Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

I know you're all laughing at us (Leeds)...

I also see swindon winning the play-offs as they seem more organised then the others and this above most other factors is especially crucial for the play-offs...Saints without question have a top 2 team but there just too far behind and won''t win every remaining match, I thought they could still make it until they lost away to tranmere. Huddersfield I have a feeling will just sneak in, and ususally a team that finishes 6th does well in the play-offs. Lastly how charlton have remained 3rd (until tonight) is a complete mystery to me and shows how woeful this league is..

[quote user="willynaylor"]I think the style of football has been horrible all season. We got a lot of luck earlier in the season, thats just run out now. I think it probably was a combination of the factors you mention. He could definitely have accepted 1 of the 3 beckford bids and concentrated on getting a replacement. Confirmed by a mate of mine close to the club that beckford and grayson had a huge bust up Where the f*ck do we go from here? We are a complete basket case of a football club[/quote]

Willy, it does look bad and, of course, compared to where you were at one point it is bad. Having only gained eleven points from the last ten games is close to relegation form. However, Leeds are still in the pole position for at least the second automatic spot. There may be a disconnect between some of the players and/or manager but the team has shown it can play on the big occasions this season. The only thing that counts is what happens from here on. That requires the players to show they have the required character. Your first opportunity for the big occasion comes on Saturday. If you fail in that one and, even in a worst case scenario, I cannot see any likelihood of Leeds missing a play-off spot, in which case the players will have another opportunity to play for the right to a real big occasion. If you fail to capitalise on those opportunities yet to come then you know your club doesn''t deserve promotion and the changes will need to be rung for next season. It''s football, which is why we love it so much.

Hey anyone think

willynaylor
may be Spainboy with a different name now. A more Humble Spain boy? Might be the same person....

Don''t have much to add to the OP''s post.

came on here for some good banter with our rivals but probably won''t stay much longer, hardly a contest is it?

just want to get saturday out of the way, be happy to keep it under 4 tbh.

fair play over the season. I thnk Lamberts a right to,sser as a bloke but a top manager, our managers the other way round!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I think Southampton have got a too much to do and they aren''t consistent enough. Often a blinding result like against us or Leeds has been followed by a disapointing one. If they did make it into the play offs such would be their momentum it would be foolish to bet against them. Its true that the quality of this league has been woeful at times. Thats why I have sympathy for Leeds fans. The prospect of a 4th year at this level would be too much for me to take if it happened to Norwich[/quote]Same here mate - I agree with all of that! [Y]Southampton will miss out on the play offs in my opinion have them down to just edge Huddersfield in to 8th spot possibly, but both teams will be about 5 points or so adrift of making the play-offs in my opinion.  I really can''t see any of the teams in the top 6 at the moment dropping out of the play off picture.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="willynaylor"]I think the style of football has been horrible all season. We got a lot of luck earlier in the season, thats just run out now. I think it probably was a combination of the factors you mention. He could definitely have accepted 1 of the 3 beckford bids and concentrated on getting a replacement. Confirmed by a mate of mine close to the club that beckford and grayson had a huge bust up Where the f*ck do we go from here? We are a complete basket case of a football club[/quote]

Willy, it does look bad and, of course, compared to where you were at one point it is bad. Having only gained eleven points from the last ten games is close to relegation form. However, Leeds are still in the pole position for at least the second automatic spot. There may be a disconnect between some of the players and/or manager but the team has shown it can play on the big occasions this season. The only thing that counts is what happens from here on. That requires the players to show they have the required character. Your first opportunity for the big occasion comes on Saturday. If you fail in that one and, even in a worst case scenario, I cannot see any likelihood of Leeds missing a play-off spot, in which case the players will have another opportunity to play for the right to a real big occasion. If you fail to capitalise on those opportunities yet to come then you know your club doesn''t deserve promotion and the changes will need to be rung for next season. It''s football, which is why we love it so much.

[/quote]Agree with all of that Crankee... it has to be time to worry when I agree with everything in one of your posts! [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Agree with all of that Crankee... it has to be time to worry when I agree with everything in one of your posts! [Y]
[/quote]

No Smudger, as usual, you''re wrong again. The time to worry is when you go to sleep with a woman with a knife under her pillow.