with more of a chance than you imagine!
[/quote]

[:D] Sadly my choirboy days are way behind me!

[quote user="shefcanary"]In the live text from yesterday''s match Mike Bailey said he didn''t think it would get sorted until the summer.  Tried to get clarification but my message didn''t get through (I apologise for posting trivial questions in the middle of live text by the way; I''ll refrain in future).  So one for the pink''un journo''s I think.[/quote]

---

On the face of it that (waiting until the summer) would be surprising because it would effectively rule out the imposition of a points penalty (something as far as we know Colchester still want) and so would prejudge the hearing.

And a nominal (note the nominal) points penalty would plainly be an attractive outcome for the authorities, assuming Colchester make their case.

It wouldn''t harm us because we would still finish in the top two but would set a precedent to warn off other clubs from doing it (whatever it was) in the future. It would be the perfect opportunity to send a message.

The FA will not impose a points penalty, not because they care about Norwich but because it setsa precendent they may have to follow in the future with higher profile clubs. I think they are starting to reap the problems of their decision over Wolves and the weakend team, West Ham have complained I will imagine more will before the season is out. The top four always rest players when they are able, but I imaginethe FA doesn''t want to take them on over the issue; reap what you sow and all that.I reckon we will get a fine, probably in the order of £50-£100K and all parties will complain that it was too harsh/not harsh enough (a small price to pay to get out of this league).[:D]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]The FA will not impose a points penalty, not because they care about Norwich but because it setsa precendent they may have to follow in the future with higher profile clubs. I think they are starting to reap the problems of their decision over Wolves and the weakend team, West Ham have complained I will imagine more will before the season is out. The top four always rest players when they are able, but I imaginethe FA doesn''t want to take them on over the issue; reap what you sow and all that.I reckon we will get a fine, probably in the order of £50-£100K and all parties will complain that it was too harsh/not harsh enough (a small price to pay to get out of this league).[:D][/quote]Sorry this is dreadful typing, I have had the day off and did have a drink with lunch!

If you could point to a points penalty being imposed in any similar case then we can discuss wether it will happen here.

If you can point to a self important football club chairman shouting the odds with little resulting action then you might be nearer the truth.

[quote user="city4eva"]If it goes to tribunal in summer, could we get a points penalty for next season?[/quote]

Carrying on from another thread, I will lay you any price you like that that will not happen.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="city4eva"]If it goes to tribunal in summer, could we get a points penalty for next season?[/quote]

Carrying on from another thread, I will lay you any price you like that that will not happen.

[/quote]

I dont think we''ll get a points penalty either....but "any price" I''ll have £1 at 10000000/1 please.

Not quite the 14/1 I had on us to win the league but worth a punt.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Reading between the lines I get the feeling that the FA are trying to nudge the clubs into sorting it out peacefully, hence the lack of a hearing. While it won''t satisfy the pessimists, I think that the likelihood of the FA hearing the case after the season ends and imposing a points penalty is about as realistic as me getting a blow job from the Pope.[/quote]

Good luck with the Pope Beaus[;)]

I could be wrong but I think it''s the case is with the Football League rather than the FA. I''m not being pedantic, there is a difference, because I believe the Football League are honest and realistic where as the FA......

[:O]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

I am not greedy like the other poster[:)] Can I just have £1 at 100000/1 of course I will need to know you are good for it

I know I am pointing to something which happened 16 years ago but didn''t this happen to Colchester when Ipswich went one stage further and held talks with Burley completely behind Colchester''s back. They only got a fine and had to pay some compensation. No points deduction was ever considered. Pretty sure that Grayson going to Leeds was pretty dodgy as well. The reality is this happens all the time. It''s just seen as a very ''un Norwich'' thing to do. As every manager Delia has appointed up until now has either been out of work or in the case of Peter Grant, West Ham fleeced us by removing some of the clauses for Green and Ashton so they were pretty happy about it.

My understanding was that we were given permission to speak to Lambert and show him around the club. However we couldn''t induce him to break his contract. I am not a lawyer or anything but surely anyone with half a brain can see that is totally unrealistic. Whilst being shown round the club and possibly introduced to some of the players you are not just going to have a good chat about the weather or something are you!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

I know I am pointing to something which happened 16 years ago but didn''t this happen to Colchester when Ipswich went one stage further and held talks with Burley completely behind Colchester''s back. They only got a fine and had to pay some compensation. No points deduction was ever considered. Pretty sure that Grayson going to Leeds was pretty dodgy as well. The reality is this happens all the time. It''s just seen as a very ''un Norwich'' thing to do. As every manager Delia has appointed up until now has either been out of work or in the case of Peter Grant, West Ham fleeced us by removing some of the clauses for Green and Ashton so they were pretty happy about it.

My understanding was that we were given permission to speak to Lambert and show him around the club. However we couldn''t induce him to break his contract. I am not a lawyer or anything but surely anyone with half a brain can see that is totally unrealistic. Whilst being shown round the club and possibly introduced to some of the players you are not just going to have a good chat about the weather or something are you!

[/quote]

Your right on all accounts and Cowling knows he don''t have a pot to P in and is barking up the wronge tree he knew when he said we could speak to PL that that would be the last time he would manage Colwho, It''s nobody''s fault but his own for not agreeing componsation before we spoke to him end off argument. Now can we get on with the game   

YOu are right Nutty, the Club site has stated times that this is a matter for the Football League, rather than the FA.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

Your right on all accounts and Cowling knows he don''t have a pot to P in and is barking up the wronge tree he knew when he said we could speak to PL that that would be the last time he would manage Colwho, It''s nobody''s fault but his own for not agreeing componsation before we spoke to him end off argument. Now can we get on with the game   

[/quote]

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head there. What makes Cowling''s weaker is that by even allowing Lambert to go to talk to Norwich it effectively made Lambert''s position as Colchester manager untenable. As much as I like to abuse Cowling he is a successful businessman and therefore can''t be a complete idiot. He must have known this was the case. So I don''t think Colchester have a leg stand on. I think all thats remains is for compensation to be agreed. As for fines and points deductions. No chance. It was just bullying tactics from Cowling to hike up the compensation fee. However McNally is a canny operator and has seen through those empty threats for what they are.  

according to ncfc solicitors the hearing is on the 23rd april and they have said that the maximum punishment is a 10 point reduction but that is very unlikely because it is our word against theirs so i guess it will probably be just a fine for norwich city (around £300,000)