Sign in to follow this  
Methane

early leavers - why bother to come?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]A message to the original poster of this thread. This may have been said before but to be honest I can''t really be bothered to read 6 pages of posts.

Sometimes their is a reason for people having to leave early. So why don''t you get off your high horse.[/quote]LOL! oh the irony of the nature of this post!

[quote user="Methane"]Is it just me or are there 10% of our so called supporters who think the game lasts 70 minutes. If you must have a cuppa at 3.35 bring a flask. If you have to be at the car early to listen to creosote neil then please do us all a favour and don''t renew next year. And don''t moan.[/quote]

are you a dictator in disguise?

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

I left 88 mins, what you gonna do about it??

[/quote]

I guess he will regard you with the contempt you probably deserve.

I left after 20 minutes on the first day of the season but there was somewhere I had to be... Anywhere else!

It can be irritating I must admit but Im sure some have valid reasons. I dont get the "traffic beaters" but they pay their money I guess.

"Works fine on Firefox for me."

Ah - fair nuff - they must''ve fixed that - personally I use chrome... still getting the errors on that, as I''ve shown in another post on this thread.

"....and also, I''m open to lessons on how to quote people properly. Apparently pressing the ''Quote'' button and going from there just doesn''t do it for me..."

I guess that makes you a "dweed", too? ;)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"....and also, I''m open to lessons on how to quote people properly. Apparently pressing the ''Quote'' button and going from there just doesn''t do it for me..."

I guess that makes you a "dweed", too? ;)[/quote]There was a lesson on how to successfully quote with all browsers and all post type held on the pitch directly after the Stockport game.. did you miss it? [8-|]

"There was a lesson on how to successfully quote with all browsers and all post type held on the pitch directly after the Stockport game.. did you miss it?"

Cheeky b@$tard! (nice work tho!) :)

Worth pointing out - I don''t leave the game early... except at 1/2 time when it''s my turn on the beer rota (so... yeah... every game then) - but then you can continue watching the game at least... I''ve left early a couple of times at full time, but only to catch the odd train etc.

My mate and I have only ever left our seats before half time once, to get to the bar before the rush... can''t remember the game, but it was in our promotion season and it was a really drab, dull half with nothing doing... a few minutes before half time, we decided we''d be better spending our time at the bar...I''ll give a shiny penny for anyone who can guess what happened the second we got down the steps and into the corridor between the stands and the Barclay bar...

Well for me it depends on how the game is going, i mean if we are winning at a canter, then 86 mins is good to go just to get to car and back to lowy and avoid some mayhem. However if its a nail biter and the boys need noise to bring em home then i stay.  Its a personal choice you pay your money, so u go when u want to no one has a right to say otherwise!!!   just my opinion!!

Going on a slight tangent,but why don''t they keep the bars open,for a while,after the game.It may calm the rush out a little,and make a bit of cash as well??!!

Its a free Country, therefore persons can do as they feel as long as its not illegal and of course football isn''t everything, so people have other things going on in there lives!

But I can never understand the logic of paying to see a football game and not watching all the game!

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

I left 88 mins, what you gonna do about it??

[/quote]
You Sir would get a tutting of the highest order and be sent home with your tail between your legs.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Its a free Country, therefore persons can do as they feel as long as its not illegal and of course football isn''t everything, so people have other things going on in there lives!

But I can never understand the logic of paying to see a football game and not watching all the game!

[/quote]As long as they go straight out and don''t stand blocking other peoples view if there is some goal mouth action.

Maybe if we ask the relevant football authority if we can kick-off at 14.45 on Saturday?.....Then those who normally leave 10 minutes before the end can stay till the final whistle - and still vacate the stadium at roughly the same time as they normally do?

Simples.....

Early leavers are pathetic if they are leaving for traffic reasons, but they are risking missing the action so they punish themselves. I usually get out quick at the final whistle to walk in front of the impatient drivers and slow them down.

I admit to leaving early once. It was at Portman Road, Ullathorne had just passed back to Bryan Gunn........the metal gate was closed, so in my frustration I forced it open with a 2 footed flying kick, not realising that a line of Suffolk Constabulary were behind it (looking a little surprised). When they saw the fury in my face they parted and let me go on my way (I lived in Ipswich at the time).

Some of the self-important, sanctimonious opinions on this thread are brilliant.. "Ooh people obstruct my view when they push past me to leave to go to the bar at half-time or at the end to catch a train.."

Andycanary, did you every stand (probably in your case you would have preferred to have sat) in the Old Barclay? Was your view obstructed then? FFS

in the old barclay everyone was standing so it didn`t  matter if people left early ..in fact   i doubt anyone would even notice if you did [:D]

Exactly! You could never see ''jack sh1t'' anyway...lol. I sit on the back row of the Barclay, on the steps so, no matter what my opinion on the subject, I know that I don''t interupt too much when I go down at half time a few minutes before the end. Surely it is a matter of choice...

When it was standing in the Barclay I couldn''t bloody see anyhow unless I got down the front lol.

If people want to leave early then it''s up to them, I leave a bit early at times to avoid the queues for the ladies bogs and also so I don''t have to spend all of half time waiting in the queues for food and drink.

I am always prompt to my seat before the game starts, in fact one of the first in our row, and I really don''t mind standing up for those wanting to get to their seats, get drinks or go to the bog.

Christ alive, life really is too short to let such things bother us.

Jason Shackell''s flacid Tackle - You sir are a first class div. Self important? sanctimonious?.... urrrr no mate.. I go to match to watch football.. I don''t appreciate not seeing the game because some people are too impatient to wait a few minutes to the end.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I am always prompt to my seat before the game starts, in fact one of the first in our row, and I really don''t mind standing up for those wanting to get to their seats, get drinks or go to the bog.[/quote]

That''s the point though, I don''t mind standing to let people past me (I spend most of the game on my feet anyway) it''s when they stop right in front of you because something exciting is happening that I object as there is hardly any room to pass anyway.