Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Why so pleased that Leeds have lost

Millwall are now are biggest challengers.  they are the form team in the division since Christmas and have by far and away the easiest run in.

We now need to win an extra one of our remaining games which may not be as easy as we think.  Look what has happened to Leeds once they were put under a bit of pressure.

I still think we will go up, but it won''t be as easy as it seemed before tonight''s result.  It would be a bloody sight harder if Leeds sneaked a win here on Saturday.

Its quite simple.Leeds remain on 71 points, Millwall up to 68 points.  A Millwall victory and a Leeds defeat to us on Saturday, and that''s both teams on 71 points.  Which would put us 11 points clear of 2nd (and 3rd) place with 8 games to go.Millwall may be on a good run but we''d have to implode completely now to let them catch us...

A good post.

I think that some people on here are assuming too much. I''ll start celebrating when it''s mathematically impossible for us to be caught in the automatic spots.

However... it''s lovely to see Dirty Leeds whacked!

Now basically 2 teams have to go on amazing run of form to catch us not 1. Plus it is fun laughing at Leeds.

It''s that old scenario of , "If you and your''e mate are being chased by a bear, you haven''t got to outrun the bear , just out run your''e mate!".

In other words, Milwall can do what they like as long as we''re better than Leeds , we''re going up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is simple.  To get automatice promotion from this division, you need to finish above the 3rd placed team  The 3rd place team is now closer to us than it was. On form since Xmas they''re a better team than us and they have an easier run in.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Millwall are now are biggest challengers.  they are the form team in the division since Christmas and have by far and away the easiest run in.

We now need to win an extra one of our remaining games which may not be as easy as we think.  Look what has happened to Leeds once they were put under a bit of pressure.

I still think we will go up, but it won''t be as easy as it seemed before tonight''s result.  It would be a bloody sight harder if Leeds sneaked a win here on Saturday.

[/quote]

I am pleased cos I backed Millwall to win at 3/1 Morrison 1st goal at 15/2 Scorecast Morrison and 2 - 0 @ 80/1 and Millwall to win both halves @ 14/1 just over £250 I think so they just almost paid for my season ticket. Also now win on Saturday and we will be 11 points clear min of everyone with 8 games left. Assuming we get promoted who would you prefer in the Championship Leeds ? or Millwall ? Leeds surely would sign players and become proper contendors 

Its simple.

Leeds is a northern hole whereas Millwall is a London hole.

Just as deep a hole but so much easier and cheaper to get to in the Championship next year.

hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home. hardly an easy run in! our run in is much easier than theirs, plus we have an 11 point advantage to go with that. i was delighted with the millwall win. i want the title, plus also for leeds to not get promoted as added extra.

oh and another point regarding millwalls ''easy run in'' they are clearly the best against the top teams, however if you look at the stats they are very poor against bottom 10 teams, a stat that needs to be taken note of.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]There are a lot of people on this forum saying IF we beat Leeds on Saturday.[/quote]Millwall would have to win 4 more games than us out of the last 9.It aint likely.

Why all the nerves, dylan? If you saw Leeds play tonight, you''d realise how little we have to fear from them.  If we don''t win enough games to go up automatically now, then we don''t deserve to go up and we''d be no better than Leeds.  But can you honestly see that happening??I won''t celebrate until we''re up, but I can''t see us losing it now...

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]It is simple.  To get automatice promotion from this division, you need to finish above the 3rd placed team  The 3rd place team is now closer to us than it was. On form since Xmas they''re a better team than us and they have an easier run in.[/quote]Ye your right but i am sure are form is still better than Leeds so even if Millwall are the in form team we will still finish second. We have had the same form as them in the last six games anyway.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home. hardly an easy run in! our run in is much easier than theirs, plus we have an 11 point advantage to go with that. i was delighted with the millwall win. i want the title, plus also for leeds to not get promoted as added extra.

oh and another point regarding millwalls ''easy run in'' they are clearly the best against the top teams, however if you look at the stats they are very poor against bottom 10 teams, a stat that needs to be taken note of.[/quote]Do you really mean Millwall have got to play themselves away? [*-)]

At the end of the day Milwall have to win 4 games that we lose, and Leeds 3 wins that we lose from the last 9 matches just to overtake us. If we allow both of them to do that, then we don''t deserve to go up!!!!

The fact of the matter is that Millwall deserved their win tonight they blew Leeds away and on that showing they would be worthy of automatic promotion. It is now up to us to approach every game in the right manner and we''ll be fine, as will hopefully Millwall. [;)]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home. hardly an easy run in! our run in is much easier than theirs, plus we have an 11 point advantage to go with that. i was delighted with the millwall win. i want the title, plus also for leeds to not get promoted as added extra. oh and another point regarding millwalls ''easy run in'' they are clearly the best against the top teams, however if you look at the stats they are very poor against bottom 10 teams, a stat that needs to be taken note of.[/quote]

Millwall still have to play Millwall away?  Do they get 6 points if they both win?

Sorry to be petty but I''m just trying to make the point that funny things happen to teams at the top of the League at this time of year.  It only takes one poor performance to knock confidence and we''ll be looking over our shoulders.  A bit like happened to Leeds.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home. hardly an easy run in! our run in is much easier than theirs, plus we have an 11 point advantage to go with that. i was delighted with the millwall win. i want the title, plus also for leeds to not get promoted as added extra. oh and another point regarding millwalls ''easy run in'' they are clearly the best against the top teams, however if you look at the stats they are very poor against bottom 10 teams, a stat that needs to be taken note of.[/quote]

Millwall still have to play Millwall away?  Do they get 6 points if they both win?

Sorry to be petty but I''m just trying to make the point that funny things happen to teams at the top of the League at this time of year.  It only takes one poor performance to knock confidence and we''ll be looking over our shoulders.  A bit like happened to Leeds.

[/quote]We''ll make it over the line, chill...

League PositionTeamCurrent PointsMatches to PlayMaximum Possible PointsHighest Possible FinishLowest Possible FinishProjected Points
Season FormRecent Form
1Norwich City79910611197.997
2Leeds United7199811488.180.9
3Millwall6899511984.288.7
4Charlton Athletic6799411983.278.7
5Swindon Town6799411983.282.3
6Colchester United6310931228076
7Huddersfield Town6198812275.475.4

Well doing some very quick calculations we are on better form than Millwall. I did it from the 28th Dec (after xmas) we gained 37 points from 15 matches at 2.46 avg, whereas the got 35 points and avg 2.33.

I understand your concern as normally I always hold a pessimistic view of Norwich from all the times they''ve let me down, however, this time I really can''t see us mssing out on promotion.

[/quote]Yeah fair point. Still I wouldn''t really mind finishing second behind Millwall (very big ask) if Leeds are stuck in this league for another year. [:D] Promotion is my main concern really.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home.[/quote]That second match sounds like a tough one.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="UEA Canary"]hold on a minute, you say millwall have an easy run in? they have to play huddersfield and millwall away, and swindon at home.[/quote]

That second match sounds like a tough one.

[/quote]

Fancy having your own fans beating themselves up outside the ground. [*-)]

[quote user="bread1"]i dont give a monkeys now if we win or come second so long as the leeds scum dont go up[/quote]Exactly as I said. [:)]Obviously I would prefer us to finish top, but I really have begun to hate those Leeds winkers. [:@]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

I think that some people on here are assuming too much. I''ll start celebrating when it''s mathematically impossible for us to be caught in the automatic spots. [/quote]

Me too [:)] Millwall are 11 points behind us though so thats 4 games we have to lose and they have to win to over take us, just can''t see it with only 9 games left.

Plus if we beat Leeds we''ll be 11 pts ahead of them too with only 8 games left

In Lambert we trust [:)]

After our game against Leeds we have some much easier fixtures left:Tranmere - AStockport - HMK Dons - HLeyton Orient - ACharlton - AGillingham - HBristol Rovers - ACarlisle - HThe only fixture I see as a bit of a challenge are the ones against MK Dons, Charlton and Bristol Rovers, though Charlton are in poor form at the moment. Gillingham are still yet to win away from home this season and I can''t really see us losing to any of sides either