Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Leeds and the loans

Was talking to some City fans this morning who are worried by the new loan players Leeds have brought in,i for one am very happy to see Leeds bring in a few new loan players,they won''t know each other and also they won''t be match fit,i think Leeds are clutching at straws a bit and trying to liven up the squad but imo they don''t have enough to beat us on Saturday new players or not!! What do you guys think?

Its only one loan player in Neill Collins, who is a straight replacement for Kisnorbo. Lowry was already at the club and has been on the bench/fringes of the team.

They have signed Sanchez Watt from Arsenal as well, lets hope their loan signings are about as successful as ours were last season.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Was talking to some City fans this morning who are worried by the new loan players Leeds have brought in,i for one am very happy to see Leeds bring in a few new loan players,they won''t know each other and also they won''t be match fit,i think Leeds are clutching at straws a bit and trying to liven up the squad but imo they don''t have enough to beat us on Saturday new players or not!! What do you guys think?[/quote]

we''ve got enough to beat you new players or not, we showed that earlier in the season. Its not the personnel (in the squad anyway) that are the problem.

To me, its motivational, and we''re shot of confidence, thats why you will win at the weekend, there isn''t a huge gulf in quality

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Was talking to some City fans this morning who are worried by the new loan players Leeds have brought in,i for one am very happy to see Leeds bring in a few new loan players,they won''t know each other and also they won''t be match fit,i think Leeds are clutching at straws a bit and trying to liven up the squad but imo they don''t have enough to beat us on Saturday new players or not!! What do you guys think?[/quote]

we''ve got enough to beat you new players or not, we showed that earlier in the season. Its not the personnel (in the squad anyway) that are the problem.

To me, its motivational, and we''re shot of confidence, thats why you will win at the weekend, there isn''t a huge gulf in quality

[/quote]

Hmm yeah I''d rather have Dickov than Holt anyday. [^o)]

But it can go either way Saturday, thats football.

[/quote]

Yes, because a last minute scuffed clearance by our keeper was part of your overall plan that night!!

We outplayed you, and from that moment onwards realised that if Leeds were the ''best'' team in this league that we had nothing to worry about.

We''ll see if you have ''enough'' to beat us.

[quote user="NCFC91"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

Hmm yeah I''d rather have Dickov than Holt anyday. [^o)]

But it can go either way Saturday, thats football.

[/quote]

Whats your point then? [^o)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

Yes, because a last minute scuffed clearance by our keeper was part of your overall plan that night!!

We outplayed you, and from that moment onwards realised that if Leeds were the ''best'' team in this league that we had nothing to worry about.

We''ll see if you have ''enough'' to beat us.

[/quote]

Look at the stats, watch the game. You played very well, particularly keeping the ball, but we did the important bit.

Last time I checked, the best way of deciding whether you have enough to beat a team is by beating them!

Having said that of course, you showed you an give us a good game and beat us, which i do think you will at the weekend.

(trying not to argue [8-)]

[/quote]

To be fair though you got lucky at your place,we played you off the park at times but having said that it''s the result that counts and it will show you got the 3 points,i think Saturday could honestly be the game that makes or breaks your season,if you put in a good showing then you might just get the lift you need, the trouble for you is i honestly believe we will be to much for your boys come 3pm and having watched your last game at Milwall i am more confident of a good win for City,seems to me that Beckford is causing some major brown stuff at the club,quick question for you,are you glad you kept him or do you think he is becoming a major problem within the team?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

To be fair though you got lucky at your place,we played you off the park at times but having said that it''s the result that counts and it will show you got the 3 points,i think Saturday could honestly be the game that makes or breaks your season,if you put in a good showing then you might just get the lift you need, the trouble for you is i honestly believe we will be to much for your boys come 3pm and having watched your last game at Milwall i am more confident of a good win for City,seems to me that Beckford is causing some major brown stuff at the club,quick question for you,are you glad you kept him or do you think he is becoming a major problem within the team?

[/quote]

in all honesty mate i don''t know. I think there are 2 main reasons for our collapse (amongst several little ones), the man u win  (yay we''re on top of the world, dont give a shit about the league we''ll win the FA cup and play loads of extra games!!) and the beckford saga. The bloke clearly isn''t set in footballs ways, as his transfer request  and then turnaround shows how poorly advised he was. If the goals were still coming i wouldnt mind, but by his standards he has gone dry, and he''s off in the summer. I just wanna get the disruption out the club. the money isnt the issue either, bates wouldnt have re-invested it in to the squad! If the rumours of the grayson bust up are true, then we''ll just have to go and do the rest without him. personally I think the Watt from arsenal signing is confirmation beckford won''t play on saturday. If grayson goes 4-4-2, which i think he shouldnt, on saturday,  then watt will go up top with becchio IMO. similar players watt and beckford, pacey, and watt will have a much better touch, and hopefully will be just as good a finisher. He is a promising signing.

"Last time I checked, the best way of deciding whether you have enough to beat a team is by beating them!"

err no, in many ways as that presumes everything is the same as then.

We have a stronger squad. With Beckford likely to be out, as is your influential defender it won''t be the same.

You can not expect a gifted goal every time.

Your form and, I would suggest, your confidence is shot to pieces.

You will be in front of our fans this time.

On probability I will give it to us. But that''s probability not the certainty you are claiming. But then you were claiming that certainty of promotion and the title when you were a dozen or more points ahead of us.

Your fans wee claiming you had ''enough'' to beat Millwall a few days ago.

Do you have ''enough'' to avoid the playoffs ? That I''m not certain of, but on probability I would say no.

Div 1 again I''m afraid. But you''ll probably have ''enough'' to beat Rochdale, Yeovil and Exeter.

ps I hope Beckford plays for you before he leaves, would be such a shame to leave on a sour note

[;)][quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

in all honesty mate i don''t know. I think there are 2 main reasons for our collapse (amongst several little ones), the man u win  (yay we''re on top of the world, dont give a shit about the league we''ll win the FA cup and play loads of extra games!!) and the beckford saga. The bloke clearly isn''t set in footballs ways, as his transfer request  and then turnaround shows how poorly advised he was. If the goals were still coming i wouldnt mind, but by his standards he has gone dry, and he''s off in the summer. I just wanna get the disruption out the club. the money isnt the issue either, bates wouldnt have re-invested it in to the squad! If the rumours of the grayson bust up are true, then we''ll just have to go and do the rest without him. personally I think the Watt from arsenal signing is confirmation beckford won''t play on saturday. If grayson goes 4-4-2, which i think he shouldnt, on saturday,  then watt will go up top with becchio IMO. similar players watt and beckford, pacey, and watt will have a much better touch, and hopefully will be just as good a finisher. He is a promising signing.

[/quote]

Thanks for the honest reply,i think that Watt looks an ok signing but i feel that the City management would rather see him playing than Beckford,has to be said that your boys need a lift because at the moment they will struggle to hold 2nd place,i just hope it comes after Saturday but if i was a Leeds fan i would be getting rather worried because after the Milwall game even Grayson looked worried and frankly as if he didn''t know what to do next,as a Norwich fan i can''t say that it didn''t bring a smile to my face but as we all know Football is a funny old game and you can never tell how your boys will react,lets hope for a cracking game Saturday and neither team are out of the promotion race if they lose but lets be honest if we win (which i have no doubt we will[:)]) your boys will have to pull up their socks and quick. 

[quote user="City1st"]"Last time I checked, the best way of deciding whether you have enough to beat a team is by beating them!" err no, in many ways as that presumes everything is the same as then.

the squads haven''t changed that dramatically since we last played, in terms of technical ability IMO. 

We have a stronger squad. With Beckford likely to be out, as is your influential defender it won''t be the same.

No it won''t. we have replaced them though, so who knows!

You can not expect a gifted goal every time.

Did we expect that goal kick that night then? [:S]

Your form and, I would suggest, your confidence is shot to pieces.

Agreed

You will be in front of our fans this time.

Don''t think your fans will be the problem tbh, we''ll probably outsing you, I''m more worried about your players on their home patch

On probability I will give it to us. But that''s probability not the certainty you are claiming. But then you were claiming that certainty of promotion and the title when you were a dozen or more points ahead of us.

erm yes, footballs a funny game, from our position back in december, most teams fans would claim the same tbh

Your fans wee claiming you had ''enough'' to beat Millwall a few days ago.

We have (i believe), we certainly didn''t show it though and millwall deserved to win

Do you have ''enough'' to avoid the playoffs ? That I''m not certain of, but on probability I would say no. Div 1 again I''m afraid. But you''ll probably have ''enough'' to beat Rochdale,

Yeovil and Exeter.

yes I do think we have enough, but I think based on how we are playing and the lack of "bouncebackability" means we probably will drop in the play offs. Couldn''t resist the little dig though could you [8-)]

ps I hope Beckford plays for you before he leaves, would be such a shame to leave on a sour note

I couldnt give a toss how he leaves tbh. neither does he

[/quote]

[quote user="PhatCanary"][;)][quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the honest reply,i think that Watt looks an ok signing but i feel that the City management would rather see him playing than Beckford,has to be said that your boys need a lift because at the moment they will struggle to hold 2nd place,i just hope it comes after Saturday but if i was a Leeds fan i would be getting rather worried because after the Milwall game even Grayson looked worried and frankly as if he didn''t know what to do next,as a Norwich fan i can''t say that it didn''t bring a smile to my face but as we all know Football is a funny old game and you can never tell how your boys will react,lets hope for a cracking game Saturday and neither team are out of the promotion race if they lose but lets be honest if we win (which i have no doubt we will[:)]) your boys will have to pull up their socks and quick. 

[/quote]

we''re worried already. Grayson looked clueless. and it was only after millwall and southampton that i finally felt we are actually gonna get jumped by those below us. before that I felt we would stick it out. problem seems to be grayson can''t pick them up again.

Grayson was given one mission: get us up, be it in 1st 2nd or 6th, just do it. That should dictate wether he is our manager next year. And he has got the squad

[quote user="City1st"] You will be in front of our fans this time.[/quote]I thin in Leeds current situation that is an advantage to them. I thin they would much rather be away than at home with the crowd on their backs

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="City1st"] You will be in front of our fans this time.[/quote]
I thin in Leeds current situation that is an advantage to them. I thin they would much rather be away than at home with the crowd on their backs
[/quote]

I think your right about them not wanting to play at home but if we score in the first five minutes then it will be hard for them to live with the yellow and Green train as it thunders towards the title!!!!!

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="City1st"] You will be in front of our fans this time.[/quote]
I thin in Leeds current situation that is an advantage to them. I thin they would much rather be away than at home with the crowd on their backs
[/quote]

Never thought of it like that. you may be right.

[/quote]

Go do 1 essexsh.. On your waccoe site,most there believe we have a stronger and better squad than you,now run along..im sure your mates in their escorts are waiting for you in sains car park!

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

Go do 1 essexsh.. On your waccoe site,most there believe we have a stronger and better squad than you,now run along..im sure your mates in their escorts are waiting for you in sains car park!

[/quote]

where did I say we had the stronger squad?

Go do some reading with your primary school buddies [8-)] 

the thing that i noticed against leeds v millwall . millwall looked a much fitter than leeds in the later part of the game .norwich seem to score late in most games . leeds have had alot of games which now late in the season has taken its toll .

norwich are brimming with confidence ,and clearly shown.. will  go all out for the win .

i hope leeds throw about 4 loan players in ... not match fit players, and knackered players, against a team with one of the best home form in the country.

bring it on ..!!!

Let''s hope they do throw some loanees in - it will be their debut for Leeds and so they won''t know their team mates very well either