Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

players in for next season

As we are on the back to the Championship[Y]

what players would you like to see in a City shirt next season(sensible ones only please. we would all like to see Messi. Ronaldo etc etc lol)

Lambert will have a budget but i think it will be for the best/better players in the lower leagues and not top players in the championship.

I would like to a A.Adomah as a str8 replacement for Lappin[Y] he wouldnt cost the earth  and has pace,power and can score the odd goal.

Id love to see Jason Koumas. Apparently he nearly signed on loan for Leicester this season. Out of favour at Wigan.

In goal id love Alex Smithies.

Oh, but seriously, Koumas maybe yeah, Adomah?, Sammy Clingan - but wouldn''t happen. [:(]

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]I''m saying this with tin hat on in my bunker.... What about Jordan Rhodes?
[/quote]Former scummer lol...he has scored 17 in 39...not really prolific for league 1 but he is 6,1 and could be a good squad addition

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Chris Lines and Jimmy Abdou would be fantastic acquisitions for our midfield.[/quote]dont know much about him.[/quote]

Plays for Bristol Rovers and has stood out every time I''ve seen him play. He''s an attacking and creative midfielder, a bit like Lalana at Southampton. Also very good at dead-ball kicks. 

Chris Beavers (i think thats his name) from Sheffield Wednesay- he was really good when i saw him recently, and i think he''s quite young, also we could get him on the cheap if wednesday get relegated.

Wycombe have a good young winger as well, mat phillips, he was really good for Wycombe last season and has put in a few good performances this season, I rekon he''d be worth a shot saying we could have him for a small amount.

Finally a striker like chris dagnall or dan le fondre- they''re both young and they''ve both scored a few in league 2 (something holt had done- and he''s been able to make the step up. Apparantly Dagnall''s contract is running out- so maybe we could tempt him, but failing that it looks like Rotherham areb''t gona get auto promotion and if they fail in the play offs I''m sure a good offer could be too much for them to resist  :D

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="LinkNR9"]Chris Lines and Jimmy Abdou would be fantastic acquisitions for our midfield.[/quote]dont know much about him.[/quote]

Plays for Bristol Rovers and has stood out every time I''ve seen him play. He''s an attacking and creative midfielder, a bit like Lalana at Southampton. Also very good at dead-ball kicks. 

[/quote]sounds very good[Y]

Possible candidates in my mind :# Albert Adomah / Right Winger / Barnet - *Permenant Transfer*He''s very highly rated at Barnet, and has obviously often been touted as a player we''ve had interest in throughout the season. Very fast, and can boast a more impressive scoring ratio than McNamee, albeit at a much lower. Young, and has considerable potential to become a prize assett at Championship level, and will remedy any lack of systematical options we may have next season.# Andy Bishop / Striker / Bury - *Permenant Transfer*May never escape Bury, despite years of speculation, and has been injured for more than most of this season, and, while performing impressively, has never quite set League Two alight, but tall centre forwards have an strange tendancy of flourishing at odd times and levels (Grant Holt, Chris Iwelumo, Rickie Lambert and Jason Scotland can serve as examples of this), and you often find that the quality of the team they are surrounded by is the biggest determining factor in their standard of play. Turned down the last contract he was offered, and should we offer him the oppertunity it''ll be pretty easy to lure him to Carrow Road.# Ashley Barnes / Striker / Plymouth Argyle - *Permanent Transfer*Not overly impressive form in his career at Plymouth, but from what me and my friends have seen of him while he''s been on loan at Brighton he has a lot of class as a youngster. Not too dissimilar to the Grant Holt mould, and will offer a lot in Holts place should anything happen to him, and at his age could prove to be his successor if he fulfills his potential. Especially if Plymouth get relegated, theres no reason to assume this can''t come to fruition.# Glenn Murray / Striker / Brighton - *Permanent Transfer*Got a lot of quality, and his only real downfall is his attitude. Very much in the Holt and Lambert mould, and like them, another target man that flourished at Rochdale. At the right club, with the right squad, he could become quite a formidable entity.# Nadjim Abdou / Midfielder / Millwall - *Permanent Transfer*Has not gone under the raidar. Did as sturn a job as any against Hoolahan this season, and should anyone have any concern over our midfield, Abdou is a prime candidate enforce it''s strength. Will perform in a role not too dissimilar to the likes of Russell, and on given evidence, he it''s a role he performs very well in.# Adriano Basso / Goalkeeper / Out Of Contract - *Permenant Transfer*Given the probability that Forster will be unlikely to return to us on

loan next season, coming up with a decent replacement should be one of

the main priorities that the club has in the summer. Adriano

Basso has recently left Bristol City, and is now available on a free. I

seem to remember him being very highly rated by Bristol City''s fans and

Gary Johnson, and i''d reckon him to be an ideal candidate in terms of

passing on experience and guidance to the two young and very talented

goalkeepers we currently have contracted to the club in both Rudd and

Steer.Should he be deserving of the acclaim he has been given, i

personally see Rudd, at the age of 19 or so, being ready for next

season in the Championship (or atleast for the latter part of it).

Though, if this was the case, it''d be performing as the competitor for

the first team jersy, and being humble and attentive in acting as the

understudy to someone with the class, ability and experience of Basso. Should

we bring Basso in, we will be fairly solid in the goalkeeping

department, and it will most definitely stand Rudd in good sted for his

development and future as a goalkeeper.# Chedwyn Evans / Striker / Sheffield United - *Loan*Has scarcely performed to the standards that had been hoped by the Blades, and in all likelihood will find himself much lower in the pecking order for them next season. As we know he has some formidable assetts as a striker, and much like Martin has this season, will compliment Grant Holts play upfront with his quality and eye for goal. He may have lost his form recently, but he hasn''t lost his ability, and at the right club whilst not having to feed of the scraps that the ''hoofball'' provides at Sheffield United, he could well show the potential he had done with us once again. And with summer investment there is no reason to assume we can''t make this transfer a permanent one.# Billy Sharp / Striker / Sheffield United - *Loan*The kind of talented striker, again much like Martin, that''d prove to be the perfect foil for the kind of player Holt is. Never managed to flourish under the style of football that Sheffield United had to offer, but is showing this season at Doncaster that the abilities he exhibited at Scunthorpe were indeed that, and that he is not the one season wonder that the Blades fans may have suspected. The economical matters of a deal involving Sharp would be non too dissimilar to the situation mentioned above with Evans.# Adam Le Fondre / Striker / Rotherham United - *Permenant Transfer*Has often stated his ambition in the game, and for him we can provide the perfect platform for his progression. Has improved and will continue to improve in the game, and should we bring him in we could well reap the benefits of this. With the collective quality of our side i don''t see him going through a goal drought, even at Championshp level, as big a jump it may be for him.# Chris Dagnall / Striker / Rochdale - *Permenant Transfer*Theres no doubting he''s been a class act for Rochdale this season, and should we bring him in at the fairly young age he''s at theres certainly some potential for him to further improve. Certainly worth a punt.

Possible candidates in my mind :# Albert Adomah / Right Winger / Barnet - *Permenant Transfer*He''s very highly rated at Barnet, and has obviously often been touted as a player we''ve had interest in throughout the season. Very fast, and can boast a more impressive scoring ratio than McNamee, albeit at a much lower. Young, and has considerable potential to become a prize assett at Championship level, and will remedy any lack of systematical options we may have next season.# Andy Bishop / Striker / Bury - *Permenant Transfer*May never escape Bury, despite years of speculation, and has been injured for more than most of this season, and, while performing impressively, has never quite set League Two alight, but tall centre forwards have an strange tendancy of flourishing at odd times and levels (Grant Holt, Chris Iwelumo, Rickie Lambert and Jason Scotland can serve as examples of this), and you often find that the quality of the team they are surrounded by is the biggest determining factor in their standard of play. Turned down the last contract he was offered, and should we offer him the oppertunity it''ll be pretty easy to lure him to Carrow Road.# Ashley Barnes / Striker / Plymouth Argyle - *Permanent Transfer*Not overly impressive form in his career at Plymouth, but from what me and my friends have seen of him while he''s been on loan at Brighton he has a lot of class as a youngster. Not too dissimilar to the Grant Holt mould, and will offer a lot in Holts place should anything happen to him, and at his age could prove to be his successor if he fulfills his potential. Especially if Plymouth get relegated, theres no reason to assume this can''t come to fruition.# Glenn Murray / Striker / Brighton - *Permanent Transfer*Got a lot of quality, and his only real downfall is his attitude. Very much in the Holt and Lambert mould, and like them, another target man that flourished at Rochdale. At the right club, with the right squad, he could become quite a formidable entity.# Nadjim Abdou / Midfielder / Millwall - *Permanent Transfer*Has not gone under the raidar. Did as sturn a job as any against Hoolahan this season, and should anyone have any concern over our midfield, Abdou is a prime candidate enforce it''s strength. Will perform in a role not too dissimilar to the likes of Russell, and on given evidence, he it''s a role he performs very well in.# Adriano Basso / Goalkeeper / Out Of Contract - *Permenant Transfer*Given the probability that Forster will be unlikely to return to us on

loan next season, coming up with a decent replacement should be one of

the main priorities that the club has in the summer. Adriano

Basso has recently left Bristol City, and is now available on a free. I

seem to remember him being very highly rated by Bristol City''s fans and

Gary Johnson, and i''d reckon him to be an ideal candidate in terms of

passing on experience and guidance to the two young and very talented

goalkeepers we currently have contracted to the club in both Rudd and

Steer.Should he be deserving of the acclaim he has been given, i

personally see Rudd, at the age of 19 or so, being ready for next

season in the Championship (or atleast for the latter part of it).

Though, if this was the case, it''d be performing as the competitor for

the first team jersy, and being humble and attentive in acting as the

understudy to someone with the class, ability and experience of Basso. Should

we bring Basso in, we will be fairly solid in the goalkeeping

department, and it will most definitely stand Rudd in good sted for his

development and future as a goalkeeper.# Chedwyn Evans / Striker / Sheffield United - *Loan*Has scarcely performed to the standards that had been hoped by the Blades, and in all likelihood will find himself much lower in the pecking order for them next season. As we know he has some formidable assetts as a striker, and much like Martin has this season, will compliment Grant Holts play upfront with his quality and eye for goal. He may have lost his form recently, but he hasn''t lost his ability, and at the right club whilst not having to feed of the scraps that the ''hoofball'' provides at Sheffield United, he could well show the potential he had done with us once again. And with summer investment there is no reason to assume we can''t make this transfer a permanent one.# Billy Sharp / Striker / Sheffield United - *Loan*The kind of talented striker, again much like Martin, that''d prove to be the perfect foil for the kind of player Holt is. Never managed to flourish under the style of football that Sheffield United had to offer, but is showing this season at Doncaster that the abilities he exhibited at Scunthorpe were indeed that, and that he is not the one season wonder that the Blades fans may have suspected. The economical matters of a deal involving Sharp would be non too dissimilar to the situation mentioned above with Evans.# Adam Le Fondre / Striker / Rotherham United - *Permenant Transfer*Has often stated his ambition in the game, and for him we can provide the perfect platform for his progression. Has improved and will continue to improve in the game, and should we bring him in we could well reap the benefits of this. With the collective quality of our side i don''t see him going through a goal drought, even at Championshp level, as big a jump it may be for him.# Chris Dagnall / Striker / Rochdale - *Permenant Transfer*Theres no doubting he''s been a class act for Rochdale this season, and should we bring him in at the fairly young age he''s at theres certainly some potential for him to further improve. Certainly worth a punt.

In all honesty i have no idea,but the one thing i do know. is lambert does know !!!!    And that makes me HAPPY!!!

Good call BBJ on Ched Evans.

Whats happened with him?

I thought that he could, had he stayed at Man City, got some opportunities in the Prem this season, despite their squad. Outstanding player, seems to have gone backwards at Sheff United. The way they play? Blackwell? Or just not settled?

The thought of him and Grant Holt as a front pairing is an enticing one, but doubt they''d let him go to a team they would regard as a rival next season for a P/Off place.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Good call BBJ on Ched Evans.

Whats happened with him?

I thought that he could, had he stayed at Man City, got some opportunities in the Prem this season, despite their squad. Outstanding player, seems to have gone backwards at Sheff United. The way they play? Blackwell? Or just not settled?

The thought of him and Grant Holt as a front pairing is an enticing one, but doubt they''d let him go to a team they would regard as a rival next season for a P/Off place.[/quote]I''m pretty sure it''s got a lot to do with Blackwell and the systems he uses. As i understand it hoofball is a prominent feature of their game, Blades fans have hated it ever since they appointed him by the sounds of it, and i reckon the form of players like Billy Sharp and Ched Evans, to a degree, pay testament to that.As for letting Evans go, i honestly wouldn''t put it beyond them. I''m not quite so sure they''d see us as an immediate threat just yet, even if we are to get the title under our belts, and seeing as Sharp is at a club that Sheffield United are literally in every sense level with in the table, i don''t see our hopes for the season getting too much in the way of a deal being struck between us.Oh, and sorry for the double post guys, my internet connection has been pretty dreadful today.[:$]

I would like to see Le Fondre here. Always seems to score at least 25 goals a season in league 2 for last few years. Obviously your never sure if he can cut it at championship level. Basso would be a great signing especially if hes out of contract

Joe Lewis?

We may not be able to bid as much as other teams but as we have a 40% sell on clause ?, this being nullified would surely put us at an advantage, that and the fact that he''s a Norwich fan!

Some decent suggestions in there, BBJ. Not so much Andy Bishop, I think he''s a very long way off Championship standard. He''s at his level.

I feel it''s not just about looking at players that can compete at Championship level but also really push us up the table and hopefullly out within a couple of seasons.

Firstly lets get Forster back on a season long loan, Martin Taylor who isn''t going to get a game at Birmingham but could do a job for us in the championship plus he wouldnt cost the earth. Albert Adomah would be a good adition to the squad. How about Snodgrass from Leeds, If they don''t make promotion which is looking likely he may be looking to move. And Ched Evans would also be a good signing. But for any of this we need investment.

[quote user="Sad little canary getting happier"] Martin Taylor who isn''t going to get a game at Birmingham but could do a job for us in the championship plus he wouldnt cost the earth. [/quote]He went to Watford on a free transfer at the end of January.

Would it be over ambitious to want Scott Loach in if Watford were to be relegated? I know he''s very highly rated, but so was Marshall- and we weren''t in as big financial troubles as watford are when we sold him.

I know Richad Brodie has had a formidable season with York, and he''s been scoring goals for a few seasons now, perhaps he''d be worth a gamble.

For the Keeper vacency it''d be between Basso & Loach for me, Don''t see Fraser coming back here next season.

I''d like to see us land Adomah, that then gives us some real mouth watering options down the wings along with McNamee, Snodgrass would be nice but it''s never going to happen.

Dagnall or Le Fondre as back up to Holt for me, both quality strikers who I feel would be able to make the step up.

Jimmy Abdou to give us an extra combatetive option in midfield, IMO Korey''s going to be a squad player next season and be gradually blooded into the Championship, it''s too much to ask of him to step and and still turn in the level of performances he has this season.

I''d then also take one of Ched Evans & Billy Sharp.

ill probably get roundly slaughtered for this but id love us to actually get off our arses and scout.

We are in the EU after all.......

Over the years we have signed some absolute shite from abroad but i didnt ever get the feeling they were properly scouted, just bought on agents recommendations or videos.

Scandinavia is the obvious place.  Physical style of football, players have a good grasp of the language and they dont cost the earth.

Sure we can pick up better players than league 2 forwards.....

Dele Adebola anyone?

Not even getting on the bench at Forest, I am sure he would jump at a chance to move on loan. He is proven at this level (not awesome but good) is in a similar mould to Heskey type which would bring cover or competition to Holt