Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Beware the underdog

For the first time in many years we are rightly full of optimisum, confidence is sky high & the champague is chilling nicely, we have a fantastic game to look forward to saturday & come 4.45pm we could have 1 foot in the championship, the thought has me buzzin & willing the weekend to get here. Saturday evening could be 1 mega BIG piss up. Unfortunately theres always an if or a but, & with the mantle of champions elect being quoted by newspapers & tv critics alike we are ripe for an upset, Leeds must be hurting following yet another complete no show & are fast approaching the last chance saloon as far as catching us, so they come to FCR as underdogs & with fans rounding on them, we have seen this season at Man U & Spurs that they are very dangerous when handed this label, Im sure that PL will have everyone up for the fight, lets just hope our players are focused, unlike some of our past teams that have choaked on the big occasions, personally I think we will nick it 2-1 but we have to stay positive & get behind the team for the full 90min makin it a hostile cauldrun of noise that drowns out the northern scum. bring it on!!

I don''t think anyone connected with the club is taking this one for granted. There maybe a knowledge that even a defeat on Saturday is not enough on it''s own to stop us going up and winning the title.

We are capable of beating Leeds. We certainly have the ability and, it has been proven over the past few months, the determination.

Who is the underdog, well I doubt either of us is. They''ve been top long enough this season to know they should still be there. We''ve had to fight from a far, far lower start than they are starting on saturday.

If they''ve something to prove then we certainly have as well. Revenge for the slip up at Elland Road. Proving that we are top on merit - which will be done by beating Leeds on Saturday.

It will be a great contests. Expect the odd sending off and maybe a disputed penalty because neither side will be looking to back down.

Store this one up because you will be one of a hundred thousand in a decade or so who will claim they were there !

Enjoy it

Enjoy it is right, I have a feeling the atmosphere is gonna be really special, agreed it may end up 10 aside & the way beccio (or whatever his name is) was throwin himself on the floor, theres a chance a dodgy official may get conned. As far as no-one being the underdog, purely on current form & with home advantage I think we are clear favorites, could go down as ranking along side the euro nights, chelsea, scum in cup semi final or more recently wolves in play off semi, united, middleborough & newcastle in prem, fingers crossed!! 

[quote user="City1st"]I don''t think anyone connected with the club is taking this one for granted. There maybe a knowledge that even a defeat on Saturday is not enough on it''s own to stop us going up and winning the title. We are capable of beating Leeds. We certainly have the ability and, it has been proven over the past few months, the determination. Who is the underdog, well I doubt either of us is. They''ve been top long enough this season to know they should still be there. We''ve had to fight from a far, far lower start than they are starting on saturday. If they''ve something to prove then we certainly have as well. Revenge for the slip up at Elland Road. Proving that we are top on merit - which will be done by beating Leeds on Saturday. It will be a great contests. Expect the odd sending off and maybe a disputed penalty because neither side will be looking to back down. Store this one up because you will be one of a hundred thousand in a decade or so who will claim they were there ! Enjoy it[/quote]

...Inspiring.....

I pray that the atmosphere is as good as it was against Wolves last year or a Scum game. Love the Carra when it rocks.