Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Charlton beam back

On official site now, tickets go on sale this saturday 0900, 1500 tickets up for grabs in the lounges, why not put a big screen up in the ground, this is probably the biggest game so far this season, bigger than the Leeds one,

Well I hope we''ve found out if we were successful in group 3 by then!!  Can we not have a Leyton Orient beam back too? [:P]

Well I''ve just been and had a nosy at the official site to find this:"Notification is being sent to all those supporters who were

unsuccessful in their applications by first class post today, in order

to alert them to the opportunity of purchasing tickets for the

beam-back. Successful applicants for match tickets will receive them at

the beginning of next week."So - we''ve got to rely on Royal Mail to deliver the news in time. And does that mean they are not contacting successful applicants until tickets are sent out?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Expense is probably the answer to that. I''m guessing they already have the facilities to show it in the lounges.[/quote]

Very true, but doyou think we would have trouble recouping that money if the ground was open, I think not 

[quote user="mnc"]Well I''ve just been and had a nosy at the official site to find this:"Notification is being sent to all those supporters who were

unsuccessful in their applications by first class post today, in order

to alert them to the opportunity of purchasing tickets for the

beam-back. Successful applicants for match tickets will receive them at

the beginning of next week."So - we''ve got to rely on Royal Mail to deliver the news in time. And does that mean they are not contacting successful applicants until tickets are sent out? [/quote]FFS. Why didn''t they just close the applications a week earlier.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="mnc"]Well I''ve just been and had a nosy at the official site to find this:

"Notification is being sent to all those supporters who were unsuccessful in their applications by first class post today, in order to alert them to the opportunity of purchasing tickets for the beam-back. Successful applicants for match tickets will receive them at the beginning of next week."

So - we''ve got to rely on Royal Mail to deliver the news in time. And does that mean they are not contacting successful applicants until tickets are sent out?
[/quote]

FFS. Why didn''t they just close the applications a week earlier.
[/quote]

Now your just being bloody sensable arn''t you

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Expense is probably the answer to that. I''m guessing they already have the facilities to show it in the lounges.[/quote]

Very true, but doyou think we would have trouble recouping that money if the ground was open, I think not 

[/quote]

I agree. Though this is probably the low risk option and easily organised at short notice.

I went to the beam back last year, think I will give it a miss this time lol.

[quote user="morty"]I went to the beam back last year, think I will give it a miss this time lol.
[/quote]

Same here, horrible memories of that day, would rather listen to it!

[quote user="Mushroom"]

[quote user="morty"]I went to the beam back last year, think I will give it a miss this time lol.[/quote]

Same here, horrible memories of that day, would rather listen to it!

[/quote]I don''t know whats worse tbh. I''m hoping to get tickets for Charlton but if I don''t get them I reckon I''ll weaken and go to the beamback, I like to think we''ll do better there this season!

Look at it like this - it can''t possibly be any worse than the game last season.  I was there and I thought I couldn''t go to Charlton again but mysteriously my position has wavered...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Look at it like this - it can''t possibly be any worse than the game last season.  I was there and I thought I couldn''t go to Charlton again but mysteriously my position has wavered...[/quote]No mystery Graham....You''re suffering from a lifelong addiction to NCFC.There is no cure.

"The Club has teamed up with Anglia TV to obtain live satellite coverage

of the game to show at Carrow Road"does this mean there will be an internet feed somewhere that we can pick up and watch at home?

As I''m based in south London and the beam back is only in the lounge at Cara I think its only fair that 2 of you with tickets hand them over to me and i''ll get you both seats at the said beam back...with a few pints and a packet of pork scratchings thrown in for good measure.

very generous - i''d say.

"I''m a fair man, Mr Fiddlers me name - Pound!...thats it, £1"

I witnessed "that" game last season in the flesh along with every CAFC away game (even at selhurst/upton park/etc) since the late 80''s...and i''ve only seen us win once! once! (Kevin drinkell scored!)

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

At £10 a ticket yes, that is crazy money to watch it on tv.

[quote user="Canariesworld"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

At £10 a ticket yes, that is crazy money to watch it on tv.[/quote]If I don''t get lucky in the draw then its still a better option than Radio Snorefolk.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]£8 for under 16''s for the beam back. It''s only a fiver for a match ticket![/quote]Good spot. I''ve been to a couple of these things with the on-pitch screen and I''m sure it was never as much as they''re charging for this.

[quote user="pete_norw"]On official site now, tickets go on sale this saturday 0900, 1500 tickets up for grabs in the lounges, why not put a big screen up in the ground, this is probably the biggest game so far this season, bigger than the Leeds one,[/quote]

I know I''m probably having yet another blonde moment but where does it say there are 1500 tickets available for the beam back??

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]On official site now, tickets go on sale this saturday 0900, 1500 tickets up for grabs in the lounges, why not put a big screen up in the ground, this is probably the biggest game so far this season, bigger than the Leeds one,[/quote]

I know I''m probably having yet another blonde moment but where does it say there are 1500 tickets available for the beam back??

[/quote]Think it''s a case of misreading, there were 1,500 unsuccessful applicants

[quote user="barclayendstand"]£8 for under 16''s for the beam back. It''s only a fiver for a match ticket![/quote]

Big thing is though you can''t get a ticket unless you are luck in the ballot.  You either want to see it or you don''t, if you do the prices are on the website, if you don''t you can listen to snorefolk for nowt.

It''s all money for the club, which might help towards a players wages.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]Just hope the football league show make it there top game then it will be on justin tv[/quote]wont it be on justintv anyway regardless of the fl show as the club are relying on an internet stream from anglia tv?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Well As I was typing the thread  on here it was mentioned on Scrimmage the 1.500 fans who were not able to get tickets, and they said there is this amount for the Beamback, or did I miss hear what they said .

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]