Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

The daily Leeds laugh-in

Naylor to replace Beckford up front. A lot of Leeds fan are serious about it as well.

[quote user="Smudger"]I really do not get everybody pinning all of the blame on Beckford.  Take his goals out of the Leeds side and where are the goals coming from?This is the problem, they have a striker who does not want to be there and have nothing to back it up.  We have 2 x 20+ goal strikers, Hoolahan who has chipped in what 14/15 and then we even have Oli and Elliot on the bench at the moment.  Swindon who I think will grab 2nd unless it comes down to the final game (when they could freeze in fear at a packed Den) have Paynter and Austin (40 goals) and more recently brought in Pericard and Nouble.  Millwall have a strike partnership that has the best part of 40 goals betweeen them in Harris and Morison - but where they are solid is at the back with Ward, Robinson, Craig and Dunne amongst the best defenders in this Division.Quite simply Leeds are not one of the top 3 teams in this league.  They don''t score enough and conceed too many - the signs were there at Christmas and nothing was done in the January transfer window.While they do have a few decent fans who I have some sympathy for, they have just as many absolute morons who continue to allow Leeds name to be dragged through the mud. [/quote] I agree completely with Smudger''s comments, never thught I would see the day!Well summarised Smudger!

[quote user="willynaylor"]yes I know..but small steps....sarfend at home on sat

that millwall-swindon game on the last day is gonna be huge!
[/quote]

It may be huge to them Willy but it will only matter to Leeds if you can do the business between now and that point. Do you believe you will?

Watched the Leeds game on tv v Yeovil out of morbid curiosity & I was invited by a friend,who is a Leeds fan.Had a few beers & for once it was good not being the one chewing my nails or swearing at the box unlike my fellow viewer.Some impartial observations I made about the Leeds team include that Beckford did nothing for 99% of the match,running/walking around expecting everyone else to supply him with the ball,very lazy.Complete contrast to our own Grant Holt who will run his heart out to actively search out the ball.We both agreed that Beckford looked disinterested & appears to have lost all confidence.I think Leeds would have done far better to have left him out & played ''anybody'' else who would actually have had some fight in them.Gradel by contrast was easily Leeds best player,ran for everything & looked very impressive & deserved a goal.If Leeds had 11 players like him they would not be in the position they are in now.They looked like they have defence issues & the heads went down when Yeovil scored a deserved goal & could have scored more.They didn''t play like they did against us & looked lacklustre at times but still managed to get the points.I hope Leeds get something out of this season especially as depression has set in with my mate but Swindon look good for the automatic place.

Some hand picked responses:

Beauseant Said:

"but I fail to understand how you can play with such spirit at Carrow Road, yet be so abject against Milwall and Swindon before and after."

Didn''t you know, we are their cup final!

Smudger Said:

"They don''t score enough and conceed too many - the signs were there at Christmas and nothing was done in the January transfer window."

In January Leeds had by far the best defence in the division - 0.56 goals per game. Their goals for record was 45 from 23, 3rd highest goals per game in the league. They had an 8 point lead and had lost once. If the signs were there, then they were written very small.

source: http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/todec.html

[quote user="willynaylor"]yes, we''re aware we''re being laughed at. What an absolutely surreal season, it really is. Did we actually win at Man Utd or did I dream it?![/quote]

funnily enough thats the worst thing thats happened to you this season. the best result would have been a spanking by Man u... you would have expected it (possibly accepted it) and moved on with the season.

that result made you think you were untouchable.. Exeter away should have proved that you weren''t.

i''m of the opinion that if Leeds part company with Grayson now they could turn around to rescue 2nd place.

B****ks to Beckford... he doesnt want to be there.. let him get fat in the reserves for the next few weeks and give a chance to those who deserve it, under a new manager who will have the players on his side you could still do it yet!

We should be careful at laughing at Leeds. Look at where we were last season and where we were heading at the beginning of this season. If it hadn''t had been for a back room staff reshuffle and the subsequent disposal of Gunn we''d easily have been turned over twice by the likes of Carlisle, Walsall, Brentford and other clubs that we like to think that are a push-over but flippin'' well aren''t.

[quote user="K Lo"]We should be careful at laughing at Leeds. Look at where we were last season and where we were heading at the beginning of this season. If it hadn''t had been for a back room staff reshuffle and the subsequent disposal of Gunn we''d easily have been turned over twice by the likes of Carlisle, Walsall, Brentford and other clubs that we like to think that are a push-over but flippin'' well aren''t.
[/quote]

Spot on.

Leeds are a joke. Disgusting club, disgusting fans hope you all rot in League 1 and your Northern slums for eternity

[quote user="7rew"]Some hand picked responses:

Beauseant Said:

"but I fail to understand how you can play with such spirit at Carrow Road, yet be so abject against Milwall and Swindon before and after."

Didn''t you know, we are their cup final!

Smudger Said:

"They don''t score enough and conceed too many - the signs were there at Christmas and nothing was done in the January transfer window."

In January Leeds had by far the best defence in the division - 0.56 goals per game. Their goals for record was 45 from 23, 3rd highest goals per game in the league. They had an 8 point lead and had lost once. If the signs were there, then they were written very small.

source: http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/todec.html[/quote]

I didnt realise Soton had been in the play offs at all this season. They did well to get there by the end of December

Northern Slums? Stupid thing to say Neil. Socio-economic inequality rages in virtually every region of every country of the globe, where rich live with poor. It''s not generally anyone''s fault or something you can deride, merely a symptom of free-market economics.

So, that''s the lecture for the day, what i meant to say was, Grayson has really let himself down by not selling/dropping Beckford long ago. He hasn''t had the balls to do it and it reflect badly on him when EVERYONE else can see he''s not interested. It''s exactly the same as what Huckerby was talking about with the reason no-one turned up at Craven Cottage on THAT day. Most of the players had their deals sorted out for next season and are not interested anymore. That is where Beckford is. I watched Late Kick Off Yorks after we beat them and they showed some footage of Beckford going up against Nelson being brushed off the ball like a fly and going down clutching his back. Told you all you needed to know and they said the same on the programme.

I wouldn''t normally advocate ditching the manager in situations like this but i think if they could get someone in right now to replace Grayson they should do/should have done it. Seems like the only think that can rescue them.

Blimey I just read on text that Beckford got booed off the pitch by the fans and he made a hand gesture lol, think he might have peed a few fans off.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Blimey I just read on text that Beckford got booed off the pitch by the fans and he made a hand gesture lol, think he might have peed a few fans off.[/quote]I was reading about it on Waccoe earlier and most of the fans surprisingly stuck up for him! But no surprise that as soon as he gets taken off they win 2-0.