Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

The daily Leeds laugh-in

Morning all and happy Easter

Have to say now our decline is reaching colossal proportions and have to admit it must be hilarious for everybody.

As a fan how do you deal with it?! Massive apathy for me. If I was still at school and took Leeds seriously, then it would probably kill me. Now as Im a bit older, you cant take this basket case of a football club seriously.

But we''re getting dismantled systematically by teams who play with passion, organisation and vibrancy. We just look so lethargic and docile its untrue.

It has all the hallmarks of having the manager having lost the dressing room. Something serious has gone on behind the scenes, but the players arent playing for him.

We havent scored for 385 minutes, which for a decent squad and amongst the best in the division, is unforgivable.

I need you boys to get back to winning ways tomorrow for my league 1 title bet!

It''s very good of you to come on here and laugh at yourself willy.

Don''t take this personally but i hate Leeds almost as much as i hate Ipswich, so for me it''s bloody hilarious.

Pretty unforgiving this football lark, hey!

"the players arent playing for him"

One in particular stood out like a sore thumb at Carrow Road.  You should have sold him in January

haha no dont take it personally..if anything a lot of leeds fans quite relish and enjoy that.

Maybe thats to do with the psyche of the club, but I dont think Id like to support a club that just slips between the edges (Preston, Watford, QPR, Doncaster etc)

Even after we beat you I thought you would still get second as I thought you might go on some sort of late season run but now, no way!  Might even struggle to keep in the play offs the rate your going!

Happy Easter and enjoy visiting Rochdale when they come up next season!

Have to say the fall from grace has been shocking i don''t think anyone expected it to be this bad! Got to feel for the decent fans like yourself, You could always come and support a team on the way up lol.

Happy Easter as well[Y] I think i am probably the only one on this forum that doesn''t have a severe dislike of your club.I have known a few Leeds fans over the years and they have all been sound.

Where do you think it went wrong? Was it the FA cup run (esp.the Man U result)?Was it not getting rid of JB?

Got to say it takes some balls to keep coming back on here week after week willy, but as a sensible realist you''ll get sensible responses.I can''t really imagine you''ll implode to the extent that you''ll miss the play-offs but even so you''ll have to beat Millwall and/or Swindon to reach the Championship. On current form that''s not going to be easy.I wonder how long Grayson will survive ? Seems a bit pointless to get rid of him at this stage of the season but I suspect he''s doomed even if you do get promoted this year.Given our own decline in recent years I think most Norwich fans would agree that sometimes it ''aint much fun following football.......

While I have no sympathy for the knuckle draggers amongst your support, you''ve made some good contributions on here and I do feel for you, willy. I know (like most city fans of a reasonable age) what it feels like to have your heart ripped out by your club, but I have to say that the Leeds decline really has reached epic proportions, even though I noticed someone on Waccoe  yesterday saying that you would still go up as champions!

I don''t really know where you start mate. It''s clear that there is something badly wrong with your club, but I''m not sure quite what. I know that Grayson is being crucified but I think he''s an excellent young manager and worth sticking with. I suspect that the Beckford situation is a major factor, but I fail to understand how you can play with such spirit at Carrow Road, yet be so abject against Milwall and Swindon before and after. You just have to keep the faith, I suppose.

You lot did us a fantastic favour in keeping Beckford against his will. He doesn''t care about Leeds and is obviously just waiting for his payday at the end of the season. Well done !!![:D] 

It''s very nice of you to come on here like this. [Y]I also despise Leeds probably as much as Ipswich at the moment, and am absolutely loving it. [:D]My best result is Leeds 0 - 10 Hudders'' in the play off final. [:)]

Willy you could always convert to supporting the canaries, maybe that will help short term but football goes in cycles. Looks like we might have some glory times now, but in the cycle of a football fan in the modern game, we will probably be on our way back down again ( not to league 1 I hope ) as Leeds go back up. I know how I felt last year, it ruined my whole summer and cant imagine how I would feel if the unlikely happened and we blew it this year. Bet there was quite a few laughing when we got relegated, bet they wish now Barnesly or Plymouth had gone down as surely they would not have been as good as we have this year.

Keep the faith we did.

You seem like a normal Leeds fan [:O] didn''t know they existed [Y]But i''m loving Leeds losing and blowing it, I think it''s hilarious [:D]

yes, we''re aware we''re being laughed at.

What an absolutely surreal season, it really is. Did we actually win at Man Utd or did I dream it?!

I don''t think Leeds could have had much of a choice regarding Beckford-he was, is, their only goalscorer, had there either been someone at the club, or someone they could have signed, to take his place, and guarantee, from January, 10-15 goals plus, he would have gone.

As it is, the likes of loans, espensive loans, have been shelled out on the likes of Vokes, McSheffrey, Dickov; none of them inspiring, none who I''d want within a light year of Carrow Road, and none of whom are capable, nor have come up with, the goods.

And relying on too many loanees is a a dangerous game to play-how committed are they? Do they actually give a damn? Do the loanees and "permanent" players get on, or are there little cliques, a ''them and us'' thing in the squad? We suffered for it last season, and, lest Leeds forget, the last time they imported lots of loan players themselves, they went down from the Prem-you''d think someone might have learnt a lesson there, Lambert clearly saw how it affected us last season, and is not keen on them himself, certainly in big numbers, our squad and reliance on loanees this season, compared to last, shows the difference.

A lot of Leeds'' better players are confidence players-Snodgrass and Bradley Johnson to name two, with the teams slump has come a fall in their performances. Beckford clearly and very obviously doesn''t give a damn anymore and seems to be playing badly to spite them for not getting his move.

Grayson being removed from his post is not the answer, and they would be extremely foolish to even consider that. But I wouldn''t put it past Bates, and I wouldn''t be at all surprised if, come August, Denis Wise is back there in some capacity.

When we were plumetting last season, I said the club lacked leadership, purpose, and vision-I think that is esactly what has happened to Leeds this season. Their implosion has benefitted us no end, and, with all of our woes in recent years, I am golad that it is happening to another club and another set of fans now-because it so easily could be us again.

[quote user="willynaylor"]Morning all and happy Easter

Have to say now our decline is reaching colossal proportions and have to admit it must be hilarious for everybody.

As a fan how do you deal with it?! Massive apathy for me. If I was still at school and took Leeds seriously, then it would probably kill me. Now as Im a bit older, you cant take this basket case of a football club seriously.

But we''re getting dismantled systematically by teams who play with passion, organisation and vibrancy. We just look so lethargic and docile its untrue.

It has all the hallmarks of having the manager having lost the dressing room. Something serious has gone on behind the scenes, but the players arent playing for him.

We havent scored for 385 minutes, which for a decent squad and amongst the best in the division, is unforgivable.

I need you boys to get back to winning ways tomorrow for my league 1 title bet![/quote]To be fair, the coverage I saw/heard yesterday suggested you had 3 gilt-edged chances to take the lead including a Hoooze 6 yarder which he either hit straight at the keeper or which was fantastically well saved by the keeper.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I don''t really know where you start mate. It''s clear that there is something badly wrong with your club, but I''m not sure quite what. I know that Grayson is being crucified but I think he''s an excellent young manager and worth sticking with. I suspect that the Beckford situation is a major factor, but I fail to understand how you can play with such spirit at Carrow Road, yet be so abject against Milwall and Swindon before and after. You just have to keep the faith, I suppose.[/quote]I have a theory on this which isn''t particularly insightful, but...I think the worry and concern amongst the supporters has been translated to the players on the pitch.  You usually see this with relegation-threatened sides - playing at home they are scared to make a pass or take responsibility because they will get a load of s**t from their own crowd if they do.  Remember Norwich in the last days of Worthy, or against Reading under Gunn, or indeed against Charlton in the FA Cup under Roeder?  It''s that on a bigger scale.  That''s why I think if Leeds are going to get out of this they''ll have to start by doing it away  from home first.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I don''t think Leeds could have had much of a choice regarding Beckford-he was, is, their only goalscorer, had there either been someone at the club, or someone they could have signed, to take his place, and guarantee, from January, 10-15 goals plus, he would have gone.

As it is, the likes of loans, espensive loans, have been shelled out on the likes of Vokes, McSheffrey, Dickov; none of them inspiring, none who I''d want within a light year of Carrow Road, and none of whom are capable, nor have come up with, the goods.

And relying on too many loanees is a a dangerous game to play-how committed are they? Do they actually give a damn? Do the loanees and "permanent" players get on, or are there little cliques, a ''them and us'' thing in the squad? We suffered for it last season, and, lest Leeds forget, the last time they imported lots of loan players themselves, they went down from the Prem-you''d think someone might have learnt a lesson there, Lambert clearly saw how it affected us last season, and is not keen on them himself, certainly in big numbers, our squad and reliance on loanees this season, compared to last, shows the difference.

A lot of Leeds'' better players are confidence players-Snodgrass and Bradley Johnson to name two, with the teams slump has come a fall in their performances. Beckford clearly and very obviously doesn''t give a damn anymore and seems to be playing badly to spite them for not getting his move.

Grayson being removed from his post is not the answer, and they would be extremely foolish to even consider that. But I wouldn''t put it past Bates, and I wouldn''t be at all surprised if, come August, Denis Wise is back there in some capacity.

When we were plumetting last season, I said the club lacked leadership, purpose, and vision-I think that is esactly what has happened to Leeds this season. Their implosion has benefitted us no end, and, with all of our woes in recent years, I am golad that it is happening to another club and another set of fans now-because it so easily could be us again.[/quote]As always Shuck, spot on [Y]

true

The trouble is, I dont think any other club have had such a fall from grace as Leeds. This season was panning out so well, and we thought we were starting to make the long climb back. As much as everyone hates us, I dont think many clubs can deny that we''ve been through more than most.

I disagree on Grayson - I think he is the problem and will be gone soon.

[quote user="Herman "]

Happy Easter as well[Y] I think i am probably the only one on this forum that doesn''t have a severe dislike of your club.I have known a few Leeds fans over the years and they have all been sound.

Where do you think it went wrong? Was it the FA cup run (esp.the Man U result)?Was it not getting rid of JB?

Im no leeds hater either... Their fans do look at and appreciate other clubs and unlike what some people think,are not up their own ..... Talk to spurs fans or man utd fans...they really are arrogant ...... Having said that,because of the potential of leeds if they got the right manager in,i dont want them coming 2nd or being promoted,so it weakens the championship...I would love swindon 2nd and huddersfield to grab play offs

[/quote]

Im no leeds hater either... Their fans do look at and appreciate other clubs and unlike what some people think,are not up their own ..... Talk to spurs fans or man utd fans...they really are arrogant ...... Having said that,because of the potential of leeds if they got the right manager in,i dont want them coming 2nd or being promoted,so it weakens the championship...I would love swindon 2nd and huddersfield to grab play offs

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

Leeds have the big problem of living in the past, and think they are to big for this league, bigger problem is others Can''t resist to prove them wronge, Leeds are in this league for the same reason we are, and that is we were crap for the past few seasons, Now we have a gilt edge chance of getting out at first attempt, a fete not many clubs manage, yes we love to remember the past good days but we also have two things more than Leeds, 1 a good manager, and 2 the best fans that have stuck by the club and now are starting to celebrate.

The days of Clough and Revee are long gone, no more elastic neck look to the future not the past,or you could be in this league a few more seasons yet     

Fair play to you willy.Like most people, I thought you had the title sewn up. Still think you''ll get promotion.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I don''t think Leeds could have had much of a choice regarding Beckford-he was, is, their only goalscorer, had there either been someone at the club, or someone they could have signed, to take his place, and guarantee, from January, 10-15 goals plus, he would have gone.

When we were plumetting last season, I said the club lacked leadership, purpose, and vision-I think that is esactly what has happened to Leeds this season. Their implosion has benefitted us no end, and, with all of our woes in recent years, I am golad that it is happening to another club and another set of fans now-because it so easily could be us again.[/quote]I really do not get everybody pinning all of the blame on Beckford.  Take his goals out of the Leeds side and where are the goals coming from?This is the problem, they have a striker who does not want to be there and have nothing to back it up.  We have 2 x 20+ goal strikers, Hoolahan who has chipped in what 14/15 and then we even have Oli and Elliot on the bench at the moment.  Swindon who I think will grab 2nd unless it comes down to the final game (when they could freeze in fear at a packed Den) have Paynter and Austin (40 goals) and more recently brought in Pericard and Nouble.  Millwall have a strike partnership that has the best part of 40 goals betweeen them in Harris and Morison - but where they are solid is at the back with Ward, Robinson, Craig and Dunne amongst the best defenders in this Division.Quite simply Leeds are not one of the top 3 teams in this league.  They don''t score enough and conceed too many - the signs were there at Christmas and nothing was done in the January transfer window.While they do have a few decent fans who I have some sympathy for, they have just as many absolute morons who continue to allow Leeds name to be dragged through the mud.

[quote user="willynaylor"].............

I need you boys to get back to winning ways tomorrow for my league 1 title bet![/quote]I''m sure we''re all hoping we can oblige willy....After the shocking refereeing at Tranmere our players must be seething which in theory lines hapless Stockport as the sacrificial lambs tomorrow. Most on here have us to run up a cricket score.Knowing this football lark it''s probably best you have a saver on an away win.......

"And relying on too many loanees is a a dangerous game to play-how committed are they? "

Huckerby, Crouch It is not a game either. Often a necessity forced on clubs. You can afford their wages for a limited amount of months but not commit the club to a few years of a contract. Look at the paupers down the road and ask why they have been using so many loanees.

Lambert clearly saw how it affected us last season

" Or it could have been that the finance was there at that point. How many loanees did Gun have when Lambert took over. What was one of the first signings Lambert made. Forster, a loanee - not committed ?

"A lot of Leeds'' better players are confidence players"

Eh ! What on earth is that supposed to mean, stage fright ? Players can be demotivated by the circumstances at the time but to ascribe that to some personalised mumbo jumbo is absurd.

"Snodgrass and Bradley Johnson to name two, with the teams slump has come a fall in their performances. "

Or maybe the other way round. How do you explain Snodgrass''s performance at City after two suggested confidence sapping defeats before ?

"Grayson being removed from his post is not the answer"

Why not, he is the leader as far as the players are concerned. Even you recognise the importance of that -

"When we were plumetting last season, I said the club lacked leadership, purpose, and vision-I think that is esactly what has happened to Leeds this season" .

I wouldn''t say City lacked purpose or vision. What they lacked was the know how to achieve their vision. When we hit our lowest point last May I think it was the trigger for a few to come forward. The directors, new Chief Executive and ultimately a new manager.

With the manager cam an obvious sense of ''common'' purpose. We were all in it together. I doubt that exists at Leeds. Certainly not with Ken Bates anywhere near things. I don''t think Grayson was brought in to achieve anything beyond promotion that season. Great, until things go wrong, then it is a short term fix. Bringing in short term players.

It might be said that the best time to look for a parachute is when you are getting into the plane, not when you have to climb out of it quickly. Lambert has brought in players to cover exact positions, Grayson only brought in when forced. One method allows you to target players over a longer period, identify if they suffer from ''stage fright'' and to also integrate them into the squad. The other is dependant on who is available at that moment of need.

So who really knows what combination of too many games in Feb, Bates off field activities, wrong players brought in, lack of common purpose or just a healthy dollop of divine retribution has brought about their demise.

What most of us do know is, that it is very likely we shan''t have to play host to the 70''s throw backs until at least Aug 2011.

Hooray !

Grayson helped Leeds over achieve early in the season and definitely in their cup run. The fans will be laying into him but it''s not his fault. They needed serious strenghthening in January but brought in next to nothing compared to us. Dickov!!! Clearly the money has not been made available ( they should''ve cashed in on the massively overrated Beckford). They are just running on empty and should they miss out in the PO''s as expected you just can''t see them doing anything next year without some major finance coming in.

What Leeds fans need to do, but cannot do is to forget the fact they were so far ahead and have been in decline.

They need to think their mini season starts at Yeovil tomorrow. They are still well in the mix for automatic promotion.

For me, Leeds'' early success was based upon good defence and they need to play to this strength first. I know scoring has been difficult to come by but the crossing is woeful and the one ball for Beckford is countered by every other side. They need the 1-0''s.

Unfortunately, acrimony is a county sport in Yorkshire and despite all the aggressive front, front is all it is, underneath they are a very insecure set of fans.