related (through marriage) to Hoolahan and that we would be leaving

Blackpool for us, this dragged on for quite a while and he took a lot of

stick as he was a s(ummer but he was proved right, we didn''t hear

anything else off him until the stories about Wes being unhappy at

Norwich and about to leave us were doing the rounds and he came on

saying that Hoolahan loved it at Norwich and had no intention of moving

on, again he was proved right and we have heard nothing from him since

then until today when he posted: Wes will be out for about three

weeks due to a calf injury picked up on Friday.

Strange thing is, if this did turn out to be true it wouldn''t massively bother me.We have good strength in depth and Wes has been kinda marked out of things in recent games.

I was going to post something similar but thought I would wait until after Lamberts press conference tomorrow as there is talk going around that he is out for the rest of the season, but my sources were not as good as my usual ones so although I just have, not really prepared to comment yet. Personally I see what Morty is saying, however didnt he get injured just as we were picking up last year and then we won 1 more game.

Yes I saw that too Harry , the guy who has posted it is related to Wes, think he''s his sister''s boyfriend if I remember right and has posted on various forums before giving us correct information about Wes.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I was going to post something similar but thought I would wait until after Lamberts press conference tomorrow as there is talk going around that he is out for the rest of the season, but my sources were not as good as my usual ones so although I just have, not really prepared to comment yet. Personally I see what Morty is saying, however didnt he get injured just as we were picking up last year and then we won 1 more game.[/quote]Lol, are you seriously comparing the quality of our squad compared to last year?

P.S. Like Morty I''m not too worried either, we will miss him but we have plenty of depth in our squad to win games without him.

Hughes, Mcnamama or Oli could perform the Hoola role. Maybe not to same standard, but we have a squad and a good one at that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambert is King"]I was going to post something similar but thought I would wait until after Lamberts press conference tomorrow as there is talk going around that he is out for the rest of the season, but my sources were not as good as my usual ones so although I just have, not really prepared to comment yet. Personally I see what Morty is saying, however didnt he get injured just as we were picking up last year and then we won 1 more game.[/quote]

Lol, are you seriously comparing the quality of our squad compared to last year?
[/quote]

No Morty not to that extent as I said I take your point it was just that it was a bit coincedental that it happened last year at about this time and we all said that does not make any difference, but for whatever reason it seemed to.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambert is King"]I was going to post something similar but thought I would wait until after Lamberts press conference tomorrow as there is talk going around that he is out for the rest of the season, but my sources were not as good as my usual ones so although I just have, not really prepared to comment yet. Personally I see what Morty is saying, however didnt he get injured just as we were picking up last year and then we won 1 more game.[/quote]Lol, are you seriously comparing the quality of our squad compared to last year?[/quote]

No Morty not to that extent as I said I take your point it was just that it was a bit coincedental that it happened last year at about this time and we all said that does not make any difference, but for whatever reason it seemed to.

[/quote]I shall take your word for it, I have wiped the back end of last season from my memory.[:)]

[quote user="Askounin"]Here is a LINK
Look at the avatar, should tell you all you need to know.
[/quote]

I''m going to disagree with you here as m bullard ( poster) is I believe married to wes''s sister, yes he supports Ipswich but as I said he has given us information about Wes on a few previous occasions before it was revealed officially and he was right then.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Askounin"]Here is a LINKLook at the avatar, should tell you all you need to know.[/quote]

I''m going to disagree with you here as m bullard ( poster) is I believe married to wes''s sister, yes he supports Ipswich but as I said he has given us information about Wes on a few previous occasions before it was revealed officially and he was right then.

[/quote]Ohh, probably right then

It dosn''t really matter if Wes is out, I would say his last game where he really performed to his best was agaisn''t Millwall on boxing day.

I''m glad that McNamee will probably get a chance to shine now.

I was at the game on Friday & it did appear that Hoolahan has picked up an injury he was not moving around freely & was hobbling towards the end of the game & probably soldiered on because we had used all 3 subs & he did not want to leave the team with only 9 players on the pitch. My guess is he will not play tomorrow.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Stockport are probably glad as well Boyo, although I would suspect we could give half our squad a rest tomorrow and still win.[/quote]Thats what most thought before the Tranmere game, didn''t get us very far.I think we will probably revert back to the 4-4-2 flat tomorrow. Mcnamee in on the right for Hoolahan, Smith back in for Hughes if fit. Lapps on the left, he links well with Drury I think.

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="Lambert is King"]Stockport are probably glad as well Boyo, although I would suspect we could give half our squad a rest tomorrow and still win.[/quote]
Thats what most thought before the Tranmere game, didn''t get us very far.

I think we will probably revert back to the 4-4-2 flat tomorrow. Mcnamee in on the right for Hoolahan, Smith back in for Hughes if fit. Lapps on the left, he links well with Drury I think.
[/quote]

I agree Largey the point I was trying to make was that I am sure Stockport will be glad Hoolahan is not playing as well, but there will be harder games against teams coming up who will be able to defend better than Stockport and not have Hoolahan to change a game with one pass. No one will get a rest until we have won title, then no one will want a rest. Whatever opinion we have Hoolahan is considered amongst other teams as a class player, so it must give them a boost to know he is not playing.

I think Lambert could make some changes tomorrow because those who played on Friday put in a shift & will be jaded he has a chance to rotate the squad there is enough depth in our squad to do that.

A 4-4-2 it will be then if he is indeed injured.Personally, although not quite full strength, i wouldn''t be too disheartened to see a line-up akin'' to this against Stockport....

------------------ Rudd ------------------Martin --- Doherty -- Whitbread --- DrurySmith ---- Russell --- Hughes ---- McNamee---------- Martin ---- Holt ---------------Subs :Steer, Spillane, Nelson, Lappin, Elliott, Gill, Johnson.It''s a side with a lot of quality, and with the injury and performances of some of the players on Friday, i think suitably gives a chance to those deserving of one against a side where fairly minimal damage can be done if worse comes to worse.I actually thought the Doc was far worse than Nelson against Tranmere, but given some of the monumental performances he''s put in this year i couldn''t quite bring myself to take him out. Whitbread is a very classy act, and could be every bit as good as any player we have at the club, and given last Fridays result and how below par the defence were (even with the poor efforts of the officials) it gives a fair excuse to include him in the line-up, and in my eyes it''s the sooner we do it the better in his case.As for the 4 across the midfield i believe this to be ideal formation if we''re not playing a 4-3-3. Russell and Smith are the bite, and Hughes and McNamee have the quality as an outlet in the middle. I personally don''t see this little group failing.As for the strikers, i endorsed Lamberts decision to exclude Martin from the recent line-ups for Elliott, as i really felt his form was seriously starting to drop off, while his place in the team was justified on the basis of the form we had last seen 4 or 5 weeks ago, and his goalscoring form prior to his record of 1 in 5 appearances. However, i don''t think Elliott has by any means pulled up any trees in his most recent 2 games, albeit on both occasions the circumstances were difficult. But more so i feel Martin has shown why he''s such an assett to our side when he''s come on by having a big impact on the flow of the game against both Tranmere and Leeds, and on the basis of the effort he put in in these two performances i feel any message Lambert hoped to send to Chrissy by keeping him out of the side has been sealed and delivered, and he''s more than ready for this last little run in the season now.

I think it''s more likely to be:------------------ Rudd ------------------Martin --- Doherty --

Whitbread --- DruryMcNamee --- Smith --- Russell --- Lappin----------

Martin ---- Holt ---------------Subs :Steer, Spillane,

Nelson, Hughes, Elliott, Gill, Johnson.If Smith isn''t fit I would like to see Spillane replace him, Hughes and Gill don''t have enough steel about them.

[quote user="Harry"]I think it''s more likely to be:------------------ Rudd ------------------Martin --- Doherty --

Nelson, Hughes, Elliott, Gill, Johnson.If Smith isn''t fit I would like to see Spillane replace him, Hughes and Gill don''t have enough steel about them.
[/quote]

Yes agree this is the most likely line up if Lambert wants to ring the changes although I think Hughes might start instead of McNamee he would make us a bit more solid down the right at the start of the game McNamee could be brought on as plan B.

I don''t see Whitbread coming in for Nelson, what has Nelson done wrong since he has been in?Of course we are all unsure whether Smith will be fit, Hoolahan will most probably be out so unless they start with Martin playing in the hole behind the strikers (Holt and Elliott), I think a flat 4-4-2 with McNamee, Smith/Hughes, Rusty and Lappin in midfield. Same defence as last game.

[quote user="Harry"]I think it''s more likely to be:

------------------ Rudd ------------------

Martin --- Doherty -- Whitbread --- Drury

McNamee --- Smith --- Russell --- Lappin

---------- Martin ---- Holt ---------------

[/quote]

What makes you think he''ll drop Nelson ?

[quote user="Harry"]I think it''s more likely to be:------------------ Rudd ------------------Martin --- Doherty --

[/quote]I don''t think McNamee is best fit on the right, not least because he is a known left winger. But on the right he only has Martin, at the very best a lower standard Championship right back, behind him in support, and lord knows he needs as much support as he can have. Anthony isn''t prone to making things difficult for the opposition when off the ball, and i feel this weakness would be best minimized on the left hand side where Drury has taken up the mantle of helping a player with these kind of assetts and weaknesses before (you know who).As for Lappin, although i rate his work rate and solidity, i genuinely feel he lacks a lot of quality on the ball, and this can generally prove to be a bit of a blow in the flow of the teams play. With Smith and Russell doing a lot of the defensive work in the middle, we''re going to need a quality assett that will compliment our forward play, and from what i''ve seen from Hughes i feel he best suits this ahead of Lappin.

Heard from someone at the game that its a thigh strain with Wes but not too serious and he may only miss one more game.

Maybe Mr M Bullard  who started the thread could confirm that for us some time [:)]

Lambo seemed to suggest in his post-match interview that it wouldn''t be too long before he''s back. Whatever the length of his absence, we just have to get on without him. We can do it.