Sign in to follow this  
gary

player of the season

I don''t care who wins it , but who agrees that Fraser Forster should be ineligible because he is a loan player , whilst he is definitely responsible for us getting as many points as we have , I think that the player of the year should always go to a contracted player and never a loan player - even last year we had all those loanees and Croft got POTS - and the situation was completely different

Loan Player should never be player of the year

"even last year we had all those loanees and Croft got POTS - and the situation was completely different "

So... you''re saying... you''re wrong then?

No I am saying that the loan players didn;t win - the situation was different because they were rubbish and there was a downbeat feel about the place

"the situation was different because they were rubbish"

So with the situation different - they are valid for POS? Cool! Forster will be please with your validation of his efforts...!

Joking aside, Forster is a PLAYER, playing for us over a SEASON and... well... you could see how they could be put together... ;)

I dont agree with you, however it wont matter because player of the season will be Grant Holt, with no question!!!

but forster is not an NCFC player , he trains with Newcastle more than he does us , he has been great for us , but should not be considered for POTS - the loanees last year were never good enough to be candidates at all , so the problem didn;t exist then

I think Holt will get it anyway and fully deserve it as well

Even if all players are eligible, there can surely be only one outstanding candidate - Grant Holt , nonmstop captain, leading scorer and motivastor of all.

We might have done worse without Forster (remember he cost us a point at Leeds with his poor kicking), but I suggest that without Holt we would probably be in mid table!

Holt. Without question. Goals by the sackful, great all round play, awesome workrate and good leadership. He has been the best of a very good bunch. However you could give special mentions to Doc and Forster who have excelled at the back, Smith and Wes have been the standouts in midfield for me and Martin has also been terrific up front. A nice contrast to last season where my nomination slip read. 1------------- 2---------- 3 Clingan

[quote user=Jerry]

1. Holt

2. Doc

3. Hoolahan

[/quote\]

1. Holt for his goals alone...also runs his nuts off

2. Hooly...instrumental in nearly evey game

3. Forster has made some game winning saves

[quote user="gary "]I don''t care who wins it , but who agrees that Fraser Forster should be ineligible because he is a loan player , whilst he is definitely responsible for us getting as many points as we have , I think that the player of the year should always go to a contracted player and never a loan player - even last year we had all those loanees and Croft got POTS - and the situation was completely different Loan Player should never be player of the year[/quote]

Don''t agree with this - he''s my player of the year.

are you happy for a newcastle player to win our player of the year? nothing against him personally or trying to degrade his contribution , but he is not a norwich player

[quote user="gary "]are you happy for a newcastle player to win our player of the year? nothing against him personally or trying to degrade his contribution , but he is not a norwich player[/quote]

He may not have a contract with us but you cannot deny that he wears the jersey with pride, gives 110% for Norwich, Seems more than happy at the club, has kept us in a hell of a lot of games, has played the majority of games this year (i.e. not a 1 month emergency loan), he celebrates when we score and win and also you can see the passion and anger in him when we let one in,

I''m sorry but it is ridiculous to suggest that he is not eligible for POTS when he has given his all to the cause that is getting Norwich City out of league 1 and I am sure he would welcome another season long loan if the 2 clubs can sort it out over the summer,

He is just as much of a Norwich player as anyone else this season

[quote user="Salopian"]Even if all players are eligible, there can surely be only one outstanding candidate - Grant Holt , nonmstop captain, leading scorer and motivastor of all. We might have done worse without Forster (remember he cost us a point at Leeds with his poor kicking), but I suggest that without Holt we would probably be in mid table![/quote]

I don''t but that yes his kick was poor, but whats one of the first things you teach a kid when playing football "don''t turn your back to the ball". Both Doc & Otsemobor were scratching their arses looking the other way Cardinal sin in my book! Otsemobor cost us the first goal by being caught in no man''s land too.

I don''t give a monkeys whether they are loan players or contacted players, if they have played well enough to deserve POS then they should get it & he deserves to be up there at least!!!!!!

"are you happy for a newcastle player to win our player of the year?"

In Forsters case, yes.

But as people have pointed out - it''s academic as Grolt wins by more than just a nose... ;)

1. Grolt

2. Dr. Whoolahan

3. Forster''s Larger

Forster is a part of the NCFC team, and has been nearly all season. I don''t get how you couldn''t consider him for POTS.

Turn it around, If Grant Holt was on loan to us, would you be saying he shouldn''t be looked at for the award?

i would , yes , any loan player should not be considered , even though Forster has been immense

Unfortunately this is a sad take on the modern football fan. All people see is goals goals goals and lose track of good passing, movement and tackling. I seriously wonder if we has a Gazza or Hoddle in our team at the moment they would get the credit they deserved.

In my opinion Hoolahan is one of the most gifted passers of the ball we have had in a generation at this club. Some of the passes he has played in behind defences this season have been world class. I would also like to mention Korey Smith. We look by far a more average team with out him.

On the subject of Forster, If he can''t win player of the season then he shouldn''t be playing for us. He has played so he should be able to win it!

It''s odd, there seems to be a lot of support for Grant Holt on this thread, yet elsewhere the likes of Smith, Forster and Russell have aquired far more messages of support in the run in.For me it just has to be Holt, and if he continues to play in the same veign as he has all season so far it would be a travesty if he missed out.Holt has scored 28 goals overall this season having done much of the work for a fair few of them alone, with only one penalty going to his name. This is whilst as a striker he has also provided 10 assists in the league (only 3 behind Hoolahan). And even now, i haven''t mentioned just how much effort he puts in in running the pitch (i''ve heard he''s run the biggest distance outside of the Premier League?), his defensive cover work, the constant pressure he applies on the opposition from back to front, and just how great a captain he has been (as good as Doherty has been as a player, when he was given the amband the teams shakiness only made it so much more clear how desperately we needed Holt for his leadership skills during his suspension).I''m a big fan of Hoolahan, always have been, and always will be. And with about 14 goals (5 of which being penalties), and 13 assists as an attacking midfielder, while truly proving to be ''the'' technically outstanding player of League One, he has been one of the few class act that has made us what we are (topping the table, 8 points ahead of our ''closest'' contenders). But for everything he has done, despite the odd stutter in performances, Holt has to win (even in his most recent dip he still managed 3 goals in 5 games... Not bad for a player ''out of form''). Holt has just done too much for us not to recognise him for it with this award.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I voted for Russell. Although I think Holt will win by a landslide.[/quote]

Good for you turnip top

On the original topic, what''s the difference between a loan player and a player who''s out of contract at the end of the season? Everyone knew Croft was leaving, yet he still won the award. I don''t see any reason why a guy on a season-long loan shouldn''t be player of the year. I reckon Forster may well be back next year if we go up, too.

I want to stick up for Wes, too. I''m sure Holt will win it, and I don''t think anyone could seriously disagree with it. But Wes just lights up every game he plays in. This is a horrible league and most of the games have been pretty awful. But at least once in every game, Hoolahan does something worthy of the Premier League, be it a nutmeg, a turn away from a defender, a little dink or an awesome pass. And he''s scored a serious number of goals. He is a class above pretty much everyone else in this league. Don''t get me wrong, I fxxxing love Grant Holt too, but, on the basis of who''s brought me the most pleasure over the season, Dr Whoolahan (great name, by the way, can it catch on?) is my winner.

Holt - Rusty - Wes- Korey,  eeney minney minney moo [:D]