Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Late Kick Off Insulting our Intelligence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?q=late%20kick%20offWhy is it all the other regional versions get professional presenters like Jonathan Pearce, Manish Bhasin, Guy Mowbray and Mark Chapman etc and we get a completely amatuer novice in Matt Holland, who has been so poor and out of his depth, and aside from the goal action the whole show has been so amatuerish.I actually find this a little bit offensive in a way, as if the BBC are thinking oh its only the country bumpkins of East Anglia Norwich and Ipswich supporters, they wont notice if we use a complete tool as a presenter.

Trouble is that we are so accustomed to being poked fun at (Inbreds, 6 fingers, Partridge, carrot crunchers, A11 longest cul-de-sac in the Uk etc etc) that some of us have become a little paranoid and we look for slight in everything. Let me hastily add that I am not suggesting that CONT (sic !) is paranoid but ....  An example of my own paranoia is today when I read my newspaper the Daily Mail (I''m a right wing fascist). I''m always bemoaning the fact that our games get FA coverage (and that''s not Football Assoc of course) and there several pages in from the back was a quarter page report on the Leeds v Millwall game. Proof positive of media bias I thought then i reminded myself that actually it was probably because there wasn''t any other football on last night !

Come on barclayman, you''re not really insulted are you?

If someone slags off your mother, that''s the time to be insulted. I think Holland is ok and will go on to be very good. He''s better than most ex-player presenters at the same stage. Sure Manish is a properly trained presenter, but i don''t rate him on the FLS which i think has gone backwards since it started, not helped by Claridge who gets worse with every show. He''ll say any old cliche if he thinks it sounds good.

At least Holland has recent and relevant experience and knowledge - i value that more than being a smoothy in front of the camera. So long as you''re not totally hopeless. The presenting side of it will come.

Having worked all over the country,I have seen plenty of regional tv, and ours is no different to anywhere else.

I agree its silly to get paranoid.

Poeple do ridicule us, but people in other areas feel that they are just as ridiculed.

Its not important.

To be honest I think it''s improving every week, Holland''s not too bad for an ex scummer and they do at least share the features around between the local teams.

[quote user="Rivvo"]To be honest I think it''s improving every week, Holland''s not too bad for an ex scummer and they do at least share the features around between the local teams.[/quote] Rivvo,is that a ref to mark rivers? and what happened to him? the 2 best players crew gave us, rivers and deano

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Don''t watch it then.[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]Lol, stupid old man, take your petty E-beef and shove it.[:)]

Can we give the slagging off of Matt Holland as a bad tv presenter a rest now please?! Is he and the show itself really that bad or do people just love to poke fun and complain about anything they can because they can''t do so at our football team this season. If the show is as bad as some people make out then don''t watch it and stop whinging FFS. I actually enjoy watching a show focussed on our football region and having our club as the centre of attention every week. Sure Holland may be a poor mans Gary Lineker but atleast he is getting better which makes this constant Matt Holland bashing very petty IMO.

At least wardrobe are getting Matt Hooland out of plain black shirts into black shirt with stripes, so can you can almost see him. Either that or the studio colours need changing. The whole set-up is a very dull colour scheme and too dark. Whilst I know this is secondary to the football, it does nothing to enhance the programme.Nice to see the goals from The Milk Cup at the end though

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Don''t watch it then.
[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

Lol, stupid old man, take your petty E-beef and shove it.

[:)]
[/quote]

2 minute response time. Wow.

I presume you''re finding it difficult to get a job.

OTBC

It may insult your intelligence but don''t forget that even on here we have Nana, Quelchy  and TOLL who must find Holland unbearably highbrow and that is before you take Ipswich and Colchester into account.  Taking things as a whole, perhaps it should be shown on BBc Four?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Sometimes the mean-spirited nature of your posts really takes me by surprise. I often think that you''re (a little) unfairly ridiculed on here but then you go and say something like this and you justify all of it in a few words.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Don''t watch it then.[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]Lol, stupid old man, take your petty E-beef and shove it.[:)][/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]BBB I hope you''re never in a position where you become unemployed for any reason and then have to suffer the many insults from ignorant posters taking the wotsit. I despair that some posters feel it is funny to ridicule the unemployed. Being unemployed is no fun and yes I do speak from experience. In this current climate, it is not easy for a great many people to get work so I suggest you take stop being so pathetic with your insults.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

BBB I hope you''re never in a position where you become unemployed for any reason and then have to suffer the many insults from ignorant posters taking the wotsit. I despair that some posters feel it is funny to ridicule the unemployed. Being unemployed is no fun and yes I do speak from experience.

In this current climate, it is not easy for a great many people to get work so I suggest you take stop being so pathetic with your insults.
[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Stupid comment.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

BBB I hope you''re never in a position where you become unemployed for any reason and then have to suffer the many insults from ignorant posters taking the wotsit. I despair that some posters feel it is funny to ridicule the unemployed. Being unemployed is no fun and yes I do speak from experience.

In this current climate, it is not easy for a great many people to get work so I suggest you take stop being so pathetic with your insults.
[/quote]

Agreed

[/quote]

When he/she stops gratuitously insulting ''old people'' and stating that they ''smell of urine'' then maybe I''ll ease up.

Fair enough?

OTBC

quote user="Woman in the Stands (WITS)"quote user="BlyBlyBabes"quote user="morty"quote user="BlyBlyBabes"

Blimey, that''s wildly OTT isn''t it. Bly wasn''t ridiculing "the unemployed" he was (understandably) having a poke back at Morty and his unpleasant, ageist insult. By the same token, Morty wasn''t ridiculing old people either (or I don''t think he was anyway) . I know it''s difficult (on here) but some perspective please.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Anyone know what Lineker was like when he started?[/quote]

About as good as Holland is now.

So, by that token, in about 15 years time Holland should be a smug, annoying idiot.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Anyone know what Lineker was like when he started?[/quote]

About as good as Holland is now.

So, by that token, in about 15 years time Holland should be a smug, annoying idiot.

[/quote]He''s already annoying!