Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Help required for Orient

Couldn''t get train back from the Orient game so looks like I''m driving down. Can any of you suggest the best underground station to aim for as I intend on spending some time in London prior to the game.

Alternatively how do i get tickets on the 11.30 train back from Liverpool Street? (two required)

Thanks in advance

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m going to be parking in Epping and getting the tube from there.[/quote]Careful with Epping though as car park can get full as its normally full of commuters in the day. We sometimes go to Cockfosters (Yes i know the name is stupid before anyone says) when we go to london but the only problem with that is though is that it will take you ages to get there

Redbridge is a good tube station to aim for mate and easy to find too as you see it when directly coming off the M11.How come you couldn''t get tickets on the train?  Have the sold out/ran out of room?Not sure if we are driving or catching the train yet as my Bro can''t decide whether he wants to drive or not.  He doesn''t want to drive but says he wants to be back before 1:30am.  If you were to get the 10:30pm train back to Norwich would there be enough time to go back to Liverpool Street?  I know that you can prob catch the train if making the connection at Stratford instead, but I may have some stuff which I would want to leave in left luggage at Liverpool Street - as I was considering going down for early afternoon and doing some shopping in Covent Garden if going on the train.Can''t recall whether Statford has left luggage that I can get at that time of night, although possibly does as quite a big station?

You can book online for the train at nationalrail.co.uk - still advance fares available, two adults for £28 on the 23.30 at the moment which isn''t bad at all.

Another alternative is to leave your car at Blackhorse Road Station (A503) just off MII. Decent, well-lit car park (last time I was there anyway!). If you wanted to go into London first, you could go direct on the Victoria Line or, if going straight to the ground, take the 158 bus (heading towards Stratford ) and go direct to Leyton Station (about 25 minutes).Has the advantage that you are well placed for getting back to the M11.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Couldn''t get train back from the Orient game so looks like I''m driving down. Can any of you suggest the best underground station to aim for as I intend on spending some time in London prior to the game.

Alternatively how do i get tickets on the 11.30 train back from Liverpool Street? (two required)

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

The Trainline.com shows tickets available on the 11.30pm out of Liverpool St which also stops at Stratford at 11.38pm for £14 each.Tickets are available on all trains from Norwich throughout the day.It is cheapest if you buy single fare each way rather than a return.I cannot see where you had the problem mate.

Thanks to you all for your help, going to try the train route again but last time I tried only the 20.30 or 21.30 available. If not will follow one of the above solutions.

Thanks again. ( forgot to mention I''ll be taking Banna with me[:D])

Anyone got any info. on the two pubs quoted as being close to the ground - Coach and Horses or The Three Blackbirds - is one preferred for away fans?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

For anyone driving and getting on the tube, this link might be of use:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx

Newbury Park and Epping look like good bets out in Essex.

[/quote]

Only trouble is Newbury Park and Epping car parks will be full of commuter cars cos you''ll be getting down there before they all leave and the traffic wardens are super hot around the stations to stop anybody sneaking into the permit zones.

My advice would be to opt for one of the overground stations such as Harold Wood, Brentwood, Shenfield or Chelmsford. The car parks tend to be bigger and you can get the trains out from Stratford without having to wait for the norwich bound services.

On another note, anyone without a reservation on the 2230 or 2330 my advice would be to jump on a stopping service to Colchester or even Scum, cos the intercity services will be emptier by the time they reach there and you should be able to complete your journey!

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]My advice would be to opt for one of the overground stations such as Harold Wood, Brentwood, Shenfield or Chelmsford. The car parks tend to be bigger and you can get the trains out from Stratford without having to wait for the norwich bound services.[/quote]I often use Shenfield for midweek home matches and you''ll have no problem parking from around 4pm onwards as the earlybirds in to work start to leave.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I often use Shenfield for midweek home matches and you''ll have no problem parking from around 4pm onwards as the earlybirds in to work start to leave.
[/quote]

Its decent access back out on to the A12 as well from there as well for those Norfolk bound, and you can catch the Metro, Mainline or Southend Vic services from Stratford. Cheers for Saturday btw, had no probs on the train or at Reading coming home, DC

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]Its decent access back out on to the A12 as well from there as well for those Norfolk bound, and you can catch the Metro, Mainline or Southend Vic services from Stratford. Cheers for Saturday btw, had no probs on the train or at Reading coming home, DC[/quote]That''s good.  We ended up catching the 22:31 back from Swindon!

I live in Leyton and we regularly drive up to Norwich and back. Depending on what time you are planning on getting to & leaving London it generally takes about 10 minutes to get from Leyton to the M11. Obviuously not at rush hour but certainly after the game. Parking in Leyton is not difficult as most of the streets are not permit parking as in some parts of London.

But if you don''t want to come into Leyton, Redbridge as previously posted would be a good bet.

I am looking forward to walking to a match for the first time in nearly 16 years!!!

[quote user="john ames"]I live in Leyton and we regularly drive up to Norwich and back. Depending on what time you are planning on getting to & leaving London it generally takes about 10 minutes to get from Leyton to the M11. Obviuously not at rush hour but certainly after the game. Parking in Leyton is not difficult as most of the streets are not permit parking as in some parts of London.

But if you don''t want to come into Leyton, Redbridge as previously posted would be a good bet.

I am looking forward to walking to a match for the first time in nearly 16 years!!![/quote]I live in Upper Clapton, will be the first time ever I''ve walked to a match Norwich from home!  I did a similar walk earlier in the season for Leyton v Lowestoft in the Ryman North!