Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

players in for next season

Adomah is an odd one,  like mcnamee, andy bishop or even simeon Jackson (amongst others 442 thought Gills would get promoted this season purely because of his ability) he  has loads of supporters and several links to larger clubs but none have taken the plunge. 

I suspect that they have the ability but are simply too inconsistent.   Whether a higher profile club would improve that is always harder to tell,  but if a player cant step up that effort once a higher league club is interested I suspect it is unlikely to happen elsewhere.

I would like to see a centre back but have not seen anyone who has impressed me other than experienced pros (soton pair were best I have seen) and in central midfield Puncheon or Abdou may be attracted to playing in a higher league - both would give us grit that our central guys lack.

As for a keeper - who knows?  Forster would be the signing of the summer for me - even on loan

I have posted this in another thread but cant remember which one. Heres my two pence worth....

Danny Haynes (Awaits onslaught), lightning fast and a handful as we well know, plus the wheels may be falling off Bristol City a bit.

Ferrie Bodde - Swansea. Quality CM

Peter Clarke - Huddersfield. No nonsense defender.

Charlie Adam - Blackpool. Quality attacking CM.

To bulk up I would get a keeper on loan, preferably Forster again, a left back and either a wide player or another striker.

Would also consider anyone from Beevers, Simek and Tudgay from Sheffield Wednesday.

What about Mkandawire from Leyton Orient. Mid twenties centre back, their best player this season, and available on a Bosman.No chance would I be happy with signing Danny Haynes!

I sort of agree with Danny Haynes even though it was my suggestion. But think about it, if we did, how sweet would it be if he done the business against Ipswich. Picture all those horrible little binner faces and tell me it doesn''t bring a smile to your face!!

Not sure if he''s been mentioned or not as i cant be bothered to trawl thru 7 pages, but i''d like Darren Ambrose....Class act for Palarse (im hoping they go down) and i dont care about his scum connections.

I really think we need to signal our intentions and ambitions in The Championship next season!

Obviously we won''t have a big, big cash fund but as they say, you need to speculate to accumulate!

Hooper is someone I rate very highly, but I reckon they will break their record transfer fee selling him, so we won''t get a look in!

Lots of very good players mentioned, Ferrie Bodde is immense, but since injuring his knee, is abit of a risk as I reckon he will struggle to continue in football...

I think a proven striker (Billy Sharp or Hooper are obviousy choices but probably out of our reach) Ched would be quality though..

A battling CM like Abdou would be good, as well as an all rounder in the middle... Clingan would obviously be nice!!

Apart from anything though... FRASER FORSTER HAS TO COME BACK!!!!

Morgaro Gomis at Dundee Utd would be a very good option in the centre of midfield, however, may just be out of our price range.

I also said at the beginning of the season that Danny Livesey of Carlisle might be able to do a job for us at CB and everyone will be able to see what he can do in a couple of weeks.

I agree with the signings of Makandawire and Charlie Austin.

I''d also like to see us get in Johnny Herd from Southend. A promising left back who could eventually take over from Drury.

Others I''d worth a punt are Michael Raynes CB with Scunthorpe and if we can get him, Kazenga LuaLua.

Anthony Wordsworth would be a good signing. Quality physical goalscoring midfeilder could step up to the Championship no problem. Wouldnt be supprised if Lambert already has one eye on him from his Colchester days allready. Dunno what are friend Mr Cowling would have to say about it though?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Charlie Adam - Blackpool. Quality attacking CM. [/quote]We have got about as much chance of signing Charlie Adam as we have Lionel Messi. These are meant to be realistic suggestions

Has anyone mentioned George Boyd? On loan at forest from posh, doesn''t look like hes going to be staying at forest and unlikely he will drop down a division having played so well this season. Beeen just about the only decent player for posh along with lewis on the few occasions i''ve seen them play..

Why is Charlie Adam unrealistic Askounin? I would say we are a bigger deal than Blackpool, and maybe just maybe (as with Ashton) there will be much talk but no-one else prepared to take a punt.

For me this is where we need to pitching ourselves if we are going to have any intention of competing in this league.

[quote user="Gooby"]Has anyone mentioned George Boyd? On loan at forest from posh, doesn''t look like hes going to be staying at forest and unlikely he will drop down a division having played so well this season. Beeen just about the only decent player for posh along with lewis on the few occasions i''ve seen them play..[/quote]he cost Forest over a million just for the short loan fee, so I expect the full transfer fee isn''t going to be cheap!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Why is Charlie Adam unrealistic Askounin? I would say we are a bigger deal than Blackpool, and maybe just maybe (as with Ashton) there will be much talk but no-one else prepared to take a punt.

For me this is where we need to pitching ourselves if we are going to have any intention of competing in this league.[/quote]Of Course were a bigger club than Blackpool but if Charlie Adam became available there would be a lot bigger clubs than us intrested, possibly even prem teams and the fee would be over 2 million i would suspect

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Why is Charlie Adam unrealistic Askounin? I would say we are a bigger deal than Blackpool, and maybe just maybe (as with Ashton) there will be much talk but no-one else prepared to take a punt. For me this is where we need to pitching ourselves if we are going to have any intention of competing in this league.[/quote]
Of Course were a bigger club than Blackpool but if Charlie Adam became available there would be a lot bigger clubs than us intrested, possibly even prem teams and the fee would be over 2 million i would suspect
[/quote]

you''re right, saying he cost blackpool 500k and has been his top scorer he wouldn''t exactly be in our price range

As odd as it may seem, i feel guiltily tempted to take a gander in bringing back the heroes of an otherwise fruitless downfall over the past 2 or 3 years, given how many of them really aren''t that far out of our range now...Ched Evans is simply not performing at Sheffield United, and finds himself dropping down the pecking order as the weeks go by. The ''hoofball'' game Blackwell employs just doesn''t compliment the majority of an otherwise very talented bunch, and none more so than Evans have been deprived of putting on a showing with this kind of football. He''s just as talented as he was before, of that i have no doubt despite a very poor scoring ratio at the Blades. If he has any issues in his own game i reckon it presides over little more than a lack of confidence, and at a decent footballing side in Norwich i have no doubt he''ll flourish once again. Atleast a loan feels possible here.Leroy Lita still doesn''t seem to be pulling up any tree''s at a gutless and flat Middlesborough side, and should he continue to perform in the same vain as he has he may find himself out of favour with Strachan quite soon. At 25 i doubt he''s lost it, but again a loan seems within the realms of possiblity.Jason Shackell, with Wolves looking on course for survival he''s not going to find a first team oppertunity there. Been playing at Doncaster, and i''d reckon he''ll be relishing the prospect of first team football next season, of which we could well offer. A loan, but should we have reasonable funds in reserve in the summer i don''t see why we can''t make a buy back at a cut price here.Martin Taylor. Now this one i would of previously doubted had you of asked me mid-season, but if Watford get relegated i can''t see him rejecting the prospect of first team football in the Championship, not least with a club he openly admitted to having become well endeared to in his time here that draws in bigger crowds, in a nicer area, at a club that he knows well, that is on the up with one of the best up and coming managers in the country. Watford are not in the best financial footing, and i seriously doubt any fee would be unreasonable or excessive if we made an approach to Watford amongst the circumstances of relegation. So easily possible should things work out in our favour and we intend to take advantage of the oppertunity to bring him in. Permanent transfer.Alan Gow, did poorly at a relegation destined Plymouth, currently on loan at Hibernian, but he has shown he can do a very good job at Championship level, at none more so than Blackpool. He didn''t quite set the League alight here, but we all saw what magnificent talent he had to display, and that what he did at Blackpool was no flash in the pan. Offers a host of options in an attacking sense, and in the right kind of footballing side (unlike so many, something we can offer) will flourish. Permenant, and with Plymouth already down i don''t see why they or Gow would turn down any reasonable approach, with him being well out of favour, and him obviously rathering Championship football, not least at a club where he didn''t really have a bad few months in all truth.Alan Lee, passionate, powerful, fairly talented, has shown he can do a job at this level, and hasn''t had a bad year. Now should a poorly financially placed Palace get relegated rather than Watford, the oppertunity to bring him in rather than Taylor could open up, and in my eyes it''s not a bad one. We know what he has to offer, and with (''some'') doubts over Holt (in my opinion misplaced... But anyway) at Championship level he''ll be just what we need, and if not it''s a little too much to ask of Holt to compete for a whole season at a level above what is custom to him (not least because of his disciplinary record). Lee loves this part of the country, and if offered a chance to get out of a relegated Palace, i don''t see anypne rejecting any reasonable offer.Few suggestions, wouldn''t mind seeing any of this bunch back despite how the club was performing at the time of their arrival. [Y]

Some good players there, BBJ. But you would have to assume quite costly in terms of fees and wages and all the rest of it.

Not so keen on Alan Gow. Lots of nice touches and flashes of skill but hasn''t got the pace to do the damage with it and isn''t a natural goalscorer. Hard to know where you''d best play him in our team. Plus, I didn''t really like the way he played with a lack of commitment when he was here. Fair enough he was on loan but he never really put in what was needed for a team facing relegation.

Also, Martin Taylor. I''ve always liked him as a player but I wonder if after what happened with Eduardo, his lack of football after and the way Watford have struggled if he''s still got "it". I''m not convinced he''d be the player he once was.

I''ve heard alot of rumours that we are going to sign lee Hughes from notts county in the summer although delia has yet to say if she will welcome him to the club due to his past

[quote user="barneycanary"]bump[/quote]

Bump is too clumsy, we should go for Mr Tickle, he could cause some trouble in the area

The O''donovan kid on loan at Hartlepool might be worth a shot. Out of contract at Sunderland too so nice and cheap