Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

players in for next season

I am involved in a non league team up here in the North East and know some lads who are in close contact with Richard Brodie.I havn''t heard anything about signing but they all speak very highly of him.He certainly seems to know where the string is and scored a hat trick again last night.As with Cody''s transfer Brodie would certainly be worth a punt and would not cost much at all.

I would also like to see David Edgar (Burnley/on loan at Preston) , Adomah and some of the other mentioned on this forum none of which would cost too much.

There is a young lad at Newcastle called Connor Newton,midfielder.Only 18 and nicknamed the ginger brazilian but what a player he is going to be.Might be one for the future.One of the best young uns i have seen at Newcastle this year.

Ok providing we are promoted my Realistic Transfers in;

G.K - Joe Murphy. Scunthorpe keeper and R O I international, 28 years old and in his prime.

Def - Nat Clyne. Crystal palace defender. Very raw talent athltic and quick. Likely to have alot of suitors though.

Mid - Mark Wilson. Doncaster CM. Experienced pro at 31 and out of contract in the summer. Good eye for a pass and can tackle, a big reason behind doncasters recent uprise.

Mid - Neil Danns. Crystal palace Att mid. Went off the boil since leaving bimingham after they won the league. But rediscovered his form this season and is looking very good again. Great skill and an eye for a goal. If Palace go down might be easier to get him although like his teammate Clyne may have plenty of potential suitors

Mid - Ross Wallace. PNE left mid. This guy is a very good footballer who has a bit of everything and likes to work hard, likely to require a good fee ( 2mill ) and bordering the unrealistic mark. Still if PNE were to go down this could be easily possible.

Str - Luke Varney. Sheff Wed. Scored goals at every club hes been at. Has lots of pace and the perfect foil for holt. Derby are keen to get rid so transfer fee will be low and with Sheff Wed looking like going down he may not want to go there permanently.

As for taking players from leagues 1 and 2. Chris lines ( Brizzle rovers ) Albert adomoah ( barnet ) & Ryan Dickson ( brentford ) seem good shouts.

Thoughts on the above??

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ok providing we are promoted my Realistic Transfers in;

G.K - Joe Murphy. Scunthorpe keeper and R O I international, 28 years old and in his prime.

Def - Nat Clyne. Crystal palace defender. Very raw talent athltic and quick. Likely to have alot of suitors though.

Mid - Mark Wilson. Doncaster CM. Experienced pro at 31 and out of contract in the summer. Good eye for a pass and can tackle, a big reason behind doncasters recent uprise.

Mid - Neil Danns. Crystal palace Att mid. Went off the boil since leaving bimingham after they won the league. But rediscovered his form this season and is looking very good again. Great skill and an eye for a goal. If Palace go down might be easier to get him although like his teammate Clyne may have plenty of potential suitors

Mid - Ross Wallace. PNE left mid. This guy is a very good footballer who has a bit of everything and likes to work hard, likely to require a good fee ( 2mill ) and bordering the unrealistic mark. Still if PNE were to go down this could be easily possible.

Str - Luke Varney. Sheff Wed. Scored goals at every club hes been at. Has lots of pace and the perfect foil for holt. Derby are keen to get rid so transfer fee will be low and with Sheff Wed looking like going down he may not want to go there permanently.

As for taking players from leagues 1 and 2. Chris lines ( Brizzle rovers ) Albert adomoah ( barnet ) & Ryan Dickson ( brentford ) seem good shouts.

Thoughts on the above??

[/quote]Some good shouts in there[Y]

Charlie Austin - Swindon- SThe has surely got to be worth a punt, 44 in 44 for poole and 17 league goals for swindon this season, that is an outstanding achievement in less than a year.Sam Saunders - Brentford - MidSam saunders is a young midfielder who absolutely stole the show against us away from home and is a player who is hooliganesque in style with a drifting style, he does however have a better cross than hoolahan and uses both feet.Adriano Basso - Free Agent - GKGetting on at 35, but if you need an experienced goalkeeper at championship level look no further than basso, a brazillian who settled well at bristol and is well known for his acrobatics.

Paul Dixon - Dundee Utd - DefPaul Dixon has been a consistant full back for dundee and utd since breaking on to the scene in 2006. He is quick and hard into a tackle (see his kung fu on soccer am on saturday?)He has established himself as an U21 for scotland and even a full international.Albert Adomah - Barnet- Wquick, nimble, good crosser of the ball with an eye for goal.

Alright all you have-a-go football manager 2010 scouts, calm down

how could i forget Elliot Benyon?a good young striker for torquay who started his career at bristol rovers but has, with subs appearances picked up a record of 1 in 5 games but deserves a lot more.id also mention Danny Stevens although at 5ft 4 might not be fancied in higher leagues.

[quote user="Neil"]Alright all you have-a-go football manager 2010 scouts, calm down[/quote]

im not familiar with that game but surely it doesn''t tell you about players goal tallies for the season or anything about when their contracts run out- something most the people commenting on here have discussed, so doesn''t that show that we''re actually making these suggestions from what we''ve read/ seen on tv or at matches?? You''d think so wouldn''t you?? But then again whats the point of arguing with you you''d just make some snide comment again ay?

[quote user="Neil"]Alright all you have-a-go football manager 2010 scouts, calm down[/quote]instead of just sniping at people like a child, how about putting in you suggestions??

Lambo scot loach is a long shot as he is going to spurs. i like the thought of adomah, le fondre and Charlie austin. But i can see Charlie Austin going to a bigger club with a big fee same with adomah as he was close to signing with Coventry in January i think. Jimmy Abdou is a realistic target unless Millwall go up.

I could''nt name names, but i would like to see a Keeper, a central midfielder another winger and a quick forward to play off Holt if Martin cant cut it next season.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

As we are on the back to the Championship[Y]

what players would you like to see in a City shirt next season(sensible ones only please. we would all like to see Messi. Ronaldo etc etc lol)

Lambert will have a budget but i think it will be for the best/better players in the lower leagues and not top players in the championship.

I would like to a A.Adomah as a str8 replacement for Lappin[Y] he wouldnt cost the earth  and has pace,power and can score the odd goal.

[/quote]

1. Doesn''t Adomah play on the right wing?

2. Is Adomah any good at tackling and doing the defensive work?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Chris Lines and Jimmy Abdou would be fantastic acquisitions for our midfield.[/quote]

Jimmy Abdou is 26 this July - 5''9" tall or 5'' 10" depending on which website you look at.

league record  - Plymouth 22+9  apps   1 goal

- Millwall   68+5 apps     4 goals.

Played in France before joining Plymouth.

Joined Millwall 3/7/08, so if he signed a three year contract he may be available at a reasonable price this summer.

-----------------------------

Who does Chris Lines play for?  Ta.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Chris Lines and Jimmy Abdou would be fantastic acquisitions for our midfield.[/quote]dont know much about him.[/quote]

Plays for Bristol Rovers and has stood out every time I''ve seen him play. He''s an attacking and creative midfielder, a bit like Lalana at Southampton. Also very good at dead-ball kicks. 

[/quote]

Thanks for the info re Chris Lines.  Does he play on the left or right hand side of midfield?

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

Dele Adebola anyone?

Not even getting on the bench at Forest, I am sure he would jump at a chance to move on loan. He is proven at this level (not awesome but good) is in a similar mould to Heskey type which would bring cover or competition to Holt

[/quote]

Hugh Curran anyone.....well if you''re going for oldies

I like the sound of Billy Sharp. He seems to be finding the net for fun at the moment.

Noticed Adriano Basso was shortlisted as a possible target, oddly enough I bumped into him today at Spire Hospital in Bristol where he was in for physio treatment. He''s currently setting up a move to Portugal and I wittingly added he should have tried Norwich... then someone on this forum adds him as their possible target... it just made me chuckle... but no, he''s going to Portugal, it comes from the horses mouth I''m afraid.

rofl why would I make that up... if I was going to make something up, I''d say something more spectacular surely. You want more detail? He was in the Derek Webb physio reception at Bristol Spire Hospital this afternoon just after lunch waiting to go in, I know because I work at Bristol Spire Hospital, and everybody knows Luther Blisset(t) shops at Tesco

"Chris Beavers (i think thats his name) from Sheffield Wednesay- he was really good when i saw him recently, and i think he''s quite young, also we could get him on the cheap if wednesday get relegated."

"What position does he play in?"

He plays centre back- and its mark not chris, my bad.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Neil"]Alright all you have-a-go football manager 2010 scouts, calm down[/quote]instead of just sniping at people like a child, how about putting in you suggestions??[/quote]

Yeah here''s a suggestion let''s wait until we''re definitely 100% up before talking about next season.

I''ll be happy to speculate then

Prising Jordon Rhodes from Huddersfield would be a coup. They weep buckets about his loss down the (Portman) road.

It won''t happen, money for a start, but it would  upset the Massey Fergusons a lot and would surely announce our arrival back in the (semi) big time.

[quote user="singing canary"]scout john has done his homework ...!![/quote]Haha, indeed, it''s my one shot at getting employed by the club. [;)]

always get Billy Sharp on footy manager for Norwich he is great!

but for me- spend everything on Forster, he would save Norwich tons of points throughout the season... perhaps pretend he is injured during the last game so that Newcastle dont want him back