Sign in to follow this  
Methane

early leavers - why bother to come?

Is it just me or are there 10% of our so called supporters who think the game lasts 70 minutes. If you must have a cuppa at 3.35 bring a flask. If you have to be at the car early to listen to creosote neil then please do us all a favour and don''t renew next year. And don''t moan.

I think some head out of the ground to avoid the [possibility of being attacked/abused by northerners.

[quote user="Methane"]Is it just me or are there 10% of our so called supporters who think the game lasts 70 minutes. If you must have a cuppa at 3.35 bring a flask. If you have to be at the car early to listen to creosote neil then please do us all a favour and don''t renew next year. And don''t moan.[/quote]

The age old narrow minded view that there is nothing else going on in peoples lives apart from carrow road. I''m fortunate to be able to stay till the very end even though (like today) have to go straight to work after the game. Many people have similar reasons as to why they have to leave early.

"And don''t moan"

priceless

o p  got a point  ..  unless you got a train to catch and no other means of getting home , otr got an elderly or disabled supporter in your care and want to avoid the crush then why leave early  ?  [:D]

Oh come on what a load of tripe.. maybe for like 5% of the early leavers they have a genuine reason for leaving early.. but everyone knows its just because they''re too impatient to have to wait to get out of the car parks.And I think it''s hilarious that someone would defend the early leavers calling someone ranting at them narrow minded... what exactly do you class someone who leaves an event early causing people to have to get up out of their seat and miss part of the game to let them through?

I had to leave 5 mins before the end of the United game in Prem because my mates were debuting a show at the Garage Theatre and we would have had to have waited until the interval to enter had we missed the start...Is that a good enough reason, or do we have to check in advance now?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Oh come on what a load of tripe.. maybe for like 5% of the early leavers they have a genuine reason for leaving early.. but everyone knows its just because they''re too impatient to have to wait to get out of the car parks.

And I think it''s hilarious that someone would defend the early leavers calling someone ranting at them narrow minded... what exactly do you class someone who leaves an event early causing people to have to get up out of their seat and miss part of the game to let them through?
[/quote]

Your having a laugh aren''t you? missing part of the game?!?!?! oh please. So what if some leave early it''s their choice, their money, who are you to say when they should leave or not.

Sheesh, get over yourself and for the OP to then end it with "and don''t moan" just goes to show what credibilty his post had.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I had to leave 5 mins before the end of the United game in Prem because my mates were debuting a show at the Garage Theatre and we would have had to have waited until the interval to enter had we missed the start...

Is that a good enough reason, or do we have to check in advance now?
[/quote]

your obviously an early leaver and proud of it, don`t let them grind you down mate [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]They pay their money...[/quote]

so do kerb crawlers  [:D]

[/quote]They are probably less inclined to leave before the final whistle, depending on match fitness of course.

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I had to leave 5 mins before the end of the United game in Prem because my mates were debuting a show at the Garage Theatre and we would have had to have waited until the interval to enter had we missed the start...Is that a good enough reason, or do we have to check in advance now?[/quote]

your obviously an early leaver and proud of it, don`t let them grind you down mate [:D]

[/quote]Just the once, never done it before or since... but its nice to know that if I do need to leave early ever again, I know who to ask.  Andy, can you let us all know your seat number so we can come and ask permission when we need the toilet? [:P]

[quote user="Depraved"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Oh come on what a load of tripe.. maybe for like 5% of the early leavers they have a genuine reason for leaving early.. but everyone knows its just because they''re too impatient to have to wait to get out of the car parks.And I think it''s hilarious that someone would defend the early leavers calling someone ranting at them narrow minded... what exactly do you class someone who leaves an event early causing people to have to get up out of their seat and miss part of the game to let them through?[/quote]

Your having a laugh aren''t you? missing part of the game?!?!?! oh please. So what if some leave early it''s their choice, their money, who are you to say when they should leave or not.

Sheesh, get over yourself and for the OP to then end it with "and don''t moan" just goes to show what credibilty his post had.

[/quote]I missed a shot on goal and the accompanying drama today because some clutz wanted to leave early.. He wasn''t even in my row, but the row infront. But the fact that 3 people at a time had to stand to let him through meant I missed it.Against Leeds I had to stand out of my seat to ask some muppet who ''was'' leaving but had decided to stand and watch the corner thus completely block my view as well as the people in the adjacent seats to me. Ok it''s fair to say I was exactly polite.. but he did act like I''d just ripped him out of his chair and happy slapped him.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I had to leave 5 mins before the end of the United game in Prem because my mates were debuting a show at the Garage Theatre and we would have had to have waited until the interval to enter had we missed the start...

[/quote]

[/quote]
Just the once, never done it before or since... but its nice to know that if I do need to leave early ever again, I know who to ask.  Andy, can you let us all know your seat number so we can come and ask permission when we need the toilet? [:P]
[/quote]

Suppose you joined a Golf-Club and forked out around Â£532.00 for 12 months fees.... Would every round you only play 16 holes - and then go home?....Because Loose Women''s on the telly?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Just the once, never done it before or since... but its nice to know that if I do need to leave early ever again, I know who to ask.  Andy, can you let us all know your seat number so we can come and ask permission when we need the toilet? [:P]
[/quote]

Suppose you joined a Golf-Club and forked out around Â£532.00 for 12 months fees.... Would every round you only play 16 holes - and then go home?....Because Loose Women''s on the telly?

[/quote]

If ever there was a reason NOT to leave early, I think you''ve found it.

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If ever there was a reason NOT to leave early, I think you''ve found it.

[/quote]

Sexist pig.....You can open your own beer and fetch your slippers.....and go down the bookies yourself, to place a bet!

Some of you need to get off your high horses it doesent really matter now ........ if they paid there money they can do what they like .

There was a mass exodus in the City Stand today at 80 mins so they missed 13 mins of the game, wonder if they leave the pictures or theatre early too.

I know some leave early to get out of the club''s carpark but if its such a nightmare to get out of why do they pay extra to use it?

City Angel this is just trivial stuff people are free to do what they want with there leisure time which is a human right :) so quit your moaning .

[quote user="Quelchy"]City Angel this is just trivial stuff people are free to do what they want with there leisure time which is a human right :) so quit your moaning .
[/quote]

I''m not moaning, I''m replying to the thread  question. I don''t care if people leave that early but I don''t understand why they would want to miss 15 mins or more of the game or more importantly leave before they know the end result.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Quelchy"]City Angel this is just trivial stuff people are free to do what they want with there leisure time which is a human right :) so quit your moaning .[/quote]

I''m not moaning, I''m replying to the thread  question. I don''t care if people leave that early but I don''t understand why they would want to miss 15 mins or more of the game or more importantly leave before they know the end result.

[/quote]Nor do I but They can If they want to thats all Im Saying  that they can do if they want.

Well it seems to have improved as the season has gone on. There''s not nearly as many left early today as did in August[:S]

What is the problem with this? At the end of the day people pay there money so if they want to go early its their own choice. And as other people say some people probably have very good reason to leave early. For example in the past I have had to leave the odd game early to get he 5:00 train home to get back in time for work. Did I want to leave early no but it was either that or I lost my job. Also if you have a long journey home (say 2-3 hours) do you really want to be sitting about waiting in the post carrow road traffic for about an hour. No so you can see why people decide to leave early for

Who the hell does the OP think he is? The Attendance police?

Who do you think you are telling people not to come? Its not your bl**dy Club and neither do you have a moral handle on what does and does not constitute support. Time to grow up little boy! AAGGHH!!

I don''t leave early but my mother does who has to be at work after the game. Why people have an issue with this is beyond me.

Yes I did take the rise out of her for missing the Leeds goal but she accepts that she will miss goals but there is very little she can do about it.

You think Carrow Road is bad? You should pay a visit to Wembley for an England match, pushing 50% are normally gone at the final whistle.

"Why people have an issue with this is beyond me."

People don''t have as much an "issue" with it, but do take it as an opportunity to bang on about how much of a super-fan they are compared to everyone else being a bandwagon jumping, prawn sandwich eating, casual fan who isn''t worthy to sing "On the ball..." .... it''s up there with "my dad is bigger than your dad"...

I had to leave early yesterday as i got a job last week, working week days 6-9. Ive never left early once in my 14 years supporting City, and never plan to do it again!