Sign in to follow this  
HoolaGirl

Is it time to feel bad for Leeds?

Credit to Hoolagirl for raising this. It''s no surprise that it takes a female to suggest taking the high road!

I find the whole ''let the c***s rot, dirty scum...'' attitude of some fellow Norwich fans makes me quite uncomfortable.

We''ve got them beat in this league, everyone knows now we''re the best side in this league (even the few left of their own fans who thought they were the best won''t do after last night). It''s a bit like a fight where they''re bloodied and bruised and have held their hands up yet some of us still want to carry on smashing their faces in.

We should be satisfied and happy in the knowledge that we have proven ourselves the best team over the course of the season. It was the same when we got to this stage in our Champ winning season - up until about Jan some still didn''t recognise we had been the best team, but everyone knew the game was up by the time we got Feb March and were still churning out the results.

Yes there''s more to do, but for me, this is in the bag and it''s all i need to just sit back and enjoy the ride through from here. No need for all this hatred.

[quote user="a1canary"]Credit to Hoolagirl for raising this. It''s no surprise that it takes a female to suggest taking the high road!

I find the whole ''let the c***s rot, dirty scum...'' attitude of some fellow Norwich fans makes me quite uncomfortable.

We''ve got them beat in this league, everyone knows now we''re the best side in this league (even the few left of their own fans who thought they were the best won''t do after last night). It''s a bit like a fight where they''re bloodied and bruised and have held their hands up yet some of us still want to carry on smashing their faces in.

We should be satisfied and happy in the knowledge that we have proven ourselves the best team over the course of the season. It was the same when we got to this stage in our Champ winning season - up until about Jan some still didn''t recognise we had been the best team, but everyone knew the game was up by the time we got Feb March and were still churning out the results.

Yes there''s more to do, but for me, this is in the bag and it''s all i need to just sit back and enjoy the ride through from here. No need for all this hatred.[/quote]Great quote. Totally agree.

I agree with A1 too.I have even stopped taking the piss out of a Leeds mate, he''s like a broken man, quite saddening.

[quote user="NCFC91"]And Norwich fans wonder where we get our ''soft touch'' reputation from...[8-)][/quote]Its called being human.Go back to the end of last season and have a think about how Ipswich fans treated us, think about how crap that felt.Leeds aren''t even our hated rivals ffs.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC91"]And Norwich fans wonder where we get our ''soft touch'' reputation from...[8-)][/quote]

Its called being human.

Go back to the end of last season and have a think about how Ipswich fans treated us, think about how crap that felt.

Leeds aren''t even our hated rivals ffs.

[/quote]

[^o)]Its nothing to do with BEING HUMAN I''m just saying we dont have to feel bad for them. Jeez!

[quote user="NCFC91"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC91"]And Norwich fans wonder where we get our ''soft touch'' reputation from...[8-)][/quote]Its called being human.Go back to the end of last season and have a think about how Ipswich fans treated us, think about how crap that felt.Leeds aren''t even our hated rivals ffs.

[/quote]

[^o)]Its nothing to do with BEING HUMAN I''m just saying we dont have to feel bad for them. Jeez!

[/quote]It could all so easily be us, and I would rather be humble in victory.If it was Ipswich in the same position I wouldn''t even consider holding back though.[:)]

well not really, but as a football fan I can understand how they must be feeling - all teams will have some decent fans. I think it is more important to concentrate on making sure we do the business and not slipping up like them. I use the same logic of not laughing at someone by the roadside with a puncture (especially when it''s chucking it down), cos one day that might be me!

Interesting viewpoint 91. If you don''t feel bad for them (and most don''t), that''s fine. But if we decide we don''t want to trample all over them, laugh at them and call them arrogant scum c***s, that makes us a soft touch?

Must not betray any suggestion of sympathy or humanity, lest we be seen as not being ''ard enough! Doesn''t do much for fan stereotypes does it!

Back in the real world, our so called ''soft touch'' can be addressed in the board room and on the pitch, just as Mr McNally and Mr Lambert are doing.

[quote user="HoolaGirl"]Yet another season where it looks like Leeds might end up in the playoffs. I feel sorry for their fans, and I know they''ve come on here a lot to give us grief but how would we feel if we were stuck in this league year after year with such promising starts? Hopefully they stick with their manager as he seems like one of the nicer managers in the league.[/quote]HA HA no!!!!!!!

Marty? Good to see those two back in the avatar. But I''m confused. I thought that fine pair (of hamsters) belonged to Morty...

[quote user="a1canary"]Marty? Good to see those two back in the avatar. But I''m confused. I thought that fine pair (of hamsters) belonged to Morty...[/quote]well the guinea pigs are mine (well at least the one that is still alive is!).

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Of course, during Leeds two great spells you made few friends.  The cynical cheating under Revie and then the cataclysmic spending under O''Leary are two great blights on football which led to many imitators and damned the game for years.

[/quote]

Nail, meet head.

Ever since Revie made it a thing of pride to win at all costs, he also seems to have set in stone the attitude of Leeds'' fans towards their team, their "rightful" place in the footballing world, and indeed the boundaries for their own conduct as fans. And, of course in doing so, he also began the process of permanently contaminating the attitude of most other fans towards Leeds. Moreover, in my view, the disgraceful Ridsdale era was infact merely a continuation of that very same mentality, lying latent but not diminished, so ingrained as it is in the very fibre of the club, the "great man''s" legacy.Quite a legacy, that. Proud club my ar*e.

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Penfold"]http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/

Look at the first picture on this site.

[/quote]

What the plane crash?

[/quote]

Yes. I know Leeds have a rivalry with Manure, but they do go a bit too far...

[/quote]

Odd thing is it''s entitled Leeds United 1998 plane crash  [:^)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Penfold"]http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/Look at the first picture on this site.

[/quote]

What the plane crash?

[/quote]Yes. I know Leeds have a rivalry with Manure, but they do go a bit too far...

[/quote]

[/quote]Ooops. You are correct, I didn''t look at it deeply enough...I don''t have to apologise to Leeds fans now do I? Please don''t make me. [;)]

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Penfold"]http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/

Look at the first picture on this site.

[/quote]

What the plane crash?

[/quote]

Yes. I know Leeds have a rivalry with Manure, but they do go a bit too far...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ooops. You are correct, I didn''t look at it deeply enough...

I don''t have to apologise to Leeds fans now do I? Please don''t make me. [;)]

[/quote]

Hell no lol

I used to love Leeds when they had that great team: Bremner, Lorimer, Giles, Charlton, Reaney, Madedly, Jone etc etc. I was too young to remember that they were just a tad aggressive. But damned good nonetheless. The Revie left and Clough came and....well....

Things for me started to go downhill when some complete Leeds to**er climbed up the fence bewteen the home and away fans in the Barclay and proceeded to unzip himself and show his private bits. I have a feeling that he urinated on us, but that may be just my bad memory. So, whenever I think of Leeds that''s one of the most vivid memories of them, and not a pleasant one it is too.

Nevertheless it was only one t**t, so I suppose it''s a bit unfair to dislike everything about Leeds as a result. But in the absence of a particular reason to like them, I will continue to dislike them (in a nice way, not in a tirade of verbal abuse kind of way).

Maybe I should go to Elland Road and urinate on them from a great height and that will quash the memory in some spooky way.....

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Silly question! NO! I want Norwich to get out of this League ASAP so will never feel sorry for our closest rivals![/quote]

I would say absolutely ridiculous question.

One thing that has always stuck in my mind when people mention Leeds fans, is their rush of fans onto the ptich incident a few years ago against Ipswich, the day they were relegated to league 1, thousands of their fans rushed the pitch while the game was still going and attempted to get into the away section. For me they have 1 too many scumbags to feel anything but joy when you see them suffer.