Sign in to follow this  
johnnyryan1970

celtic

was in the paper on sunday that paul lambert is being tipped to take over at celtic park,,,and after tonights result for celtic mowbray isnt far from getting the boot..any thoughts

[quote user="johnnyryan1970"]was in the paper on sunday that paul lambert is being tipped to take over at celtic park,,,and after tonights result for celtic mowbray isnt far from getting the boot..any thoughts[/quote]

Now don''t hit the Panic button, we have all heared what PL thinks of the SFL I have it on good authority that Magilton is on the short list, along with Rodent and Uncle Fester

I think Lambert''s dropping Hoolahan off at Middlesboro on the way up to Celtic ...

........ or is it Burnley ?

Not too sure

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="johnnyryan1970"]was in the paper on sunday that paul lambert is being tipped to take over at celtic park,,,and after tonights result for celtic mowbray isnt far from getting the boot..any thoughts[/quote]

Now don''t hit the Panic button, we have all heared what PL thinks of the SFL I have it on good authority that Magilton is on the short list, along with Rodent and Uncle Fester

[/quote]who? [:$]

Sacked in the morning, you''re getting sacked in the morning..........

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47532000/jpg/_47532942_mowbray.jpg[/img]

Sssssshhhhhh!

Although if Celtic keep Mowbray till the summer, I can perhaps see Jim Gannon going there? Or John Hughes. I just hope Celtic keep Mowbray till the Summer when hopefully we''ll have been promoted.

Didn''t Lambert knock this one on the head only a few weeks ago?? Saying he didn''t want to manage in the SPL?

[quote user="Lambo"]Didn''t Lambert knock this one on the head only a few weeks ago?? Saying he didn''t want to manage in the SPL?[/quote]

I''d still rest much easier if and when Celitc replace Mowbray with someone other than Lambert. (Owen Coyle situation anyone...)

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Lambo"]Didn''t Lambert knock this one on the head only a few weeks ago?? Saying he didn''t want to manage in the SPL?[/quote]

I''d still rest much easier if and when Celitc replace Mowbray with someone other than Lambert. (Owen Coyle situation anyone...)

[/quote]I hear Roeder''s available

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

I hear Roeder''s available
[/quote]

[Y] He can save them from relegation!

Looks like Mowbray could be sacked today. A couple of Celtic boys who were at the game and work alongside me reckon all the fans want Lambert as the manager and Chris Sutton as his number 2!

We''ll see just how true Lambert is to his word I guess!!

[quote user="Fife Canary"]Looks like Mowbray could be sacked today. A couple of Celtic boys who were at the game and work alongside me reckon all the fans want Lambert as the manager and Chris Sutton as his number 2!

We''ll see just how true Lambert is to his word I guess!![/quote]They may want that but they won''t get it. Why would Sutton want to go back up to Scotland to be number 2? Why would Lambert want to go to a league where the two big clubs are about championship leve and the rest are League one?He has pretty much said so himself apart from anything else.

lambert was in glasgow for the old firm match last month and after he did a interview in the daily record saying how its the first time hes been to a match in ages and how it will be the last because of the abuse the rangers fans gave him its pure hatred in glasgow damarcus beasleys car got petrol bombed couple of months ago mcgregor got attacked and neil lennon got beat up (but he just has one of those faces you want to punch) so my point is i dont think lambert wud risk his family up there in a old firm war zone when he could stay in safe norfolk otbc

Lambert isn''t interested in Celtic because he''s too ambitious to take on that role. The SPL is such a depressing league, it''s no wonder they want to join forces with the Premiership.

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8262903/7/

could only be bothered to go through the first half-dozen or so pages of this, and not even sure that this is the ''main'' Celtic forum, but Lambert''s name comes up surprisingly infrequently.  To be honest, I''d be surprised if a Champions League team like Celtic went for a manager with no experience outside of English division 3 in any case.

jb

[quote user="ulstercanary"]lambert was in glasgow for the old firm match last month and after he did a interview in the daily record saying how its the first time hes been to a match in ages and how it will be the last because of the abuse the rangers fans gave him its pure hatred in glasgow damarcus beasleys car got petrol bombed couple of months ago mcgregor got attacked and neil lennon got beat up (but he just has one of those faces you want to punch) so my point is i dont think lambert wud risk his family up there in a old firm war zone when he could stay in safe norfolk otbc[/quote]

Apparently Lambert has never brought property in Wycombe colchester or Norfolk , his family live somewhere around Glasgow , so from a family point of view it makes sense , however Septic will probably want more of a name - but who would go there with no money and the prem league as it is - they will probably get the manager of Kilmarnock or someone

[quote user="Lambo"]Didn''t Lambert knock this one on the head only a few weeks ago?? Saying he didn''t want to manage in the SPL?[/quote]He did that Lambo.

Lambert has already stated, in so may words, that the SPL is a boring, Micky Mouse league. I think his eventual aim is the Premiership, or maybe one of the top European leagues. Germany perhaps? I don''t expect him to remain loyal to City if the right job became available, but I don''t think Celtic is it.

i thought that he had said that he would not go up to the spl as there was only two teams who could win the title

Here we go again, people making up storys and utter bull. He has stated before he wont be going there so thats it, end of. Why keep bringing it up...