Sign in to follow this  
Methane

early leavers - why bother to come?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"You''re so wrong it''s unbelievable.. why I get utterly p!ssed off with people who leave early is because they disrupt my viewing of the game at what is often a peak part. If they could just vanish into a cloud of their own dust then it would be fine by me. But the fact that I have to concentrate on moving my bag/s get up out of my seat and wait for them to shuffle passed just fecks me off. " If it is really is very stressful/painful having to stand up, to accommodate your fellow fans, for all of 2 seconds... maybe you should apply for disabled seating and plonk yourself down in a wheelchair at the front...?[/quote]

A classic case of defending the indefensible.  Why should people have to "accommodate" those who, week in week out, are more interested in getting to the bar at half time or making a quick getaway than watching the game?  The game comes first, that''s what we''re there for. 

No wonder some people are getting so upset.  No one likes to admit that they''re selfish.  The truth hurts.

My mate has left 5 mins early for the last 10 seasons.The reason for this is he gets home to cromer 20 mins earlier than if he waited till the final whistle.So thats 23 odd games a season makes........about 100 mins a season,100 mins times 10 seasons is around 11 whole games.so in saving 20 mins on the journey home he has missed the equivalent of 11 whole games and probably 50 odd goals.......what a loser

Here''s my view on things, people can come and go when they want as long as they don''t stop and stand in front of me blocking my view if there is a bit of goal mouth action, they will get pushed down the steps so I can see as a bloke found out a couple of seasons back in the Jarrold Stand.

"A classic case of defending the indefensible. "

Not at all - I notice you ignore those posts of mine where I point out various (blindingly obviously) reasons why so many would legitimately want to leave...

[quote user="First Jedi"]Been thinking about this - football is great fun. Being a football fan is great fun. Until the nerds come out, and start trying to make it into a competition. "I''m a bigger fan than you because I was born in Norwich, live here, and therefore despite it''s no effort to actually go to a home game, rather than having to travel 1/2way across the country like some people, that means I''m better and bigger fan that you!!" "I''m a bigger fan because I''ve grown up in Norfolk, so despite the fact you live in a country that doesn''t really have any affinity with football, and you''ve gone so far out of your way to support NCFC, I''m a bigger fan, because I get everything on plate - even have my EDP delivered to my door - so fukc you yankie!!" "I''m a bigger fan than you because, not only do I stay past the final whistle, I sit there on my own singing ''On The Ball City'', until the last steward kicks me out, cos I''ve actually got no friends that actually want to meet up with me after a game... or have to travel more than 5 metres and hence need to get my car..." "I''m a bigger fan because I''ve never has a life outside of NCFC, I''ve never had a girl friend, because I''m *SO* dedicated to Hucks (although, I''m not gay of nuffick) or even managed to pull my head from ar$e in all the years (SINCE BIRTH!) that I''ve supported NCFC...." Fukc off football nerds. You aren''t big, you aren''t clever (otherwise you''d be a geek! ;) ) but you are fukcing irritating...[/quote]

not as fukcing irritating as people who leave early  [:)]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"A classic case of defending the indefensible. " Not at all - I notice you ignore those posts of mine where I point out various (blindingly obviously) reasons why so many would legitimately want to leave...[/quote]

Of course there will be times when people have to leave early - I did it myself once when an evening cup game went to extra time and I had to catch the last train - but they''re the exception.  I was referring to those who do it every week just because they want to be first to the bar or first out of the car park.

I guess people can do what they please but there are regular early leavers who do it every saturday. Surely if you''re not available for the whole game why bother turning up? If I had something to go to that day which was more important than the game then I simply wouldn''t bother going at all. I guess thats just me though.

I wonder if these same people get up off the toilet halfway through having a morning crap, just so they can avoid missing a bus into town?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Of course there will be times when people have to leave early"

There you go...[/quote]You haven''t proved a point there, because you''ve chosen to ignore the rest of the sentence.  There are people who do it week in, week out.  Why?  Because, I bet almost 100% can''t stand to leave the bar before the game starts, can''t wait to get to the bar before the rush at half time, can''t bear to leave the bar before the 2nd half kicks off, and then can''t wait to get to the pub afterwards.Potentially these people are missing 20 mins of every 90 minute match, isn''t that crazy?  People are entitled to do what the like, but in my opinion I think it''s ridiculous.  And that''s the thing you don''t seem to understand Jedi, people have DIFFERENT opinions to you.

My gripe would be that if people want to leave early why dont they just get up and go instead of hovering around at the top of the exits for 5 mins blocking everyone''s views.

Then there''s those who leave 15 mins before the end and they stand up and watch the rest of the game on the tv''s in the lounge, why don''t they just stay in their seat and watch the whole game live.

" People are entitled to do what the like, but in my opinion I think it''s ridiculous. And that''s the thing you don''t seem to understand Jedi, people have DIFFERENT opinions to you."

My point is that too - that those people have different lives, different goals, and different reasons than you that makes them want to leave. Just because everybody else on the planet doesn''t do exactly the same as you and stay to the end of every game (bar one!), doesn''t mean they are wrong or that they shouldn''t "bother to come" or that they are only "so called supporters"... there is an almost infinite number of reasons that might want to leave, for which you have no right to criticise.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Jedi"]"Of course there will be times when people have to leave early" There you go...[/quote]

You haven''t proved a point there, because you''ve chosen to ignore the rest of the sentence.  There are people who do it week in, week out.  Why?  Because, I bet almost 100% can''t stand to leave the bar before the game starts, can''t wait to get to the bar before the rush at half time, can''t bear to leave the bar before the 2nd half kicks off, and then can''t wait to get to the pub afterwards.

Potentially these people are missing 20 mins of every 90 minute match, isn''t that crazy?  People are entitled to do what the like, but in my opinion I think it''s ridiculous.  And that''s the thing you don''t seem to understand Jedi, people have DIFFERENT opinions to you.
[/quote]

is there a link between early leavers and alcoholism ?   [:D]

Sorry for double post...

"Potentially these people are missing 20 mins of every 90 minute match, isn''t that crazy?"

It''s still their lives, their choice and quite frankly, none of your business what and why they do it...

[quote user="First Jedi"]Sorry for double post...

"Potentially these people are missing 20 mins of every 90 minute match, isn''t that crazy?"

It''s still their lives, their choice and quite frankly, none of your business what and why they do it...[/quote]I have every right to an opinion though, it''s obviously hit a nerve if you think I am criticising.  Just because I don''t agree with them doesn''t mean I want to criticise these people, I just don''t agree with what they are doing, can you understand that???It may be none of my business, but most debates are about things which are not anyone''s business, but it doesn''t mean I can''t have an opinion on the matter, and I''m not going to have people who I don''t even know tell me otherwise.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Sorry for double post...

It''s still their lives, their choice and quite frankly, none of your business what and why they do it...[/quote]Learn to use the flipping quote function you dweeb! Jeez how hard can it be!?

So, just to clarify those who leave early are ok, but those who leave and stop half way if anything interesting happens should get cancer-aids and be struck from the gene pool?

I think thats a matter of opinion. I don''t care who leaves early as long as my enjoyment of the game isn''t interupted. But others on the thread don''t like it for other reasons.

"Learn to use the flipping quote function you dweeb! Jeez how hard can it be!?"

It''s broken on chrome (and firefox and IE, except when on legacy versions/emulators)... hence why I don''t use it. Talk to the "web team" if you don''t like it... :)

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I think thats a matter of opinion. I don''t care who leaves early as long as my enjoyment of the game isn''t interupted. But others on the thread don''t like it for other reasons.[/quote]

See?

"I have every right to an opinion though, it''s obviously hit a nerve if you think I am criticising. Just because I don''t agree with them doesn''t mean I want to criticise these people, I just don''t agree with what they are doing, can you understand that???"

Yep, and I do. Just saying you can''t tar everyone with the same brush.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Learn to use the flipping quote function you dweeb! Jeez how hard can it be!?"

It''s broken on chrome (and firefox and IE, except when on legacy versions/emulators)... hence why I don''t use it. Talk to the "web team" if you don''t like it... :)[/quote]Works fine on Firefox for me.

A small minority will have a valid reason for leaving. But the majority who start to flood out 5 or 10 minutes before the end with the game still in the balance? Could be some sort of pyschological disorder perhaps. Personally, I think it''s pathetic.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="First Jedi"]"Learn to use the flipping quote function you dweeb! Jeez how hard can it be!?"

It''s broken on chrome (and firefox and IE, except when on legacy versions/emulators)... hence why I don''t use it. Talk to the "web team" if you don''t like it... :)[/quote]Works fine on Firefox for me. [/quote]Always works on Firefox for me... and testing Chrome now...

[quote user="Anne Frank"]I would just like to say that only God can judge.[/quote]Thanks for being so frank Anne. [+o(]

[quote user="Anne Frank"]I would just like to say that only God can judge.

[/quote]Try telling Simon Cowell that. [:)]

A message to the original poster of this thread. This may have been said before but to be honest I can''t really be bothered to read 6 pages of posts.

Sometimes their is a reason for people having to leave early. So why don''t you get off your high horse.

There''s certainly not so many leave early this season as the previous few. And as  I said earlier in ther thread a lot more were leaving early back in August. And who remembers that Middlesboro game when thousands went crashing out in a temper after we went 4-1 down. It was funny that they missed probably one of the greatest come backs ever at Carrow Road. Last season we regularly saw fans streaming out before the end of games. I just don''t see why it''s a problem now? There must be less people leave early now than at anytime since 2004.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="GenerationA47"] it''s only natural to linger on the steps to see how a goalmouth action or attack ends. Different if you''re blocking someone''s view, of course - that''s rude.[/quote]Right so of course if the ''goalmouth action'' occurs when you''re no where near the tunnel steps you of course scuttle off to the tunnel before stopping to watch..?[/quote]

Yeah, I do, and I take my time on the normal steps. Like I opined previously, it would be inconsiderate otherwise.

Have you experienced people not "scuttling" to avoid blocking fellow fans (as you put it)? Sorry to hear it - if so, then ''tis they who deserve the opprobrium that some posters on this thread are applying to all premature exiters....

....and also, I''m open to lessons on how to quote people properly. Apparently pressing the ''Quote'' button and going from there just doesn''t do it for me...