Sign in to follow this  
Congo Canary

If we win the league.......

With a couple of games to go.

Do you think that Lambert will give a few more of the youngsters/fringe players a chance for the remaining games. Quite impressed with Francombe before his injury, and surely must me a start for Cody?

If it''s one thing this season has shown us, its who has the potential to step to the first team on a regular basis. A chance i don''t think we would of had if we''d have been struggling around the foot of the Championship this year. And lets face facts, i think we would have.

I very much doubt he will give fringe players a chance until we are mathematically promoted... then, we may see the likes of Askou getting some time back from injury and McDonald getting some games.

Lets not forget, we also have a trophy to play for too, so it''s anyone''s guess!

No, not until we are confirmed as CHAMPIONS! [:P]

Lambert wouldn''t risk top place by changing the squad. But I think it would be good to see the youngsters get same game time, along with the likes of Askou and McDonald as the season comes to a close.

Sorry, for some reason it missed the first line off the post.

As the title says, if we win the league with a couple of games to go, do you think he will give them a go.

To give them a go now, and before we win the title, would be plain stupid, and also be the basis of a stupid post!

I can''t see him making radical changes. Perhaps one or two a game. I think he wants to end up on the absolute maximum.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I would have askou in the team every week over nelson. (even if he has been better lately!)

He made a couple of shocking clearances on monday!

[/quote]Nelson was immense!

I am with PUPs on this one. Nelson was man of the match on Monday in my opinion. I thought Whitbread was pretty poor by comparison. I would like to see a Whitbread and Askou partnership if we win the league as I think they are the two most talented centre backs at the club and could be class next year. But you can''t take anything away from Doc and the Admiral, they have been fantastic since January. That is why they should both start at the moment if fit. They have also both shown great character to come back from that opening day mauling against Colchester where they both took a lot of criticism along with Theoklitos.

If Lambert goes down this route I would like to see Oli given game time rather than Cody as he is the superior prospect. Cody shows great willingness but I really don''t see too much quality there.

I think he will. ideal chance to look at the fringe players in a live situation in preparartion or next year when there is nothing riding on it. However I cannot see this happening with any more than the final two games or so, and he may stick with Holt who might want to see how close to the scoring record he can get. PL has already shown more willingness than our previous 4 managers together to give the youngsters a chance. I thought they were looking a bit jaded at times agiants Leeds and while up for the game I saw signs of a long hard and emotionally draining season starting to take its toll.