Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

City players miss out on PFA Awards - Complain About this...

Unfortunaetly its a fans vote, so the final four are simply who got voted for the most (Ie: Which teams fans could be bothered to do it) - Presumably either the Leeds media or forums publicized it, whereas I havent really heard anything about it, otherwise id have voted.So im not sure what complaining will do, its a fans vote, and thats who the fans voted for.If you want to complain about anything then the obvious suggestion would be for the PFA to shortlist 6 candidates who the fans then pick from. But again if more Leeds fans vote than everyone else then someone like Beckford will just win it anyway.Either way, Lucchiano Becchio [:$]

I have sent mine

Did anyone get a screen saying something like your message has been sent? When I pressed send it just took me back to a blank page with no confirmation that my complaint was sent

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Unfortunaetly its a fans vote, so the final four are simply who got voted for the most (Ie: Which teams fans could be bothered to do it) - Presumably either the Leeds media or forums publicized it, whereas I havent really heard anything about it, otherwise id have voted.So im not sure what complaining will do, its a fans vote, and thats who the fans voted for.If you want to complain about anything then the obvious suggestion would be for the PFA to shortlist 6 candidates who the fans then pick from. But again if more Leeds fans vote than everyone else then someone like Beckford will just win it anyway.Either way, Lucchiano Becchio [:$][/quote]If thats the case then would there not be the same number of candidates for each division? It seems the shortlist is picked then it goes to the public vote, unless anyone remembers voting for their choice?

I wouldn''t worry guys, everyone in our squad is obviously just championship quality, and can''t be included in the prize winning.Leeds players can, as they''ll be in the same league next seaason to show off their award winning league one skills [;)]Besides, it just means Lambert will win it!

I put a link up on the beebs 606 site too, so other team''s fans can see what a stupid thing it is.

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Trent Canary"]Unfortunaetly its a fans vote, so the final four are simply who got voted for the most (Ie: Which teams fans could be bothered to do it) - Presumably either the Leeds media or forums publicized it, whereas I havent really heard anything about it, otherwise id have voted.So im not sure what complaining will do, its a fans vote, and thats who the fans voted for.If you want to complain about anything then the obvious suggestion would be for the PFA to shortlist 6 candidates who the fans then pick from. But again if more Leeds fans vote than everyone else then someone like Beckford will just win it anyway.Either way, Lucchiano Becchio [:$][/quote]If thats the case then would there not be the same number of candidates for each division? It seems the shortlist is picked then it goes to the public vote, unless anyone remembers voting for their choice?[/quote]In that case im not sure. Ive found this - http://fansaward.givemefootball.com/rules-of-gameDefinitely for the monthly award you can vote for anyone, I assumed that was the case in the yearly one too? If not then maybe they took the highest vote-getters for each monthly award?Or there is the possibility that some indepedent judges picked those four, in that case it indeed would be a disgrace and worthy of our anger!

Trent Canary - How can it be a fans vote if you a limited in who you can chose? I don''t know of a nomination process?

An even deeper search shows: -"17. The PFA Fans Player Awards provides the necessary mechanism to

create the nominee list for The PFA Fans Player of the Year, which will

be awarded at the end of the season."So im guessing it means the top vote-getters for the monthly awards are the final nominees for the yearly awards (Presumably there were four clear leaders in league one, with more or less in other divisions) Therefore the only reason Leeds have three in the final four are that they voted more through the season.I agree its a stupid way of doing it though. Unfortuanetly when its a ''Fans'' award, its just a popularity contest. Id personally ignore it and focus on who the press/players awards go to.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]An even deeper search shows: -"17. The PFA Fans Player Awards provides the necessary mechanism to

be awarded at the end of the season."So im guessing it means the top vote-getters for the monthly awards are the final nominees for the yearly awards (Presumably there were four clear leaders in league one, with more or less in other divisions) Therefore the only reason Leeds have three in the final four are that they voted more through the season.I agree its a stupid way of doing it though. Unfortuanetly when its a ''Fans'' award, its just a popularity contest. Id personally ignore it and focus on who the press/players awards go to.[/quote]I agree thats a ridiculous way of doing it.Because that means that for arguments sake say 750,000 people have voted for Beckford over the course of the season to win player of the month in November, Jan and Feb If we''d have pulled our fingers out and got a million votes for Theoklitos to win in August he''d be on the short list instead??

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Trent Canary"]An even deeper search shows: -"17. The PFA Fans Player Awards provides the necessary mechanism to

be awarded at the end of the season."So im guessing it means the top vote-getters for the monthly awards are the final nominees for the yearly awards (Presumably there were four clear leaders in league one, with more or less in other divisions) Therefore the only reason Leeds have three in the final four are that they voted more through the season.I agree its a stupid way of doing it though. Unfortuanetly when its a ''Fans'' award, its just a popularity contest. Id personally ignore it and focus on who the press/players awards go to.[/quote]I agree thats a ridiculous way of doing it.Because that means that for arguments sake say 750,000 people have voted for Beckford over the course of the season to win player of the month in November, Jan and Feb If we''d have pulled our fingers out and got a million votes for Theoklitos to win in August he''d be on the short list instead??[/quote]I believe so, im not sure if they have done it by tallying the votes as a whole, or maybe taking the four nominees for each monthly award and seeing who came in the top four most often. Either way its a rubbish idea, it will always be a goalscorer, and will generally go to the team with the most fans across the country. Heres the previous winners (Including Mr D Huckerby) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Fans%27_Player_of_the_Year#2001Leave Leeds to their popularity awards, frankly they can have them. Lets await the team of the year as voted for by the players or media, cant remember which. Interesting that last year Beckford won the fans award, but didnt even make team of the year. That says it all.

Sorry Trent, I don''t agree. I don''t think that we should leave Leeds to their popularity award. All it does is further feed the myth that they are story outside the premiership (along with Newcastle).

Oh well...Let them have it.. at the end of the day I''d rather have this: [IMG]http://www.thomaslyte.com/images/content/silver/gallery/20_3.jpg[/IMG]Than this:[IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Edkz1MU-UKg/SJohMHPuFlI/AAAAAAAAC7w/G5BaMlMHM-E/080801-015218.jpg[/IMG](sorry I could only find a video of Martin O''Neil holding the trophy before passing it to one of his players..

Done, sarcastic complaint sent.  It''ll go nowhere, but it got it nicely off my chest...Also voted for Lambert, hoping its a landslide just to spite them...

Also, why can''t I vote for Wayne Rooney as the Premiership Player of the Year and not say I''m a fan of a Premiership club??What a crock...

My complaint goes as...
"Regarding your player of the season shortlists; How do you come to a shortlist of 4? It highly amuses me that 3 Leeds players make the top 4 when in fact Norwich City are top of the league and do not get represented with one nominee. The football world needs to recognise Leeds were famous once, but they are now a 3rd Division team, have been for 3 years for a reason. They are not good enough any more. To have 3 players in nominations is an utter joke."

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Also, why can''t I vote for Wayne Rooney as the Premiership Player of the Year and not say I''m a fan of a Premiership club??What a crock...[/quote]Tough day today? [:P][/quote]Lol, just registering my displeasure... [:)]Come on then, who''s going to be the first to start the ''Let''s get Lambert voted as League 1 POTS and stop those dirty Leeds scum from winning anything at all this season'' Facebook group? Might want to think about the name, though... [;)]

Out of curiosity is everyone more upset by the omission of Norwich players, or the presence of three leeds players? [;)]Either way, Leeds fans will vote for Beckford or Snodgrass, everyone else will vote for Lambert. I expect Lambert will win comfortably, and to be honest he probably deserves it[Y]But Becchio?! This reminds me of when Liverpool fans tried to hijack Sports personality of the year a few years back, by voting for Peter Crouch to get into the final ten. I believe he actually had the second highest number of votes, but the BBC knew it was a joke and took him off the list! I can see why the PFA would put forward the highest vote getters, but some common sense is required shortly?!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Out of curiosity is everyone more upset by the omission of Norwich players, or the presence of three leeds players? [;)]

Either way, Leeds fans will vote for Beckford or Snodgrass, everyone else will vote for Lambert. I expect Lambert will win comfortably, and to be honest he probably deserves it[Y]

But Becchio?!

This reminds me of when Liverpool fans tried to hijack Sports personality of the year a few years back, by voting for Peter Crouch to get into the final ten. I believe he actually had the second highest number of votes, but the BBC knew it was a joke and took him off the list! I can see why the PFA would put forward the highest vote getters, but some common sense is required shortly?!
[/quote]

Farce! complaint registered!

I just emailed and pointed out the following;
  • Norwich are top surely one of the members of the team top of the league would qualify for recongition of their efforts
  • Becchio has been out injured for 90% of the season.... how on earth is he on that list?
  • Beckford has shown appalling form since the turn of the year, the statistics dont lie
  • Why are Swindon and Millwall, as well as Norwich ignored in this vote? All three look set to be going up on their current form and all three have quality players ingnored for their hardwork.
What a complete shambles, they cant honsetly be basing this off the Leeds cup run can they? I mean honestly!

Done, didn''t make it clear that I''m a Norwich fan as that is immaterial, the point being that leeds are shite and really don''t deserve any players at all in the short list. Players I listed as alternatives included; Barnard, Holt, Hoola, Lallana, Abdou, Austin and Paynter.

Just did another one,using half brothers email addy.This time i did it as a leeds fan saying "how can any of our players be deemed to be the best in this league when since the turn of the year,nearly all of them have capitulated! I would imagine harris of millwall or paynter of swindon or any number of norwich players are more deserving than our lot! At least they have produced for most of the season where as ours thought the job was done in january!"

Does anybody know if this has been picked up on the boards of any of the other clubs that have a right to be annoyed?

It is rather a joke - the season is far longer than August-December, but you wouldn''t know that from the looks of the awards to-date, nor this farcical shortlist.

As the "Fans choice", surely it should reflect better how things have panned out for the entire season? Of course Leeds have some good players, but it is bizarre that a side which has blown a huge lead to currently lie 4th has 3 of the league''s supposed best players, yet none of the top 3 have any in the running.

Some ''Fans choice'' that is.