Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

Peterborough Relegated

Looking at their decimated squad, would we want any relegated players to make the jump?

Would Lambert take a gamble on Joe Lewis. Does he warrant a place back at his beloved club between the sticks?

Could Maclean or Mackail-Smith come in as a genuine championship foil for Holt?

Personally, i''d welcome Joe Lewis back with open arms. Would probably set the club back £1.5m, but there could be a buy-back clause, or maybe a good deal for ''boro as they won''t have to pass on a seel-on clause! I also think Maclean would be a quality addition....

I would think to get a quality manager like Gary Johnson in that Posh would have had to make certain assurances to him about keeping the squad.I''d not be that interested in getting Lewis back. My number 1 want (pun intended) with our keeper situation is to retain FF now that Toon have been promoted and keep giving Rudd experience.

Local opinion is that the Posh squad has been well and truly shown up as out of their depth at this level.

Lewis has made some real howlers this season and not really come on as expected. I would say stick with Rudd (who looks no worse for a back up keeper) and spend the money on someone better than Lewis.

Maclean is a League 1 striker at best, lots of huff and puff but precious little end product when up against decent defenders.

Mackail Smith is better and may well find a place at some other Championship team next season. I would not have him on my A list of targets but maybe as a B.

Boyd is useful at this level but has already been picked up on loan by Forrest, however were they to get to the Prem he may find himself surplus to requirements.

Other than that though, we could do a lot better.

[quote user="aka_riise"]

Looking at their decimated squad, would we want any relegated players to make the jump?

Would Lambert take a gamble on Joe Lewis. Does he warrant a place back at his beloved club between the sticks?

Personally, i''d welcome Joe Lewis back with open arms. Would probably set the club back £1.5m, but there could be a buy-back clause, or maybe a good deal for ''boro as they won''t have to pass on a seel-on clause! I also think Maclean would be a quality addition....

[/quote]

Jo Lewis, No thanks, have you really seen some of the schoolboy mistakes he has made, I''m pleased he made them with another team and not us. put him in league 1or 2 not anywhere higher, how many times have we seen him in the squad for the Under 21s

Boyd is a class act and will probably stay at Forest, but there''s precious little else. I just don''t get the fuss about Lewis. None of the Posh season ticket holders that I know  rate him at all, and he''s made a significant number of errors. Declan is as good if not better.

[quote user="aka_riise"]

[/quote]

Not to worried about their players would have been nice to have a game thats not too far away for a change.

Declan is good enough now as a decent keeper,and in a couple of years will be excellent with experience and by then will have grown a couple,so will be able to finally boss his defence around,something he is lacking at the moment..

We tried to sign their young central midfielder Lee Frecklington last January, wonder if we will go back in for him...

i was at Peterborough v Newcastle on Saturday, Lewis did make some good saves, but mistakes also. He could of done better with the 3rd goal too.