Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Any info on charlton tickets

Money has gone from my account, delighted! [:D]After handing in my application early for Colchester and missing out, I tried handing it in right at the last minute on Monday for this one. Looks like it worked!

Doesn''t look like I''ll be going either. Third time in a row (Ipswich & Colchester before) mine and my mates'' applications has been unsuccessful, starting to think it''s not actually worth applying.

After witnessing that shower at the Valley last year, I was keen as mustard to go back.

Thank God Orient tickets were on general sale because I''d have had no chance in a ballot.

Pissed off.

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Doesn''t look like I''ll be going either. Third time in a row (Ipswich & Colchester before) mine and my mates'' applications has been unsuccessful, starting to think it''s not actually worth applying.

After witnessing that shower at the Valley last year, I was keen as mustard to go back.

Thank God Orient tickets were on general sale because I''d have had no chance in a ballot.

Pissed off.

[/quote]

Same. Feel a bit cheated having seen us relegated twice...was hoping I''d finally be able to witness success first-hand.

Will be seriously annoyed if I don''t get Bristol Rovers tickets!

[quote user="CanaryJames"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote] Same. Feel a bit cheated having seen us relegated twice...was hoping I''d finally be able to witness success first-hand. Will be seriously annoyed if I don''t get Bristol Rovers tickets![/quote]

Good luck with that, allocation of 1,800 which will leave hardly any once they are taken by Group 1 & 2 (which is how it should be).

It''s time the club had a look at the way tickets are allocated, I think (as I would having missed out again) that a band with five stubs should be re-introduced. Speed the process up as well, three weeks to apply then a week to allocate is a joke.

Yeah...can definitely see me missing out on them as well!

Annoying thing is I have 9 stubs I think and would have gone to Tranmere if the game had been at any other time than Easter!

To be honest I think we should just have a ''1st come 1st served'' style, get rid of super-membership, and whoever really wants a ticket would do everything they could to make sure they get one.

Seems like I''m destined to forever observe failure and never success!

[quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="CanaryJames"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote] Same. Feel a bit cheated having seen us relegated twice...was hoping I''d finally be able to witness success first-hand. Will be seriously annoyed if I don''t get Bristol Rovers tickets![/quote]

Good luck with that, allocation of 1,800 which will leave hardly any once they are taken by Group 1 & 2 (which is how it should be).

It''s time the club had a look at the way tickets are allocated, I think (as I would having missed out again) that a band with five stubs should be re-introduced. Speed the process up as well, three weeks to apply then a week to allocate is a joke.

[/quote]See ive been saying this for a while now. I got tickets for Charlton as am in group 2 now but have missed out in the past on tickets being in group 3. I go to about 7-8 away games a season normally which is obviously just below 10. Yet I have the same chance of getting tickets as somebody who may have been to no away games. As you say a group for STH with 5 stubs would be alot fairer in my opinion

O yeh and if anyone has missed out on charlton tickets and ant get tickets in the home end PM me as I have friend who supports Charlton and goes quite reguarly so may be able to sort you out a ticket through him

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote]If you went to the Valley, then it''s twice in a row? [^o)]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]O yeh and if anyone has missed out on charlton tickets and ant get tickets in the home end PM me as I have friend who supports Charlton and goes quite reguarly so may be able to sort you out a ticket through him[/quote]Pmd ya[Y]

Colchester+Ipswich+Charlton = 3 times?

Still annoyed! I''d have happily paid £100 for a pair of tickets if I had to as well! :(

Was DESPERATE to see this match.

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="ncfc4life"]O yeh and if anyone has missed out on charlton tickets and ant get tickets in the home end PM me as I have friend who supports Charlton and goes quite reguarly so may be able to sort you out a ticket through him[/quote]Pmd ya[Y][/quote]

Went in home end last year, quite friendly, but left before half time!!

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote]

If you went to the Valley, then it''s twice in a row? [^o)]
[/quote]

Charlton tickets were on general sale last year.

[quote user="Brendo "]I got a beautiful Charlton ticket through my door today. [:)] [/quote]Me too.Strangely, right near where I was sat for that ill-fated game last year.

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]People that went last year should have been first on the list this year IMO.

[/quote]Why should they mate?  I can accept that I was not lucky enough to get tickets in the ballot and do not blame anybody in the NCFC ticketing office for this.I do however blame CAFC for being a complete bunch of idiots and only giving us a 3,000 allocation when they are likely to have 7,000 empty seats for this game.Can they really afford to be turning away that kind of money???

[quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="CanaryJames"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote]I do agree with this - unless you are lucky enough to find a Charlton fan who will get tickets for you in the home end it has left it nigh on impossible for you to get a ticket for this game.As for their plans for a beam-back... what a load of rubbish - it hardly compares to being there when your team has just been promoted/won a league title does it???

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just rang the ticket office and was told the following.

Most of the unsuccessfull letters went out yesterday 1st class post as did some of the tickets, but there are more letters to go out today along with tickets for the successfull people. The draw is not complete yet but will be finished this morning.

I didn''t get either a no letter or tickets in the post today so as usual aren''t holding my breathe.

An interesting thing was I was told that the applications are batched up when they are rec''d and the unsuccessfull ones drawn out in batches which got me thinking that maybe they are batched up in groups for number of applicants, everyone who has 4 applicants on the form in a batch everyone who has 2 applicants in a batch, all single applicants in a batch, then a batch ( say there are 50 in a batch) are drawn out as unsuccessfull until they have drawn out the number of batches/applicants they haven''t got tickets for?

So presumeably single applications have more chance of having their batch drawn and being fitted in odd seats.

Does that makes sense ??

Also don''t you think the unsuccessful people should have first choice of beam back tickets but no they have to queue up on the phone with everyone else at 9am Sat??

[/quote]If you were really told this City Angel then serious questions need to be asked.  How the hell can they be telling people that they have been unsuccessful when they have not even completed the draw?It suggests that dark forces are certainly at work in the ticket office if this is true.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No they weren''t.

Everybody that applied was succesful, and about 300 were due to go on sale on the Weds morning following the ballot, then all of a sudden the ticket office announced that actually they''d sold out....

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="ncfc4life"]O yeh and if anyone has missed out on charlton tickets and ant get tickets in the home end PM me as I have friend who supports Charlton and goes quite reguarly so may be able to sort you out a ticket through him[/quote]Pmd ya[Y][/quote]Oi CT... I''m in there first! [:P]Beware, beware... it could be the CAFC spys... lol [H]

Just got my letter saying I missed out. Gutted. Agree with all those who say this ballot had been left too late. NCFC know the allocation at the Valley, it''s the same every year, should have been sorted a month ago. I even have a travelodge booked near London for next next Friday night. What a waste of money that was. I have never missed out on Charlton tickets in the past. Agree with those who say there should be a priority group for STH with 5 away stubs. Also those of us who missed out on Col U tickets should have been given more of a chance this time.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Pissed off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No they weren''t.

Everybody that applied was succesful, and about 300 were due to go on sale on the Weds morning following the ballot, then all of a sudden the ticket office announced that actually they''d sold out....

[/quote]

Yep, another total shambles that was never explained, loads were not not to bother applying as they''d be going on general sale then were told otherwise. There was either a huge cock-up or the number of applicants and the number of tickets matched exactly. Which do you think?

CT - Specifically, you may be right but I think even you can see that I meant every game where a Group 3 ballot has taken place.

[quote user="Smudger"]

If you were really told this City Angel then serious questions need to be asked.  How the hell can they be telling people that they have been unsuccessful when they have not even completed the draw?

[/quote]

Because as I said they draw batches of applications out which are unsuccessfull and write to them in batches as they are drawn out. Say there''s 20 in a batch and they have to draw out 1500 unsuccessfull tickets so 75 batches/bundles are taken out of their piles and guess they then process the letters half yesterday and half today.

I would like to know exactly why it takes this long, why the closing date was so late and is there not a fairewr way of doing it.

I would also like 5 stubs to be taken into consideration so that people who have been to 5 away games a season plus perhaps sat in the home end like me a couple of times get priority over people who havent been to any games.

I''m also annoyed that people who are unsuccessful don''t automatically get offered a beam back seat.

I shall be raising my concerns through the ncisa committee  and ask them to raise them on my behalf.

Ciyangel

Your posting reads okay and makes sense, but I''m wondering about your reference to "The draw is not complete yet but will be finished this morning." Can this really be correct?

I can understand why they''d batch applications up when they arrive into singles, twos, threes etc, but it doesn''t make sense that they could be rejecting certain applications from certain batches before the deadline has arrived (which is how I believe your post reads) before they actually know how many people in total have applied?

This is the second time in a row that we''ve been rejected (following Col Who) having completed a group of three application and I''m a bit pissed about it.

Seems to me, bearing in mind that we now have almost 20,000 season ticket holders, that maybe it''s about time that the Group 3 position was reviewed and changed?

Reading though this thread, I see that John T has mentioned elsewhere that this is to be discussed with someone from the ticcket office, so a further explaination would be welcomed.

However, I would have thought that the underlining principle should be that you should all stand an equal chance of being sucessful, whether you apply as a single, or as a group of two, three, four or whatever. Is that really the case now?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]If you were really told this City Angel then serious questions need to be asked.  How the hell can they be telling people that they have been unsuccessful when they have not even completed the draw?

[/quote]

Because as I said they draw batches of applications out which are unsuccessfull and write to them in batches as they are drawn out. Say there''s 20 in a batch and they have to draw out 1500 unsuccessfull tickets so 75 batches/bundles are taken out of their piles and guess they then process the letters half yesterday and half today.

I would like to know exactly why it takes this long, why the closing date was so late and is there not a fairewr way of doing it.

I would also like 5 stubs to be taken into consideration so that people who have been to 5 away games a season plus perhaps sat in the home end like me a couple of times get priority over people who havent been to any games.

I''m also annoyed that people who are unsuccessful don''t automatically get offered a beam back seat.

I shall be raising my concerns through the ncisa committee  and ask them to raise them on my behalf.

[/quote]I agree with you that the home end tickets should be taken in to account and do not currently know whether the club would accept this or not CA.If they do not accept that you have sat in the home end at an away match to follow NCFC then it just makes it even harder still for those without 10 stubs to clock up enough games in a year to meet the 10 for the following year.As for the beam back I have no wish to attend it, as in no way does it compare to being at a game where we are going to win promotion or a league title in the flesh.  I think the club should have been putting more pressure on CAFC and even taking it up with the Football League for us with regards to the ridiculous allocation we were given in the first place considering that the Valley is likely to have 7,000 empty seats in it come April 17th.

Postie''s been. No letter to say that I''ve been unsuccessful.....No money out of bank account.....and no Charlton ticket.....

Good....or Bad News? ....Gotta make plans, why do they make things so bleedin'' confusing?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Postie''s been. No letter to say that I''ve been unsuccessful.....No money out of bank account.....and no Charlton ticket.....

Good....or Bad News? ....Gotta make plans, why do they make things so bleedin'' confusing?

[/quote]You''re in the same boat as me then.  I''m going to have to get beam back tickets in the morning, then see if the postie brings good news or not at lunchtime. Then if he does will have to return the beam back tickets, so much for the sending out a letter first class yesterday to all unsuccessful applicants.  No doubt it will get blamed on royal mail too.........