Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

McNamee is to much of a luxury player

Unfortunately Macca has slowed his path into the hearts of City fans today. Was it a lazy day? Was he just unlucky? Was it that he just didn''t get the service?

Dons were very physical and IMO he appeared to shy away from contact today. Did nothing defensively and wasn''t able to get those moves and footwork going down the right side that he seemed to be making his trademark, because he simply wasn''t putting himself in a position to do so.

I hope I dont see another performance like this from him again or he is destined to slip away into obscurity within our large squad.

Have people noticed a difference between him starting and him coming off the bench? I read somewhere (Wikipedia I think) that he has asthma issues that affect his fitness. Perhaps hes just not cut out to be a starter?

Also we started today with the 442 which clearly didnt work as Mcnamee wasnt coming into the middle enough when the play was on the left hand side with drury and lappin and was a virtual spectator, it was like playing with 10 men because Hoolahan likes to loiter on the outside of the box when we play the diamond but with the 442 Mcnamee was just anonymous when we were in those positions. Lambert rightly changed to the diamond at the start of the second half but even then Mcnamee couldnt get involved playing through the middle and was rightly replaced by Oli. So the point i am trying to make is Mcnamee is simply not physical enough, can''t infulene a game enough and offers nothing defensivly. Although i will admid he does have good delivery on his left foot, but if you look at a player like Jason Puncheon and compare the two Puncheon is in a diffrent league to Mcnamee. We must certianly get rid if we go up imo.

I''m sorry, but you''re all going to have to talk a little quieter, the McNamee Is God Brigade will hear you and come and tell you how its actually all Lappin''s fault...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Have people noticed a difference between him starting and him coming off the bench? I read somewhere (Wikipedia I think) that he has asthma issues that affect his fitness. Perhaps hes just not cut out to be a starter?[/quote]If it affects him so much then surely he shouldn''t be playing professional football?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Trent Canary"]Have people noticed a difference between him starting and him coming off the bench? I read somewhere (Wikipedia I think) that he has asthma issues that affect his fitness. Perhaps hes just not cut out to be a starter?[/quote]If it affects him so much then surely he shouldn''t be playing professional football?[/quote]I dont know if it does affect him that much to be honest, just going on what ive read. Heres the link -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McNamee

[quote user="Shyster"]If you took away the points garnered through McNamee''s assists and goal last night, the lead at the top of the Table would not look as healthy as it does now.

[/quote]

You are a smelly man shyster ha ha Captain Morty told

[quote user="wan hanoi"]

[quote user="Shyster"]If you took away the points garnered through McNamee''s assists and goal last night, the lead at the top of the Table would not look as healthy as it does now.

[/quote]

You are a smelly man shyster ha ha Captain Morty told

[/quote]

Arguing with yourself again Shyster? [;)]