Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Whitbread injured again

In the reserve match limped off after 39 minutes. I hope this is not going to change from one of our best signings to a disaster. 

Interestingly Askou was also sustituted after 45 minutes - presumably to ensure he is fit for the bench on Saturday in Whitbreads absence.

Very interesting mate...I said in January that I would of liked to of seen another centre half brought in, but at the time all I got back was that we would have Whitbread and Askou both fit and fighting for a place in the starting line up in a matter of a few weeks.Well we are still waiting for that scenario to happen aren''t we?

[quote user="Smudger"]Very interesting mate...

I said in January that I would of liked to of seen another centre half brought in, but at the time all I got back was that we would have Whitbread and Askou both fit and fighting for a place in the starting line up in a matter of a few weeks.

Well we are still waiting for that scenario to happen aren''t we?
[/quote]

Assuming Drury is on the bench Saturday ( not yet convinced he might play due to his experince ) be interesting to see if Lambert puts Askou or Spillane on the bench. It will certainly tell us what Lamberts opinion is of Askou

I am worried about Whitbread''s fitness - anyone can have a bit of bad luck with injuries but this guy seems to be heading beyond that. I know a couple of Millwall fans and they spoke highly of him when we got him but did say he had been crocked for a long while.

I watched the ressies last night.  Whitbread had to come off due to quite a bad tackle on him.  Somehow the ref did not book the Watford player.  He played on for quite a bit but probably came off as more of a precaution.  Askou came off with what looked like a worse injury than Zak''s.  He was hobbling down the touchline after he came off.  I would not have thought either would be fit for Saturday, but Whitbread may be.  I would expect Spillane would be on the bench.  Played fairly well last night.

Said at the time that Whitbread is a great player but injury prone. Hopefully its not too long. Askou I thought would be fit by now. We have just got to hope Nelson and the Doc keep it going. They may not be everyone''s cup of tea, there may be issues about their pace and distribution but we have steadily climbed the table and they have both been a constant in that run.

For me, there isn''t much between Askou, Whitbread and the Doc. Nelson, I believe, falls slightly short because of distribution issues.