Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Charlton beam back

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="Bungay Canary"]Just hope the football league show make it there top game then it will be on justin tv[/quote]wont it be on justintv anyway regardless of the fl show as the club are relying on an internet stream from anglia tv?[/quote] good thinking batman

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Look at it like this - it can''t possibly be any worse than the game last season.  I was there and I thought I couldn''t go to Charlton again but mysteriously my position has wavered...[/quote]No mystery Graham....You''re suffering from a lifelong addiction to NCFC.There is no cure.

[/quote]Awful news.Is there anything I can do to prolong my sanity and mental health, doctor?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]"The Club has teamed up with Anglia TV to obtain live satellite coverage

of the game to show at Carrow Road"does this mean there will be an internet feed somewhere that we can pick up and watch at home?[/quote]Fantastic suggestion mate!

I would have thought, and I''m only really guessing here, but I would imagine it would be some sort of closed loop system that won''t be available to view on the net.Otherwise the club could spend a fortune on it and everyone would just stay at home and watch it.

[quote user="morty"]I would have thought, and I''m only really guessing here, but I would imagine it would be some sort of closed loop system that won''t be available to view on the net.Otherwise the club could spend a fortune on it and everyone would just stay at home and watch it.[/quote]Yeah, if the feed is between Anglia and the club, then I can''t see how anyone who sets up these live feeds on JustinTV etc would have access to it to broadcast it elsewhere.

They can stick their beam back where the sun don''t shine as far as I''m concerned.They should of been pestering Charlton weeks ago and forcing them in to giving us a bigger allocation.Approx 7,000 empty seats while we are playing for the title/promotion is an absolute joke in my eyes.  I thought that McNally had ridded us of nice little Norwich tag?Any other club with our following would be turning up to the Valley mob handed with or without tickets!

[quote user="Smudger"]They can stick their beam back where the sun don''t shine as far as I''m concerned.

They should of been pestering Charlton weeks ago and forcing them in to giving us a bigger allocation.

Approx 7,000 empty seats while we are playing for the title/promotion is an absolute joke in my eyes.  I thought that McNally had ridded us of nice little Norwich tag?

Any other club with our following would be turning up to the Valley mob handed with or without tickets!
[/quote]Is there any history of Charlton giving more than the standard 3,200 to any club?  It''s not easy to make extra seats available, especially when away fans are normally housed in a seperate stand.

I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Smudger"]They can stick their beam back where the sun don''t shine as far as I''m concerned.They should of been pestering Charlton weeks ago and forcing them in to giving us a bigger allocation.Approx 7,000 empty seats while we are playing for the title/promotion is an absolute joke in my eyes.  I thought that McNally had ridded us of nice little Norwich tag?Any other club with our following would be turning up to the Valley mob handed with or without tickets![/quote]Is there any history of Charlton giving more than the standard 3,200 to any club?  It''s not easy to make extra seats available, especially when away fans are normally housed in a seperate stand.[/quote]According to a poster on one of the other threads about this Leicester were given 4,000 not so long back (with fans in both the East and South Stands I think he said).  I think he also said that segregation was used in one of the stands then.It is ridiculous to suggest that they could not of given us a bigger allocation for segregation reasons.  All that they would of needed to do was get a few more policemen on duty in the ground to ensure that the concourse below was not breached.  Charlton fans will no doubt be mixing freely with Norwich fans around the ground, there is no history of trouble between the two sets of fans and we should of been taking these issues up with the Football League weeks ago if Charlton were not going to alter their stance on the matter in my opinion.

I believe that Charlton''s East Stand holds 6,000?Therefore why did they not just house Norwich fans in that Stand from the start and move whoever sat there in to other stands?  This would have enabled them to make an additional £100,000 plus in revenue and more than likely £150,000 once catering was taken in to account.Instead for me they have placed a wedge between NCFC and CAFC and I for one hope that decision comes back to haunt them as they slip back in to the serious financial problems their club had not so many years ago.  Thier decision can''t be based on anything more than they do not wish to have additional Norwich fans at the game because they feel that may prevent them from getting a result which could push them on to 2nd place?Here''s hoping that CAFC regularly see 14,000 empty seats next season as they slide towards the 4th tier.

[quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.[/quote]Thats their shout, if it was that easy I''m sure they wouldn''t turn down extra revenue. Maybe they said to us that we had to take all 6,000 tickets and Norwich couldn''t guarantee shifting them all and then we''d make a loss on it?I''m playing devil''s advocate here smudge as I really don''t know. Maybe if enough people contact our ticket office someone will deem it worth making further enquiries to Charlton and they will release more seats next week.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.[/quote]Thats their shout, if it was that easy I''m sure they wouldn''t turn down extra revenue. Maybe they said to us that we had to take all 6,000 tickets and Norwich couldn''t guarantee shifting them all and then we''d make a loss on it?I''m playing devil''s advocate here smudge as I really don''t know. Maybe if enough people contact our ticket office someone will deem it worth making further enquiries to Charlton and they will release more seats next week.[/quote]I thought we had already asked for more tickets and Charlton had declined them?Of course you are right in saying it is their shout and they are fully entitled do do whatever they like as it is their decsion.  I for one will not have a jot of sympathy for CAFC if they run in to serious financial difficulties next season and spend many a long year down here or lower playing in front of half empty stands though.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.[/quote]Thats their shout, if it was that easy I''m sure they wouldn''t turn down extra revenue. Maybe they said to us that we had to take all 6,000 tickets and Norwich couldn''t guarantee shifting them all and then we''d make a loss on it?I''m playing devil''s advocate here smudge as I really don''t know. Maybe if enough people contact our ticket office someone will deem it worth making further enquiries to Charlton and they will release more seats next week.[/quote]I thought we had already asked for more tickets and Charlton had declined them?Of course you are right in saying it is their shout and they are fully entitled do do whatever they like as it is their decsion.  I for one will not have a jot of sympathy for CAFC if they run in to serious financial difficulties next season and spend many a long year down here or lower playing in front of half empty stands though.[/quote]I don''t know if we asked for more or not. I don''t have a lot of sympathy for other football clubs regardless lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.[/quote]Thats their shout, if it was that easy I''m sure they wouldn''t turn down extra revenue. Maybe they said to us that we had to take all 6,000 tickets and Norwich couldn''t guarantee shifting them all and then we''d make a loss on it?I''m playing devil''s advocate here smudge as I really don''t know. Maybe if enough people contact our ticket office someone will deem it worth making further enquiries to Charlton and they will release more seats next week.[/quote]I thought we had already asked for more tickets and Charlton had declined them?Of course you are right in saying it is their shout and they are fully entitled do do whatever they like as it is their decsion.  I for one will not have a jot of sympathy for CAFC if they run in to serious financial difficulties next season and spend many a long year down here or lower playing in front of half empty stands though.[/quote]I don''t know if we asked for more or not. I don''t have a lot of sympathy for other football clubs regardless lol.[/quote]haha your an evil man Morty, but I like it! [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]I would like to hope that as soon as we saw how over subscribed the draw was that we would have been in touch with Charlton to ask for more seats.And no one is likely to turn business away so I would suspect that the issue of moving season ticket holders is the actual problem as opposed to any kind of conspiracy theory.[/quote]CAFC is a business Morty.Does it make good business sense for CAFC to be turning away approx £150,000 in additional revenue just because they may have to move a few season ticket holders once or twice a season?I hope they run in to the crippling debts that they suffered from not so long back if that is their business model.[/quote]Thats their shout, if it was that easy I''m sure they wouldn''t turn down extra revenue. Maybe they said to us that we had to take all 6,000 tickets and Norwich couldn''t guarantee shifting them all and then we''d make a loss on it?I''m playing devil''s advocate here smudge as I really don''t know. Maybe if enough people contact our ticket office someone will deem it worth making further enquiries to Charlton and they will release more seats next week.[/quote]I thought we had already asked for more tickets and Charlton had declined them?Of course you are right in saying it is their shout and they are fully entitled do do whatever they like as it is their decsion.  I for one will not have a jot of sympathy for CAFC if they run in to serious financial difficulties next season and spend many a long year down here or lower playing in front of half empty stands though.[/quote]I don''t know if we asked for more or not. I don''t have a lot of sympathy for other football clubs regardless lol.[/quote]haha your an evil man Morty, but I like it! [:P][/quote]I honestly don''t, I care about Norwich City and no one else. I may have some sympathy when fans get turned over, but if a club can''t run their affairs properly and find themselves in the brown stuff, don''t come carping to me about it.[:)]

I wonder why the club doesn''t cater for more supporters to be able to watch the beam-back?

I reckon there would be more than 2,500 who would like to see the game...

So are NCFC being foolish (as well as what Smudger says Charlton are?)....Is it not financially viable or productive?

Or, is it because stewarding will be required, paying staff  for manning turnstiles, and opening the concourse refreshment areas to the Jarrold or whatever stand is  used for a large outdoor screen?

I remember watching some games in the lounges (top o'' the terrace) when we were chasing promotion to the Prem....If you don''t get a seat close to the front, it can be frustrating having to swan -neck to follow the action.

They could advertise/promote a large outdoor screen showing of the Charlton game - at tomorrow''s game against MK....

Should we consult Andrew Cullen on what he''d do, when he comes with his current club tomorrow...eh?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I wonder why the club doesn''t cater for more supporters to be able to watch the beam-back?

So are NCFC being foolish (as well as what Smudger says Charlton are?)....Is it not financially viable or productive?

Or, is it because stewarding will be required, paying staff  for manning turnstiles, and opening the concourse refreshment areas to the Jarrold or whatever stand is  used for a large outdoor screen?

I remember watching some games in the lounges (top o'' the terrace) when we were chasing promotion to the Prem....If you don''t get a seat close to the front, it can be frustrating having to swan -neck to follow the action.

They could advertise/promote a large outdoor screen showing of the Charlton game - at tomorrow''s game against MK....

Should we consult Andrew Cullen on what he''d do, when he comes with his current club tomorrow...eh?

[/quote]

I have been trying all day to phone the Ticket office, and just got through and have been told I have got my Charlton tickets, But the big Laugh is we are moving on that day too, So what do I do now, of coarse I''m going to Charlton leave it to the removell guys.The wife has said she would rather me be out the way anyway, never let it be said I don''t do as I''m told.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]£8 for under 16''s for the beam back. It''s only a fiver for a match ticket![/quote]that is shocking!! tbf though so is £10 adult.

Started ringing at 8.55am and got through at 9.20pm but good news I was lucky in the draw so didn''t need beam back tickets.

Still think it was organised badly and tickets or unsuccessfull letter should have been here before today.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I have been trying all day to phone the Ticket office, and just got through and have been told I have got my Charlton tickets, But the big Laugh is we are moving on that day too, So what do I do now, of coarse I''m going to Charlton leave it to the removell guys.The wife has said she would rather me be out the way anyway, never let it be said I don''t do as I''m told.

[/quote]

You assist in the move....I''ll look after your tickets for you.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You assist in the move....I''ll look after your tickets for you.....

[/quote]

Don''t think he''ll fall for that one Mello [:)]