Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

If We Scored Early...

Don''t get me wrong I expect Saturday to be a very tough game but I can''t help but feel the way Leeds are playing at the moment that a good start and an early goal would kill them. It would drain what confidence is left and get the crowd going. I could see a big win potentially if that happened. Is it wishful thinking?

Everything points to us winning comfortably on Saturday and there are various posts elsewhere predicting 3, 4-0 to us.

I feel really uncomfortable about it, and, given a draw, right here, right now, would take it, no problem. The very fact that everything points to us winning makes me think we probably won''t-as has happened countless times before, notably, Bradford, at home, championship season, us on a good run; them bottom and on a grim one...we lost 1-0.

Agree with the point of the thread (sorry to ramble) that an eary goal is crucial-just as conceding an early goal is, if not,even more so to avoid. When their backs are against the wall and they''re not expected to get anything (at Old Trafford?) they tend to turn it on & the very nature of the club, players and supporters means they will be up for us far more than most of their last 8-10 league games-and it''ll show.

Will be very very tight and 1-0, to us or them.

*1000th post-well well well....

Well that was the point about that Bradford game. We failed to get a goal, they had something to work with and as a result grew in confidence as the game went on. Armstrong the ex binner got the goal I believe. I hope Naylor doesnt get one....

Good point Old Shuck, that reminds me of a second tier game in the 80s.  We were playing Luton I think, and were in the top 3, on a promotion hunt.  They were comfortably bottom.  Well, for one reason or another we were late getting into the ground, we arrived with 20 minutes gone, to find that we were 3-0 down.  I think we got one back, but that was it, a 3-1 defeat against the team that were by far the worst in the league.You never know with Norwich.