Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

City players miss out on PFA Awards - Complain About this...

how funny would it be if they changed it and you see holt, Hoolahan and martin in there instead of snodgrass, beckford and Bechio

Someone should post this on a Millwall forum to.

Just sent them this under the guise of Website Feedback.....There seems to be a serious problem with your website for the PFA Fans Awards 09/10. In the drop down for Q2 after selecting League One in Q1, the list of players appearing is not correct. The only visible names are Beckford (Leeds), Becchio (Leeds), Lambert (Soton) and Snodgrass (Leeds). You will already noticed that having 3 players from a team who have woefully underperformed for 3 months of the season and not displaying any players from teams who are making a real impact on the league must be due to a techinical error of somekind. Infact, Becchio has only scored 12 goals in 41 matches which, for a forward is average at best, indicates that this must be a list from the previous season.  Please rectify the problem ASAP before too many incorrect votes are cast.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Nope still no reply,may just send them another to fill their inbox[/quote]No reply for me either. At least we wont be playing in Coca-cola Leeds 1 (or Npower Leeds 1) next year.

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Barclaybred"]Nope still no reply,may just send them another to fill their inbox[/quote]

No reply for me either. At least we wont be playing in Coca-cola Leeds 1 (or Npower Leeds 1) next year.
[/quote]

Lol

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone had a reply yet?
[/quote]

Not yet.

Becchio, Beckford, Lambert and Snodgrass are nominated for a player of the season award.

No sign of Holt, Wes or any of our players. It''s similar to when Huckerby missed out on a part in the team of the year in 2004. Very poor indeed.

Norwich City seem constantly ignored by everyone else who doesn''t support the club. It''s all Leeds, Southampton etc etc etc.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Here''s your answer....

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED09%20Apr%202010%2011%3A01%3A36%3A097

[/quote]

So they are trying to pin the blame on Norwich fans?

Incredible.
[/quote]

Indeed, it''s our fault apparently....

Who cares, we''re the ones who are going to win the League. A low profile for our players at this point is no bad thing and will hopefully keep the vultures away to an extent.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Here''s your answer....

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED09%20Apr%202010%2011%3A01%3A36%3A097

[/quote]So they are trying to pin the blame on Norwich fans?Incredible.[/quote]

Indeed, it''s our fault apparently....

[/quote]Well obviously. I mean it can''t have been their fault, can it?? [:^)]

B o llocks to them. We know how good our players are and we shall win the prize of promotion.I try not to subscribe to the apparent negative bias that our club suffers from on the whole, but this really is a blatant case of it.

I care - it doesn''t do "what it says on the tin."

The award is for player of the season. ie over a period of time. A monthly award is for having a good run of 4 or 5 games. Quite different.

The system is wrong and they should acknowledge it, change it, and then thank us, rather than blame us for pointing it out.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Who cares, we''re the ones who are going to win the League. A low profile for our players at this point is no bad thing and will hopefully keep the vultures away to an extent.[/quote]

correct. I hope Leeds get the prize but not promotion... that would be hilarious

Not trying to sound awkward but who gives a....

We''ve got 3-4 the best players in the league.  We know that.  We dont need a suit in London telling us that.

So based on the criteria for inclusion..A player could get a monthly award in August/September, break a leg, miss the rest of the season and still get Player of the year for playing 5 0r 6 games??

Absolutely laughable and sums up the state of our game !!

[quote user="McCanary"]

So based on the criteria for inclusion..A player could get a monthly award in August/September, break a leg, miss the rest of the season and still get Player of the year for playing 5 0r 6 games??

Absolutely laughable and sums up the state of our game !!

[/quote]Essentially yes, a better system would be to nominate 6 players independently and let the fans choose from those. Although every fan is just going to vote for their player anyway, so its always going to be a pointless award.  To be honest no one has appeared to be paricularly fussed when our players havent won the monthly awards, so im not sure why people are so upset now. Everyone seems more concerned with the coca-cola awards, and rightly so.If everyone does not want this happening again then presumably the message board/local media can highlight when voting begins so the fans know when and how to vote for the Norwich players. I imagine the vast majority of fans A - Dont know about the awards, B - Dont know how to vote, or C - Dont care.

I complained - but what can you do - the rules where set, and they''re being adhered to... as un-just and silly as they maybe...

For what it''s worth I sent this;

FAO: Marie-Christine Bouchier

Thank you for you insightful comments in our local paper.

Whilst clearly you are blaming us fans for not nominating players from League one I suggest you review how you publicise the voting process as, despite being an avid football fan and regular Internet user, it does seem that, as the nominees suggest, knowledge of this award has been patchy.

Please see - http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED09%20Apr%202010%2011:01:36:097

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]I''m not sure it "sums up the state of our game", but I do think it''s a ridiculous system.[/quote]

Your prerogative !