Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

I know you're all laughing at us (Leeds)...

...and deservedly so.

The wheels have come off - tonight we were humbled, just like we were 9 days ago at southampton..nor beaten, but put in our place like naughty little schoolboys.

I know you''ve had a few Leeds tossers on here giving it the big ''I am'' - well let it be known that they are a massive embarassment to the genuine supporters we have.

Great 4 pts away from home for you boys at Hudds and Swindon, and of course should have been 6.

The differences between us and you guys are staggering. Im totally and utterly sick after tonight and Im fearing a 5/6/7 scoreline on saturday. Where the hell do we go from here?

Congrats and best of luck for next season - hope you do well.

[quote user="willynaylor"]...and deservedly so. The wheels have come off - tonight we were humbled, just like we were 9 days ago at southampton..nor beaten, but put in our place like naughty little schoolboys. I know you''ve had a few Leeds tossers on here giving it the big ''I am'' - well let it be known that they are a massive embarassment to the genuine supporters we have. Great 4 pts away from home for you boys at Hudds and Swindon, and of course should have been 6. The differences between us and you guys are staggering. Im totally and utterly sick after tonight and Im fearing a 5/6/7 scoreline on saturday. Where the hell do we go from here? Congrats and best of luck for next season - hope you do well.[/quote]

Thanks Willy but what are the facts behind Beckford - cant beleive as some are suggesting that he was rested tonight -

I know its obvious now but you should have got rid in January and bought Rickie Lambert.

I don''t think it will be a big scoreline on Saturday. Its going to be a tough game. I would imagine Leeds will come out fighting because they know what a significant game it is and they will want to put that dispaly tonight right. However confidence must be extremely fragile now. The players won''t need reminding that Leeds were 15 points or so ahead of Norwich in October. Fair play to you for coming on here despite that performance tonight.

We had been saying for a few weeks now that you really shouldn''t have been coming onto this website trying to wind us up, instead concentrate on looking over your shoulder.

Thankfully one by one you''ve stopped and hopefully after tonight all of you will follow suit.

[quote user="WAFLL"]Yep definitely, is the loan market still open?  [/quote]Lol, don''t think so.And surely you don''t need another striker after the inspired move that is Paul Dickov?

If its a bust up it must have been a cracker to have left him out of the squad altogether.

hopefully we''ll sign lowry and parker will be in at LB.

I dont mind coming on here - you''re a fair-minded lot and dont seem to hate us that much - I think reasoned debate between rival fans is healthy anyway.

Grayson looked a broken man tonight...he may have had a bust-up, but once again this has proven to be an impossible job

Lets see how your supporters conduct themselves this Saturday in our fine City and how your players behave on the pitch.

Southampton got a lot of credit for beating us (but they are inconsistent) and so would Leeds if they did it the right way.

Unless you beat us we are no longer your rivals. You have to look at second place and the battle Leeds have is with themselves.

It all began with your cup runs. Norwich mysteriously dipped out at Carlisle in the cup but Leeds, led by egotistical players and fair weather fans over exerted themselves for no long term gain.

Personally, after Saturday, Leeds can go on a great run and come second.

[quote user="willynaylor"]hopefully we''ll sign lowry and parker will be in at LB.

I dont mind coming on here - you''re a fair-minded lot and dont seem to hate us that much - I think reasoned debate between rival fans is healthy anyway.

Grayson looked a broken man tonight...he may have had a bust-up, but once again this has proven to be an impossible job[/quote]Despite it all being so predictable, it is quite stunning comparing Leeds tonight to the Leeds of the first half of the season.Even by Leeds standards this has been a massive slump.

Thanks for your kind words.

I am surprised that it has all gone so wrong for Leeds. I thought you would get it sorted and be challenging us hard again for the title particularly after the Tranmere result.

Not sure about us beating you by 5/6/7 although I''m sure some of the fans on here will be making such bold predictions. Personally, I''d be happy with 1-0. Having said that, with your fragile confidence an early goal for us will be a test of your lots resolve!

The main difference between us and everyone else is that over the last couple of months we have managed to churn out results when playing badly and when key players have been missing - 6 points from 9 when Holt was out and maximum points when Russell was out. To be honest, until the last 3 games we have not played that great since the Col U game in mid Jan (I''m not gloating by the way, honest!).

I just really hope we keep digging out results and secure promotion asap. Don''t want to be in this league next year as Southampton are going to absolutely run away with it!

[quote user="willynaylor"]hopefully we''ll sign lowry and parker will be in at LB. I dont mind coming on here - you''re a fair-minded lot and dont seem to hate us that much - I think reasoned debate between rival fans is healthy anyway. Grayson looked a broken man tonight...he may have had a bust-up, but once again this has proven to be an impossible job[/quote]

He looked a bit lost tonight, almost like he had run out of ideas. What has gone so wrong? Was the good start you had fortunate? Was it the Beckford situation? Or the fixture backlog? Or a mixture of all the above? Whilst we are all mocking Spainboy at the time I privately agreed with him. When we got beat at Elland Road I didnt think there was anyway we could catch Leeds.

Can''t see him wanting to bust a gut or injure himself if he''s off at the end of the season.

Still, you''ve wisely managed to secure the services of Paul Dickov.

Maybe if, as so many on here keep stating, we could show the same level of ambition, we might be able to bring in a player or two mid season.

[quote user="City1st"]Can''t see him wanting to bust a gut or injure himself if he''s off at the end of the season. Still, you''ve wisely managed to secure the services of Paul Dickov. Maybe if, as so many on here keep stating, we could show the same level of ambition, we might be able to bring in a player or two mid season.[/quote]

[Y]

I think the style of football has been horrible all season.

We got a lot of luck earlier in the season, thats just run out now.

I think it probably was a combination of the factors you mention. He could definitely have accepted 1 of the 3 beckford bids and concentrated on getting a replacement.

Confirmed by a mate of mine close to the club that beckford and grayson had a huge bust up

Where the f*ck do we go from here? We are a complete basket case of a football club

. The players won''t need reminding that Leeds were 15 points or so ahead of Norwich in October.........

Leeds were 21 points ahead of Millwall in January & now it''s 3!!!

Millwall are def a team in form

[quote user="willynaylor"]I think the style of football has been horrible all season.

We got a lot of luck earlier in the season, thats just run out now.

I think it probably was a combination of the factors you mention. He could definitely have accepted 1 of the 3 beckford bids and concentrated on getting a replacement.

Confirmed by a mate of mine close to the club that beckford and grayson had a huge bust up

Where the f*ck do we go from here? We are a complete basket case of a football club[/quote]Bates not releasing money in January must have been a factor, I mean whats the point of having a "promotion war chest" if you blow promotion?A decent striker and a midfielder would have made all the difference to the rest of your season.

[quote user="willynaylor"]I think the style of football has been horrible all season. We got a lot of luck earlier in the season, thats just run out now. I think it probably was a combination of the factors you mention. He could definitely have accepted 1 of the 3 beckford bids and concentrated on getting a replacement. Confirmed by a mate of mine close to the club that beckford and grayson had a huge bust up Where the f*ck do we go from here? We are a complete basket case of a football club[/quote]

It was a strange move not to sell Beckford. I always thought one of the golden rules of management was that the minute a player no longer wanted to play for the club you got rid. What are his chances of playing on Saturday. Are we talking about a Riera style rift? Any news on Snodgrass as well?

Fair play to you for coming on here mate, unlike a certain Leeds fan who not so long ago was telling us how we were playing for 2nd etc etc.

Hope that after Saturday you guys get yourselves over the line, some genuine Leeds fans out there that deserve not to be tarnished with the same brush a few of the muppets that support your club.

This group of players we have set about getting Macca sacked. They now obviously no longer like Grayson in charge and are doing the same thing.I hate football, I really do... players nowadays really dont give a **** and still get to go pick up their thousands of pounds a week.

[quote user="WAFLL"]This group of players we have set about getting Macca sacked. They now obviously no longer like Grayson in charge and are doing the same thing.I hate football, I really do... players nowadays really dont give a **** and still get to go pick up their thousands of pounds a week.

[/quote]Amen to that. While I would take a degree of satisfaction from seeing Leeds not go up, I would feel sorry for the decent fans amongst them in that one egotistical player has done more than most to halt their momentum.

It''s all gone wrong for Leeds as their players are knackered!City for the first time in ages have options on the bench. If someone is injured or suspended we are able to change things and still win matches. Leeds seem to rely on the same few players, and when they don''t turn up they are left with some pretty mediocre stuff.I don''t think Saturday will be easy by any means, and realistically if we perform like we did against Southampton, we could get a shock. I have enough faith in Lambert and the team not to let this happen though!

nothing wrong with a rival fan coming on here whatsoever as long as the reason is for healthy debate pre/post the week''s game in my opinion....but like others have said sadly you seem to have more idiots then most and it''s for this reason every neutral fan in the country probably wants leeds to blow it once more, though it must be infuriating for the genuine fans to see such a declineWith no beckford or kisnorbo I honestly can''t see anything but a similar result for us that Millwall achieved sadly for you. Millwall are a very decent side though and bang on form so tonights result wasn''t a shock.The ONLY positive for Leeds at the moment for me is how shocking colchester and charlton also are. For me it''s millwall/leeds 2nd, then the loser of that to be in with a chance of the play off winners with swindon and huddersfield

[quote user="willynaylor"]...and deservedly so.

The wheels have come off - tonight we were humbled, just like we were 9 days ago at southampton..nor beaten, but put in our place like naughty little schoolboys.

I know you''ve had a few Leeds tossers on here giving it the big ''I am'' - well let it be known that they are a massive embarassment to the genuine supporters we have.

Great 4 pts away from home for you boys at Hudds and Swindon, and of course should have been 6.

The differences between us and you guys are staggering. Im totally and utterly sick after tonight and Im fearing a 5/6/7 scoreline on saturday. Where the hell do we go from here?

Congrats and best of luck for next season - hope you do well.[/quote]I''m not laughing at you.To me Leeds are as insignificant as all the other teams are in this pub league.The best team will win it, the 2nd best team finish 2nd and the rest really, really, really are not very good!PS - I am pretty sure that it will not be anything like 5 or 6 to us on Saturday.  Your team might just surprise you!

[quote user="The Lord"]nothing wrong with a rival fan coming on here whatsoever as long as the reason is for healthy debate pre/post the week''s game in my opinion....but like others have said sadly you seem to have more idiots then most and it''s for this reason every neutral fan in the country probably wants leeds to blow it once more, though it must be infuriating for the genuine fans to see such a declineWith no beckford or kisnorbo I honestly can''t see anything but a similar result for us that Millwall achieved sadly for you. Millwall are a very decent side though and bang on form so tonights result wasn''t a shock.The ONLY positive for Leeds at the moment for me is how shocking colchester and charlton also are. For me it''s millwall/leeds 2nd, then the loser of that to be in with a chance of the play off winners with swindon and huddersfield[/quote]I can''t see Huddersfield making the play-offs and even fancy Southampton to maybe edge ahead of them in to 7th place.I fancy Swindon to win the play-offs if they have a fully fit squad to choose from.  Will be important for them to have both Austin and Paynter fit especially.

I think Southampton have got a too much to do and they aren''t consistent enough. Often a blinding result like against us or Leeds has been followed by a disapointing one. If they did make it into the play offs such would be their momentum it would be foolish to bet against them. Its true that the quality of this league has been woeful at times. Thats why I have sympathy for Leeds fans. The prospect of a 4th year at this level would be too much for me to take if it happened to Norwich