Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Beckford dropped, not injured...

A mate just told me that radio 2 are saying he is injured and WILL miss the game Saturday, whoop-whoop (if true)

Rumour I''ve heard, from a Leeds fan friend of mine, is that Beckford was involved in a training ground bust-up, supposedly when Dickov ''introduced himself'', so to speak...

Its obvious that without Beckford in the lineup, Leeds are a bottom-half of the table squad.  The results indicate that quite clearly.  Grayson is also aware that his job is hanging by a thread here.  If there is any possibility that Beckford can play against us, he will play, scans or no scans.  I''m quite worried about the Leeds match as when backed against a wall, an injured animal can still cause damage.  I''d be pleased with a draw.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Its obvious that without Beckford in the lineup, Leeds are a bottom-half of the table squad.  The results indicate that quite clearly.  Grayson is also aware that his job is hanging by a thread here.  If there is any possibility that Beckford can play against us, he will play, scans or no scans.  I''m quite worried about the Leeds match as when backed against a wall, an injured animal can still cause damage.  I''d be pleased with a draw.[/quote]For a start I don''t agree that Beckford is the only reason why they''ve led the league for most of the year. As spainboy kept telling us, they do have a large and quality squad, albeit one suffering a severe attack of the yips, mainly at home. The unrealistic scum they call "fans" are a big part of that problem.They do actually have a number of quality players who could all step up a division.Having said that I also disagree we should be happy with a draw... eh?They''ve just lost two on the spin and got done 2-0 at home last night, lost their best centre back and probably striker, and maybe their playmaker. We''re playing them at home, 8 points clear at the top of the League, having taken 4 points from 6, away from home, at two quality top six teams.Come on mate!

Don''t know what they''re saying on WACCOE but just had it confirmed from a reliable Leeds supporting source that Beckford had a hissy fit at Grayson and was told he was being dropped, at which he stormed out and hasn''t been to training since...

Of course I''d prefer a win, but looking at the table, should Leeds pull a rabbit out of a hat and beat us, and should Millwall beat Stockport (likely), then we''re not sitting quite as pretty as we are right now. All I care about is promotion, and while we should win this league, chances are promotion will hinge on those teams directly below us (Leeds and to a lesser extent Millwall) not getting 3 points in their matches, but rather 1 or 0 as there are only 9 games left.

It would be a massive cock up for us not to go up now, it really would, reguardless of what happens on saturday. I just did a BBC predictor and predicted our results as bad as realisticly possible and we still finished top by 5 points.

Heard on the radio today that he''s injured and will have a fitness test on Friday, rating him 50/50 at the moment.

I would take a draw on Saturday as that almost keeps things as they are now... as I don''t feel overly optimistic on this one.  I think regardless if Beckford plays, they will definitely have their back sides up for this one especially after their poor display Monday night against Milwall.  Now that they have signed this new defender on loan from Preston they shouldn''t be really hurting anywhere.  I think it will be a very tough match...but one I,m looking forward to.  I just hope the Ref (Probert) doesn''t spoil it.

Realistically now the team to keep an eye on are Millwall. They are playing Stockport on Saturday which should be a home banker really. Would be nice to get a win to preserve that lead. Leeds are definitely there for the taking so I would''nt take a point before kick off.

If Beckford doesn''t score Leeds don''t win, they''ve got good players and I don''t agree that without him they''re a bottom of the half table squad, however... they do need his finishing.

Obviously I''d love for Norwich to win, but I''d love even more if we had a fantastic match against Leeds, with their strongest team (including Beckford of course). How great would we feel if we can beat Leeds with Beckford in the team! Would put the ''Forster miskick'' hoodoo to bed.