Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

kinda OT:

But assuming we go up who would you most like to get relegated from the premiership? we all know pompey are down but would you like two easy teams scuh as wolves & burnley to come down or two good teams that could be a good day out like west ham & wigan or sunderland?

Sunderland have recently found some form so they will probably stay up but I would like to play Wigan or Hull although Burnley are most likely of the four to go down.

I''m looking for clubs who would have less money, so I suppose naturally it would be Pompey, Hull and Burnley. Wouldn''t want Wolves and WetSpam in the same division.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Pompey for sure

any 2 of wolves, hull, burnley, wigan. IMO

[/quote]Yeah they all are teams which I do not really think are ''big clubs'' and think they have pretty poor support. [:S]

I really want Burnley to stay up.The reason?  In the last decade, our record at Turf Moor: played 8, won 1, drawn 1, lost 6.  Burnley 2 Norwich 0 must have become the most predictable scoreline in football.

[quote user="Canaryette"]Pompey, Hull and Wolves[/quote]

alan hansen off guess work??

wolves go down....quite a comedian

Think the 3 that are there now will be relegated, maybe replaced Burnley with West Ham with some last day nail biting action....

After last night''s appalling no-show I wouldn''t bet against West Ham. 

When Sullivan and Gold took over, they hit the headlines with some vitriolic comments about their players wages.  You couldn''t disagree with most of what they said, but given their experience in football it was extremely surprising that they made it so public, so early in their tenure and with Premiership survival by no means guaranteed. 

It would be no surprise if there was an air of rebellion around the place, with Zola as pig in the middle. 

If West Spam drop, do you think they will sell Robert Green?

We''d get a nice boost to our own player budget from the sell on clause

(if I''m not mistaken)

[quote user="canary cherub "]

After last night''s appalling no-show I wouldn''t bet against West Ham. 

When Sullivan and Gold took over, they hit the headlines with some vitriolic comments about their players wages.  You couldn''t disagree with most of what they said, but given their experience in football it was extremely surprising that they made it so public, so early in their tenure and with Premiership survival by no means guaranteed. 

It would be no surprise if there was an air of rebellion around the place, with Zola as pig in the middle. 

[/quote]

To add:  last week Sullivan and Gold froze the image rights payments for 7 of their key players including Parker and Green.  They claim it''s a precaution pending clarification of the tax status of these payments, but no other club has done this afaik.

Sullivan and Gold are very experienced football club owners.  The way they''re behaving, anyone would think they''d be quite happy if West Ham did go down.  Â£32m in parachute payments over two years, and it would give them the opportunity to radically restructure. 

Have parachute payments become a "moral hazard" ie. a disincentive to the owners of struggling clubs to try and keep them up??? [:^)]  You could argue that they were for Norwich in 2005 - relegation from the Premiership with a net profit of over £9m, with £22m in parachute money to come - lovely jubbly. Very short sighted of course, as we now know, but tempting nevertheless.

[quote user="GinjaCanary"]If West Spam drop, do you think they will sell Robert Green? We''d get a nice boost to our own player budget from the sell on clause (if I''m not mistaken)[/quote]

Better still, buy him and loan him for next season to a Prem team and then when we win the Championship next season we can recall him back!!

[quote user="GinjaCanary"]If West Spam drop, do you think they will sell Robert Green? We''d get a nice boost to our own player budget from the sell on clause (if I''m not mistaken)[/quote]

I actually thought that he should have done a lot better with two of the gold scum''s goals last night.