Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Any info on charlton tickets

It must be a very recent thing, I managed to get a couple of tickets in the Charlton home end a couple of weeks ago when I realised that NCFC were doing a ballot. Being down in category 3 I knew I had very little chance so got home tickets. I guess they are realising that alot of us lot are getting home tickets maybe?

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]my thoughts exactly-i said to them do you honestly draw them out of a hat or something-"oh yes sir,thats the only fair way to do it" had to laugh[/quote]That must be one kick-ass big hat........I heard that luckily they found one in the away dressing room after a recent match.It had '' J. Beckford '' written inside........

You have to remember they have to go thru them all to pick all their friends out first, that would take a day, they are useless.

Thanks Snakepiter but I''ll be coming down from Sheffield. Sure you''d have no trouble getting rid of them to someone else on here though.

I was unlucky in the draw for a charlton away ticket also,  was wondering if anyone else was thinking about getting a ticket in the home end ?  I have never done it,  not sure if it is a good idea really,   but really want to go to the game.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]just rang ticket office-they only started the draw 30 mins ago ffs what are they playing at-get a bloody move on.WE NEED TO KNOW[/quote]

Someone somewhere is telling Porkies, I phoned up at 5pm, they said they only started to process them at 4-30, why can''t the ticket office keep to the script  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]just rang ticket office-they only started the draw 30 mins ago ffs what are they playing at-get a bloody move on.WE NEED TO KNOW[/quote]

Someone somewhere is telling Porkies, I phoned up at 5pm, they said they only started to process them at 4-30, why can''t the ticket office keep to the script  

[/quote]They may mean they did the draw earlier and only started putting the payments through at 4.30.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

The reason for the system is quite obvious isn''t it?

Whilst I''m sure CAFC would love the ground to be packed, they still have obligations to try to prevent away fans getting in the home end.

[/quote]
Granted. But what if you are a Charlton fan who lives away and goes back to visit, and things like that?

And if you need a 3 game history, how do you get to a game in the first place? [:|]
[/quote]

I think they only implement the 3 game history where the away end is a sell out, and if you''re a charlton fan that lives away and goes back to visit, why don''t you have purchasing history?

[/quote]

Spose so. What about if you''ve only been able to make 2 games, but you are a die hard fan? [;)]

[/quote]

Then you don''t deserve a ticket!

I''m lucky, I have a friend of a friend who works for Charlton so was able to get 4 tickets via him last season (in the home end) and this season (in the away end), (I can''t get any extra one''s before anyone asks), but for him I would prob have missed out in the ballot this year and not been able to get in the home end last year.

[/quote]

So what you are saying is that you have Norwich tickets which were obtained from a CAFC employee which asks the question why did CAFC retain tickets at their ticket office which surely should have been sent to NCFC.

When I phoned about Col Who tickets I kept getting told that the ballot was not finished, think that was their polite way of telling me I had not got them, which I didn''t. Hope they are telling the truth this time for your sakes.

I''m beginning to think its a waste of time applying for tickets if you''re a season ticket holder in Group 3, seems its more about who you know, who''re you''re related to and how many friends you have who work at the club!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m beginning to think its a waste of time applying for tickets if you''re a season ticket holder in Group 3, seems its more about who you know, who''re you''re related to and how many friends you have who work at the club!

[/quote]

Richard Gough will be attending the next NCISA Committee meeting on 21st to explain and answer questions about all things NCFC Box office.

Til - holding back a few tickets is standard practise apparently, they do it so that they can provide tickets in the away end to any away fans that book corporate hospitality. I was surprised by thus too, as I gave him a call to line up tickets in the charlton end in case I missed out in the ballot.

I don''t have any moral objection to getting tickets this was, better that me and a friend get tickets and make some noise than a prawn sandwicher that would have got them otherwise, plus I would be group 3 anyway.

[quote user="adycanary"]When I phoned about Col Who tickets I kept getting told that the ballot was not finished, think that was their polite way of telling me I had not got them, which I didn''t. Hope they are telling the truth this time for your sakes.[/quote]

Think its time they scrap application forms and sell tickets in normal way, yes have priority groups but first come first served in those groups, and the fans would know from the start, instead of nail biting and looking for the postie   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="adycanary"]When I phoned about Col Who tickets I kept getting told that the ballot was not finished, think that was their polite way of telling me I had not got them, which I didn''t. Hope they are telling the truth this time for your sakes.[/quote]

Think its time they scrap application forms and sell tickets in normal way, yes have priority groups but first come first served in those groups, and the fans would know from the start, instead of nail biting and looking for the postie   

[/quote]

Why all this written application/ballot/tombola thing anyway...surely the online ticketing program could just have a bolt on? its all a bit village/1995 to me.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Til - holding back a few tickets is standard practise apparently, they do it so that they can provide tickets in the away end to any away fans that book corporate hospitality. I was surprised by thus too, as I gave him a call to line up tickets in the charlton end in case I missed out in the ballot. I don''t have any moral objection to getting tickets this was, better that me and a friend get tickets and make some noise than a prawn sandwicher that would have got them otherwise, plus I would be group 3 anyway.[/quote]

Not wishing to labour your point but if you have corporate hospitality surely a seat comes with the package,why would you then want seats in the away end? So anyone who does not get a seat in the ballot because of your friend of a friends favour is a member of the prawn sandwich brigade? Interesting thought process.

Apparently those who have been successful will have had the money debted out of their account.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Til - holding back a few tickets is standard practise apparently, they do it so that they can provide tickets in the away end to any away fans that book corporate hospitality. I was surprised by thus too, as I gave him a call to line up tickets in the charlton end in case I missed out in the ballot. I don''t have any moral objection to getting tickets this was, better that me and a friend get tickets and make some noise than a prawn sandwicher that would have got them otherwise, plus I would be group 3 anyway.[/quote]

Not wishing to labour your point but if you have corporate hospitality surely a seat comes with the package,why would you then want seats in the away end? So anyone who does not get a seat in the ballot because of your friend of a friends favour is a member of the prawn sandwich brigade? Interesting thought process.

[/quote]

I think you''re getting confused by something simple.

1. I don''t have corporate hospitality, not exactly sure what your point is

2. These seats would under no circumstance be part of the ballot, my reference to "prawn sandwicher" is a reference to the fact that if I dodn''t have the seat, it would go to somebody who got the seat as part of a hospitality package.

3. As I am group 3 too, anyone who misses out in the ballot has no greater claim to the tickets than I do, and as noted above, these would never be available via the ballot anyway.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Apparently those who have been successful will have had the money debted out of their account.[/quote]I wont find out til about half 6 tonight in that case :(

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="ncfc90"]i have 1 adult ticket in the away end for sale
[/quote]

Can I have first refusal if I''m not successful mate?

[/quote]

Don''t give it to him!

I''ve PM''d you - and will pay more if I have to.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="ncfc90"]i have 1 adult ticket in the away end for sale[/quote]Can I have first refusal if I''m not successful mate?

[/quote]

Don''t give it to him!

[/quote]Fine LOL. I''m not paying over the odds for a ticket. Although frankly a 5er for a ticket seems a bit cheap to me tbh :/

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="ncfc90"]i have 1 adult ticket in the away end for sale
[/quote]

Can I have first refusal if I''m not successful mate?

[/quote]

Don''t give it to him!

[/quote]

Fine LOL. I''m not paying over the odds for a ticket. Although frankly a 5er for a ticket seems a bit cheap to me tbh :/
[/quote]

To be honest, I''d resigned myself to not getting a ticket before I even handed the application in - and this business about having to be a member to buy a home ticket is just another spanner in the works.

Stupid Charlton.

So has anyone from group 3 had the money for tickets debited from their bank account yet?

I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they haven''t even bothered replying.

Yes. Checked my account at 9.30 and nothing doing, checked back at 11.30 and the money has been taken off my available balance so I presume the tickets are in the post.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]So has anyone from group 3 had the money for tickets debited from their bank account yet? I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they haven''t even bothered replying.[/quote]

Not yet, I''m with the N&P they don''t update till after 6-30 sometimes it after midnight,

[quote user="barclayendstand"]So has anyone from group 3 had the money for tickets debited from their bank account yet?

I emailed the ticket office yesterday and they haven''t even bothered replying.[/quote]Nothing out of mine yet (am with Natwest), but I checked my online statement for the Col U payment and that didn''t come up on my online statement until the day after the club processed the payment.