Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Any info on charlton tickets

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="barclayendstand"]So has anyone from group 3 had the money for tickets debited from their bank account yet? I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they haven''t even bothered replying.[/quote]

Nothing out of mine yet (am with Natwest), but I checked my online statement for the Col U payment and that didn''t come up on my online statement until the day after the club processed the payment.
[/quote]

Prob won''t show on your statement, but your available amount might be reduced.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="barclayendstand"]So has anyone from group 3 had the money for tickets debited from their bank account yet? I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they haven''t even bothered replying.[/quote]

Nothing out of mine yet (am with Natwest), but I checked my online statement for the Col U payment and that didn''t come up on my online statement until the day after the club processed the payment.
[/quote]

Prob won''t show on your statement, but your available amount might be reduced.

[/quote]

Oh bloody hell only 10000000000000000000000 left in

Ive applied for Charlton away and I am in group 3. Still havnt heard anything yet, do any know whats the latest with it all? All I know is that they are doing a ballot but surely it would of been done by now? Anyone? [:)]

Most people are still waiting. Check your bank account to see if anything''s gone, but otherwise just got to be patient. Bloody annoying not being able to plan my weekend.

Why do they leave it so late. The ticket office should have had this all sorted out weeks ago so supporters could make travel arrangements. I have applied for 2 adults and 2 kids (group 3) and we are going away to Clacton for the week (don''t laugh) on Monday and will be going to Orient on Tuesday but still don''t know if we are going to Charlton next Saturday. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I''ve checked my bank account and nothing ha been taken yet. Hope that''s not bad news, as I also missed out on Col Who

My bank have just confirmed that £25 has come out of my account today.

If you are going by train, it is worth checking with your bank as there are still some cheap seats available (I got mine for £24 return)

Rest of the draw was being done today so everyone should know tomorrow or maybe we''re all being told something different.

Selling tickets the normal way doesnt work at Norwich .When the Orient ticket went on sale i kept phoning to hear i was 54thin the queue then got cut off when i got to about 10th .In the end decided to drive to Carrow rd and bought 4 tickets, but the bloke in front of me bought a dozen so how can this be a fair system for those who can"t get through on the phones or get to Carrow rd in person

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Til - holding back a few tickets is standard practise apparently, they do it so that they can provide tickets in the away end to any away fans that book corporate hospitality. I was surprised by thus too, as I gave him a call to line up tickets in the charlton end in case I missed out in the ballot. I don''t have any moral objection to getting tickets this was, better that me and a friend get tickets and make some noise than a prawn sandwicher that would have got them otherwise, plus I would be group 3 anyway.[/quote]

Not wishing to labour your point but if you have corporate hospitality surely a seat comes with the package,why would you then want seats in the away end? So anyone who does not get a seat in the ballot because of your friend of a friends favour is a member of the prawn sandwich brigade? Interesting thought process.

[/quote]

I think you''re getting confused by something simple.

1. I don''t have corporate hospitality, not exactly sure what your point is

2. These seats would under no circumstance be part of the ballot, my reference to "prawn sandwicher" is a reference to the fact that if I dodn''t have the seat, it would go to somebody who got the seat as part of a hospitality package.

3. As I am group 3 too, anyone who misses out in the ballot has no greater claim to the tickets than I do, and as noted above, these would never be available via the ballot anyway.

[/quote]

Seats as part of a hospitality package are usually in a box or lounge and not run of the mill seats in a visitors section.That is where i am confused as to what you are saying.You said your seats are reserved for corporate hospitality for away fans.I take it then as such seats are a premium price apart from a friend of a friend doing you a favour you got mates rates as well then.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]Selling tickets the normal way doesnt work at Norwich .When the Orient ticket went on sale i kept phoning to hear i was 54thin the queue then got cut off when i got to about 10th .In the end decided to drive to Carrow rd and bought 4 tickets, but the bloke in front of me bought a dozen so how can this be a fair system for those who can"t get through on the phones or get to Carrow rd in person[/quote]

Well if he had 12 S/T or member numbers whats wronge with that

But the Orient tickets were on sale for 4/5 days. Long enough for anyone who wanted one to get one, phones were fine after the initial rush.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]But the Orient tickets were on sale for 4/5 days. Long enough for anyone who wanted one to get one, phones were fine after the initial rush.
[/quote]

I phoned on the second day (Tuesday) at about noon time and got through quickly.

In addition I picked the Orient game instead of Charlton because I could get my hands on an Orient ticket whereas I would be gambling (nothing like rewarding the loyal fans who went to away games at the start of the season when were taking 1,000 away rather than 3,000 now) in yet another draw.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]But the Orient tickets were on sale for 4/5 days. Long enough for anyone who wanted one to get one, phones were fine after the initial rush.[/quote]

I phoned on the second day (Tuesday) at about noon time and got through quickly.

In addition I picked the Orient game instead of Charlton because I could get my hands on an Orient ticket whereas I would be gambling (nothing like rewarding the loyal fans who went to away games at the start of the season when were taking 1,000 away rather than 3,000 now) in yet another draw.

[/quote]what you mean two games

1,500 unsuccessful.

Any idea of the numbers of people who applied in groups 4 & 5...as they were obviously automatically unsuccessful?

That number sounds very high though, so I''ve almost resigned myself to being ticketless. Pretty galling that after being at The Valley last season and watching the ''non-glamour'' ties of this season, probably won''t get a ticket because of people jumping on the bandwagon of a now successful team...

Oh well...loyal support eh? ;)

Well postie just been - no letter, checked bank - no money gone out.  Guess I''m going to have to try and get beam back tickets at 9 tomorrow morning as the post won''t arrive till 11.  What a shambles, why is it never straightforward? 

Just rang the ticket office and was told the following.

Most of the unsuccessfull letters went out yesterday 1st class post as did some of the tickets, but there are more letters to go out today along with tickets for the successfull people. The draw is not complete yet but will be finished this morning.

I didn''t get either a no letter or tickets in the post today so as usual aren''t holding my breathe.

An interesting thing was I was told that the applications are batched up when they are rec''d and the unsuccessfull ones drawn out in batches which got me thinking that maybe they are batched up in groups for number of applicants, everyone who has 4 applicants on the form in a batch everyone who has 2 applicants in a batch, all single applicants in a batch, then a batch ( say there are 50 in a batch) are drawn out as unsuccessfull until they have drawn out the number of batches/applicants they haven''t got tickets for?

So presumeably single applications have more chance of having their batch drawn and being fitted in odd seats.

Does that makes sense ??

Also don''t you think the unsuccessful people should have first choice of beam back tickets but no they have to queue up on the phone with everyone else at 9am Sat??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just rang the ticket office and was told the following.

Most of the unsuccessfull letters went out yesterday 1st class post as did some of the tickets, but there are more letters to go out today along with tickets for the successfull people. The draw is not complete yet but will be finished this morning.

I didn''t get either a no letter or tickets in the post today so as usual aren''t holding my breathe.

An interesting thing was I was told that the applications are batched up when they are rec''d and the unsuccessfull ones drawn out in batches which got me thinking that maybe they are batched up in groups for number of applicants, everyone who has 4 applicants on the form in a batch everyone who has 2 applicants in a batch, all single applicants in a batch, then a batch ( say there are 50 in a batch) are drawn out as unsuccessfull until they have drawn out the number of batches/applicants they haven''t got tickets for?

So presumeably single applications have more chance of having their batch drawn and being fitted in odd seats.

Does that makes sense ??

Also don''t you think the unsuccessful people should have first choice of beam back tickets but no they have to queue up on the phone with everyone else at 9am Sat??

[/quote]I too am waiting and the timing of it all is annoying me to be honest!I think it implies in the story in the EDP that people who were unsuccessful in the ballot will be given first refusal on the beam back tickets, well thats the way I read it anyway.

Me neither. Absolutely gutted as was at Charlton last year and wanted to return in better times. Feel like I''m missing out big-time now :(

It is quite pathetic just how long it takes for the club to sort ballots. For a start the window for applications seems to be open for too long, the ballot itself seems to take forever and when you''re eventually notified (by post!) it''s sometimes less than a week before the game (or close to it!)