Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Anthony McNamee can't defend...

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

Who did we play with McNamee in the side? Southend, Oldham & Yeovil

It''s not just the lack of protection he offers Rose/Martin but we''re a better unit with the ball with the 3 in the middle, it allows us to win the ball back quickly, we would just allow the opposition so much time on the ball with McNamee & Hoolahan, we got away with it against the above mentioned sides but decent sides like Huddersfield & Swindon would have created lots, having 3 in the middle also allows us to keep possession, without the ball we won''t hurt times half as much as we can with the ball.

[/quote]Do you have any stats to back this up?How many have we conceeded with the diamond in recent matches?PS - we have also won every game that McNamee has started.  He also had a large hand in rescuing all 3 points at Walsall away.[/quote]

Statto smudger, here''s one for ya........ Forster has been in goal for nearly all our goals conceded this season, and only slightly more silly than your stats. 

[/quote]Not really, what is Forsters goal per game ratio???You have to pick dumb holes like that when you have no counter arguement though don''t you?How about expressing your opinions?  Don''t hide behind the rubbish you gave above about not wanting to debate the issue at hand.We have conceeded more on a per game basis over the last few games when McNamee has not been in the team as opposed to when he has - True or False???[/quote]

Same as Mcnamees!!!!!!

I have no reason to find a counter argument, I was not picking dumb holes, merely demonstrating that you can find stats that pretty much say anything and prove nothing. I think you''re stats are quite meaningless at the moment and cannot be used as a conclusive argument to play Mcnamee.

I have already expressed my opinions about Lappin and McNamee before on other threads, I''m not hiding, I think you''ll see I''m willing to debate if I feel strongly enough. And there lies the reason why I didn''t want to get involved on that occasion, I don''t have a strong opinion on it. I have concerns about both of them and am quite happy to sit back and see who Lambert plays, and my guess is that it will be Lappin if it''s the diamond.

My answer to your true or false question can be whatever makes you happy because I think stats of  "over the last few games" is a little irrelevent!!!!

It''s a bit similar to a previous debate we''ve had smudger, don''t assume I disagree with you or don''t accept your point of view just because I think your reasoning is wrong. 

Now, what is the issue in hand now for me, a smoke, a drink and something to eat.

[/quote]Same as Lappin''s in 3 whole years of football also and how many games???So Assists on a pro rata - per game basis has McNamee way ahead of Lappin whilst they are level on goals (but Lappins record must be played 60+ games in that period of time).He didn''t get many but at least McNamee scored a few goals in his couple of years at Swindon.How about you tell us your real reasoning for posting on this thread if as you state you have no inclination as to which out of the two players is best, or even most suited to particular roles?You are similar to Lappinitup... all hot air but no comments of your own to offer on events on the pitch.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

Who did we play with McNamee in the side? Southend, Oldham & Yeovil

It''s not just the lack of protection he offers Rose/Martin but we''re a better unit with the ball with the 3 in the middle, it allows us to win the ball back quickly, we would just allow the opposition so much time on the ball with McNamee & Hoolahan, we got away with it against the above mentioned sides but decent sides like Huddersfield & Swindon would have created lots, having 3 in the middle also allows us to keep possession, without the ball we won''t hurt times half as much as we can with the ball.

[/quote]

Do you have any stats to back this up?

How many have we conceeded with the diamond in recent matches?

PS - we have also won every game that McNamee has started.  He also had a large hand in rescuing all 3 points at Walsall away.
[/quote]

Statto smudger, here''s one for ya........ Forster has been in goal for nearly all our goals conceded this season, and only slightly more silly than your stats. 

[/quote]

Not really, what is Forsters goal per game ratio???

You have to pick dumb holes like that when you have no counter arguement though don''t you?

How about expressing your opinions?  Don''t hide behind the rubbish you gave above about not wanting to debate the issue at hand.

We have conceeded more on a per game basis over the last few games when McNamee has not been in the team as opposed to when he has - True or False???
[/quote]

Same as Mcnamees!!!!!!

I have no reason to find a counter argument, I was not picking dumb holes, merely demonstrating that you can find stats that pretty much say anything and prove nothing. I think you''re stats are quite meaningless at the moment and cannot be used as a conclusive argument to play Mcnamee.

I have already expressed my opinions about Lappin and McNamee before on other threads, I''m not hiding, I think you''ll see I''m willing to debate if I feel strongly enough. And there lies the reason why I didn''t want to get involved on that occasion, I don''t have a strong opinion on it. I have concerns about both of them and am quite happy to sit back and see who Lambert plays, and my guess is that it will be Lappin if it''s the diamond.

My answer to your true or false question can be whatever makes you happy because I think stats of  "over the last few games" is a little irrelevent!!!!

It''s a bit similar to a previous debate we''ve had smudger, don''t assume I disagree with you or don''t accept your point of view just because I think your reasoning is wrong. 

Now, what is the issue in hand now for me, a smoke, a drink and something to eat.

[/quote]

Same as Lappin''s in 3 whole years of football also and how many games???

So Assists on a pro rata - per game basis has McNamee way ahead of Lappin whilst they are level on goals (but Lappins record must be played 60+ games in that period of time).

He didn''t get many but at least McNamee scored a few goals in his couple of years at Swindon.

How about you tell us your real reasoning for posting on this thread if as you state you have no inclination as to which out of the two players is best, or even most suited to particular roles?

You are similar to Lappinitup... all hot air but no comments of your own to offer on events on the pitch.
[/quote]

That reallly is so rich. Pot, kettle, black ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="7rew"]Smudger said: "For me McNamee on the left point of the diamond. I have said for a while that I think we could get away with doing that against the majority of the teams in this division." This may well be true. However even if it is true, then matches like Huddersfield (7th, then unbeaten at home) Away, Swindon (4th) Away and probably Leeds (2nd) Home sound exactly the kind of matches where you couldn''t get away with it![/quote]

Test him against the best I say.  You would make an ideal England coach... bring some talent in for meaningless friendlies and then back to the same old sorry plop we have seen time and again before.

Our midfield currenlty contains somebody who will not be able to perform to the required standard at a higher level and I will remind you all of this thread in September/October. 

Huddersfield we were always going to get 3 points from if we played well.  They make the Dog and Duck look good at defending!

Swindon - our main shortfall was that we sat so deep for over 70% of the match.  Without McNamee the only outlet we have is Holt''s strength and the ball usually comes straight back at us far too easily.

People have said about not changing a winning team, but this did not seem to matter when Russell came back in for McNamee.  I guess that Lambert must feel that he started with his strongest midfield on Saturday, but this is something that I disagree with.
[/quote]

Fair enough. But whose judgment would we rather trust and rely on - yours or PL''s? That''s a tough one - NOT !!

[quote user="Smudger"]

So Assists on a pro rata - per game basis has McNamee way ahead of Lappin whilst they are level on goals (but Lappins record must be played 60+ games in that period of time).

He didn''t get many but at least McNamee scored a few goals in his couple of years at Swindon.

How about you tell us your real reasoning for posting on this thread if as you state you have no inclination as to which out of the two players is best, or even most suited to particular roles?

You are similar to Lappinitup... all hot air but no comments of your own to offer on events on the pitch.
[/quote]

Slow down smudger, you''re too quick on the keyboard without digesting what I''m saying.

You''ll obviously not rest without an explanation, so as it''s you I''ll give it despite telling you I wasn''t that bothered. You''d make someone a good wife!

As I''ve already indicated my dear, my reason for posting was to show that your stats at the moment concerning McNamee are not yet enough to prove he deserves his place in the side. They are not conclusive how ever much you want them to be.

Without going in to too much detail I don''t think either of them are ideal, hence my previous position of not feeling strong enough to make a case for one over the other.

Briefly, Lappin''s ability is limited, but he has shown a decent attitude and his overall workrate has been good, he has not let anyone down and has been heavily involved in our success this season, and is an ideal example of a player who may not be as talented as others but does the job required for the team to function well. I think (from what I''ve seen) that little Ant is the most skilfull and the biggest talent, but I think he doesn''t work as hard when we lose possession and we are more vulnerable with him in the team (regardless of your stats, but from what I see, him very wide and based on the halfway line) and therefore less suited to the diamond. I am not disagreeing with you, I accept that his attacking play may give us more success, but I am not convinced that it won''t cost us and think it is a gamble. I don''t believe that our results mean that we need to take a gamble. That is why I''m happy to just wait and see what Lambert does, if pushed I would stick with Lappin at the moment. If there is any hot air available you might want to bottle it for McNamee I understand he has a bit of asthma troubles, maybe this is what is preventing a prolonged run of 90 minute games.

Now be a love, get your head into Mills and Boone and stop your nagging or I''m goin down the pub.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Same as Lappin''s in 3 whole years of football also and how many games???So Assists on a pro rata - per game basis has McNamee way ahead of Lappin whilst they are level on goals (but Lappins record must be played 60+ games in that period of time).He didn''t get many but at least McNamee scored a few goals in his couple of years at Swindon.How about you tell us your real reasoning for posting on this thread if as you state you have no inclination as to which out of the two players is best, or even most suited to particular roles?You are similar to Lappinitup... all hot air but no comments of your own to offer on events on the pitch.[/quote]

Slow down smudger, you''re too quick on the keyboard without digesting what I''m saying.

You''ll obviously not rest without an explanation, so as it''s you I''ll give it despite telling you I wasn''t that bothered. You''d make someone a good wife!

As I''ve already indicated my dear, my reason for posting was to show that your stats at the moment concerning McNamee are not yet enough to prove he deserves his place in the side. They are not conclusive how ever much you want them to be.

Without going in to too much detail I don''t think either of them are ideal, hence my previous position of not feeling strong enough to make a case for one over the other.

Briefly, Lappin''s ability is limited, but he has shown a decent attitude and his overall workrate has been good, he has not let anyone down and has been heavily involved in our success this season, and is an ideal example of a player who may not be as talented as others but does the job required for the team to function well. I think (from what I''ve seen) that little Ant is the most skilfull and the biggest talent, but I think he doesn''t work as hard when we lose possession and we are more vulnerable with him in the team (regardless of your stats, but from what I see, him very wide and based on the halfway line) and therefore less suited to the diamond. I am not disagreeing with you, I accept that his attacking play may give us more success, but I am not convinced that it won''t cost us and think it is a gamble. I don''t believe that our results mean that we need to take a gamble. That is why I''m happy to just wait and see what Lambert does, if pushed I would stick with Lappin at the moment. If there is any hot air available you might want to bottle it for McNamee I understand he has a bit of asthma troubles, maybe this is what is preventing a prolonged run of 90 minute games.

Now be a love, get your head into Mills and Boone and stop your nagging or I''m goin down the pub.

[/quote]haha bless you... it sounds like you are speaking from experience here?  Was the dragon really that bad???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

haha bless you... it sounds like you are speaking from experience here? 

Was the dragon really that bad???
[/quote]

They are all that bad smudger[;)]but they can''t help themselves it''s just the way they are, some just hide it better than others.