Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Kid

Vote For Your Player Of The Season Now......

Got this reply.

Thank you for registering your vote for the Anglian Player of the Season.

There are still tickets available for the Anglian Player of the Season dinner on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at Carrow Road. Hosted by Kevin Piper, enjoy a 3-course meal, player interviews and the end-of-season player of the season presentations.

To book call Dawn or Zoe on 01603 218712

OTBC!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Got this reply.

Thank you for registering your vote for the Anglian Player of the Season.There are still tickets available for the Anglian Player of the Season dinner on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at Carrow Road. Hosted by Kevin Piper, enjoy a 3-course meal, player interviews and the end-of-season player of the season presentations.To book call Dawn or Zoe on 01603 218712OTBC!

[/quote]I have been to a few of those, cracking night out!

It''s such a pleasant change from last season where frankly I could have voted for one of the ball boys.  This year there are at least 5 strong contenders:Fraser ForsterWes HoolahanKorey SmithAdam Drury, who has been fantasticand my vote goes to Grant Holt.

Voted for Holty.Pretty sure I would have voted for Wes, a couple of months ago but when Holty got suspended it was obvious how much we missed him. He always gives it 100% , great captain, leads the line very well, is more skillful than he is given credit for and scores lots of goals. What more could you want for 400k.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Got this reply.

Thank you for registering your vote for the Anglian Player of the Season.

There are still tickets available for the Anglian Player of the Season dinner on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at Carrow Road. Hosted by Kevin Piper, enjoy a 3-course meal, player interviews and the end-of-season player of the season presentations.

To book call Dawn or Zoe on 01603 218712

OTBC!

[/quote]

I have been to a few of those, cracking night out!
[/quote]

Would be nice, trying hard to save for the cruise now though

I think, in some ways, it seems a shame to pick a favourite from what has been a terrific team effort.

Thinking about it I''m actually a little surprised that a few people have voted for Korey Smith. He''s had a great debut season, no doubt about it. Full of energy. But has he been as crucial as some of the others in putting us top of the league? Probably not. There are probably 4 or 5 players ahead of him, in my opinion.

Hoolahan, Forster, C Martin and Doherty have all played huge parts in our rise to the top. Drury and Russell have both had fine seasons as well. However, for his goals, all round play and commitment to the cause my vote would have to go to Grant Holt.

No idea, but ill probably go with Holt. Think Forsters been up there, but think id rather give the thumbs up to a player who will be with us next season (Although lets hope Lambert can tempt him back) Smith has done very well for his age, but I wouldnt have him any higher than Russell and I cant give it to him purely based on the fact hes a young lad.So either Hoolahan or Holt, will go with Holt on the basis that under his captaincy we seem to have a fantastic team spirit (Although how much of that is down to him is debatable).

[quote user="GJP"]

I think, in some ways, it seems a shame to pick a favourite from what has been a terrific team effort.

Thinking about it I''m actually a little surprised that a few people have voted for Korey Smith. He''s had a great debut season, no doubt about it. Full of energy. But has he been as crucial as some of the others in putting us top of the league? Probably not. There are probably 4 or 5 players ahead of him, in my opinion.

Hoolahan, Forster, C Martin and Doherty have all played huge parts in our rise to the top. Drury and Russell have both had fine seasons as well. However, for his goals, all round play and commitment to the cause my vote would have to go to Grant Holt.

[/quote]I''d agree with your comment wholly, although funnily enough i don''t think you''re quite giving Holt enough credit.Holt is the top goalscorer at the club, as well as providing the second most assists (whilst behind Hoolahan), as well as captaining a side from 23rd in the table to the dizzy heights of 1st, and given how awful our captains have been in the past few years it surely only emphasises how hard a job it can be, especially in a side stuck in what was almost a seemingly unstoppable descent.As you mention, his all round play and his committment have been absolutely first class. But not even that comes close to summarising what he has contributed to a side very much dependant upon his participation.Some may be unwilling to credit him for it, but he has performed just astoundingly this season, and well beyond the rest of the squad. Truly.

I''m worried we may get a similar case to the one that we had last season, where fans for ''some reason'' want to vye for the underdog, and you find the likes of Sammy Clingan performing to their utter best, missing out on their well deserved awards because of the likes of David Marshall and Lee Croft, that in the grand scheme of things were a little average. While the two of them showed their respective momens of class, they did comparitively little up against the likes of Clingan. This very much applies to Holt, and if he doesn''t win it i have to say, like last season, i''ll look back at the results and think of them as an utter shambles.

A tough call between several players for me. I need to get my head round Holt''s red card incident, otherwise he''d be streaks ahead for me. Forster, Rusty and Wes also in contention. Drury unlucky because of the injury else he''s make it my top 5.