Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

players in for next season

I heard a rumour today that you are looking at our captain on tuesday Mkandawire (the centre half) and following tuesday, you had scouts at our game yesterday to watch our left back Charlie Daniels who was MOTM against you.

Players who have looked good against us this year & who could do a job:Snodgrass, Puncheon, Lallana.I''d like to see us sign a player like Jonathan Greening, but it won''t happen.

Jason Scotland might be available on the cheap, hardly set the Prem alight but a proven scorer at this level and another option if Holt is injured/out of form. Only problem there would be the wages.I have seen a bit of Chris Lines and although he has the odd good game I am not sure he is good enough to make the step up or that he is better than what we have (Russell, Smith or Hughes). We do need someone to put the boot in in Midfield, would love to see Clingan back but I don''t think we could afford him (potentially Spillane could do a job here if needed).We could really do with a quality player who can fill a couple of spaces if needed, a Centre mid who can drop back and play as a centre half if needed.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Neil"]Alright all you have-a-go football manager 2010 scouts, calm down[/quote]instead of just sniping at people like a child, how about putting in you suggestions??[/quote] Yeah here''s a suggestion let''s wait until we''re definitely 100% up before talking about next season. I''ll be happy to speculate then[/quote]Speculate away[Y]

No doubt we will do the same as many other clubs and look at the players of the teams relegated from the chamionship who don''t fancy League 1, players with teams relegated from the Premiership who might like a change and the players promoted from League 2 who want to step up an extra division.

There will be plenty of options there but please, please, please, not loanees!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]No doubt we will do the same as many other clubs and look at the players of the teams relegated from the chamionship who don''t fancy League 1, players with teams relegated from the Premiership who might like a change and the players promoted from League 2 who want to step up an extra division.

There will be plenty of options there but please, please, please, not loanees![/quote]1 or 2 hungry loanees on top of a settled side can make a positive impact. Just look at Forster this season and Hucks/Crouch in 2003/4.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]No doubt we will do the same as many other clubs and look at the players of the teams relegated from the chamionship who don''t fancy League 1, players with teams relegated from the Premiership who might like a change and the players promoted from League 2 who want to step up an extra division.

There will be plenty of options there but please, please, please, not loanees![/quote]1 or 2 hungry loanees on top of a settled side can make a positive impact. Just look at Forster this season and Hucks/Crouch in 2003/4.[/quote]Absolutely. Never say never.

Charlie Austin - Touted as the next Kevin Phillips (due to his rise from non-league), still only 20 and has had a very impressive season at Swindon. Only recently signed a new contract so may wish to see that out, and Swindon would undoubtably put a heavy price-tag on their best asset.

Tamika Mkandawire - One of the best CB''s outside the top two divisions, has much experience plying his trade in League One/Two, and may be looking to make a step up before it is too late in his career. Cannot imagine he would cost the moon either.

Adam Lallana - The man has talent in abudence, he is only 21 and is definitely a cut above League One. If Southampton do not make it out of there this season, he may look to move. However, he has one more year left on his contract, and he may wish to see that out and earn a new contract with the Saints in the Championship.

Robert Snodgrass - Has stepped up another gear this season and one of the outstanding players in the Leeds side. He is 22 and has a fantastic left foot, would add spice to the left side of our midfield. Also a top set-piece taker. May be priced out of our budget.

Lee Hughes - Has scored goals wherever he has been, aging a bit now and has that bad history, but would still pose a threat in the Championship undoubtably.

Kevin Phillips - Mentioned him above, would score in the Championship, still got his scoring boots on and would make a fantastic loan. Wage bill may be too high to ask for and not sure how reluctant Birmingham would be to let him go. If he has the hunger to play each week he may be worth a look at.

Fraser Forster - I would happily see Fraser back here next season. It would only be a loan deal as I think his transfer price has probably tripled since joining us.

Just a few names thrown into the hat, most have been mentioned already :)

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Chris Lines and Jimmy Abdou would be fantastic acquisitions for our midfield.[/quote]dont know much about him.[/quote]

Plays for Bristol Rovers and has stood out every time I''ve seen him play. He''s an attacking and creative midfielder, a bit like Lalana at Southampton. Also very good at dead-ball kicks. 

[/quote]

Chris Lines is also weak, never dominates midfield and goes off the boil once he has a new contract. On the Bristol forums their fans don''t even rate him much.

Forster (loan)- He know''s the team, pehaps loan Rudd out then he could be ready in two seasons time, I''m sure Newcastle will be more than happy to lon him out and let him impres some more as long as there is a call-back detail in the contract.

Andy Griffin- RB crrently at loan on Reading, he has been superb, a really consistent player who still looks like he has a few years left in him, a calm experienced head in defence like his is what we need. Plus Stoke don''t really want him and he''s a bit old= CHEAP!!!!

Mark Beavers- CB Brilliant young centre half at Sheffield Wednesday, if they get relegated hes definately worth a shot.

Lee Frecklington- CM I''ve only seen Peterborough play once this season and I can sa now thy''re whe team looks useless! However Frcklington did impress me, he as young, quick, supplied good passes and tracked back well, he also wasn''t scared to tackle or put pressure on payes. He''s a bit of a wild card thouh because I don''t suppose Peterboough ould want to get rid of him

Albert Adamoah- RW/LW Quick, skillfull, absolutely brilliant, plus his contract is out in a few weeks time and he doesn''t want another [:D]

Adam LeFondre- STR Scores goals everywhere he goes, he creates them too, added injection of pace upfront we perhaps lack a litle wit Martin, and with Rotherham''s promotion chances looking increasingly small with they''re terribl form he could be a real snatch!

or

Gary Hooper- STR Similar player, proven goal scorer in the Championship, only problem is that we wouldn''t be the only team after him.

Ade Akinbiyi- Need I explain? Notts County definately don''t want him!

Fraser Forster - whatever he costs find the money

Billy Jones - Preston
Liam Chilvers - Preston
Stephen Wright - Coventry
Lee Peltier - Huddersfield

George Boyd - Posh
Ryan Harley - Exeter

Gary Hooper  - Scunthorpe
Nathan Ellington - Watford (on-loan to a Greek team)

Also possibly Matt Phillips he can play on either wing and is very highly ratd at Wycombe, 19 years old and won yong player of the season and Apprentice somehing-or-other (the same award I think Adeyemi won) I think his contract runs out in June, could be a good one for the future.

Emmanuel Jay-Thomas on loan from Arsenal on loan.19 years old, currently on loan and doing well at Doncaster Rovers.Physical left-sided central midfielder with an eye for goal who can play at left back or on the wing as well.Captained the Arsenal U18''s who won the FA Youth cup and Group A of the Premier Academy League (Norwich finished 2nd)Goal in the semis or final http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk0O7tTkz0

Emmanuel Jay-Thomas on loan from Arsenal on loan.

"19 years old, currently on loan and doing well at Doncaster Rovers.

Physical left-sided central midfielder with an eye for goal who can play at left back or on the wing as well.

Captained the Arsenal U18''s who won the FA Youth cup and Group A of the Premier Academy League (Norwich finished 2nd)"

thats a good shout, when i have seen him he always stands out. quality player

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Players who have looked good against us this year & who could do a job:Snodgrass, Puncheon, Lallana.I''d like to see us sign a player like Jonathan Greening, but it won''t happen.[/quote]

Good shout with those three!

Now Plymouth have been relegated how about Bradley Wright Phillips.25 years old and with Premier experience may be Lambo can get the hunger back into him

A young lad I''m very keen on is Huddersfield''s Anthony Pilkington. A quick and technically able winger who''s contributed 10 assists and 6 goals for Huddersfield this season. He''s also known to play through the middle, either as a striker or an advanced midfielder. He would, in my view, compliment McNamee very well and offer a decent alternative/replacement for Hoolahan should the need arise.

GK:Alex Smithies - Huddersfield, best young keeper in the division.Foster still No. 1 target for a loan even though he cant kick a football.CB:Jason Schakle! or anyone with some god dam speed for once.CM:Nicky Carle - Crystal Palace, may be looking for a move as he is a tampon selection at PalaceJimmy Smith - Leyton Orient, never given a real chance at Norwich and always played out of position, he is quality.Fwd:We have enough on the books, I have faith in Martin as a starter a champ level.We should be able to secure some prem loans, we have a great relationship with Arsenal and now they look like finally spending money in the summer may have some good talent looking for a game next year.Good season coming to an end but a tough season ahead.