Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Celtic Message Boards.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Peter Grants name is mentioned more than Lamberts!

Anyways, 32 pages on this thread about a new manager, if you can be bothered:

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8262903/1/

[/quote]

If anyone is watching bbc news they are doing a bit about Celtic at the moment and suggesting the board are discussing Mowbary this afternoon. I think we can trust Lambert when he says he is going nowhere at present, but lets hope if Grant appointed to end of season he does a good job.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Peter Grants name is mentioned more than Lamberts![/quote]

Not by the bookies, it ain''t - watch out, they will definitely come calling sooner or later

Next Celtic Manager Odds

3/1 Paul Lambert
5/1 Mark Hughes
13/2 John Hughes
12/1 John Collins
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 David Moyes
16/1 Steve Clarke
16/1 Avram Grant
18/1 Alan Curbishley
20/1 Darren Ferguson
22/1 BAR

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Peter Grants name is mentioned more than Lamberts![/quote]

Not by the bookies, it ain''t - watch out, they will definitely come calling sooner or later

Next Celtic Manager Odds

3/1 Paul Lambert
5/1 Mark Hughes
13/2 John Hughes
12/1 John Collins
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 David Moyes
16/1 Steve Clarke
16/1 Avram Grant
18/1 Alan Curbishley
20/1 Darren Ferguson
22/1 BAR

[/quote] You made this up

Next Celtic Manager Odds

3/1 Paul Lambert
5/1 Mark Hughes
13/2 John Hughes
12/1 John Collins
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 David Moyes
16/1 Steve Clarke
16/1 Avram Grant
18/1 Alan Curbishley
20/1 Darren Ferguson
22/1 BAR

[/quote]Is that the same bookies who made him red hot favourite for the Burnley job?

[quote user="First Wizard"] Is that the same bookies who made him red hot favourite for the Burnley job?[/quote]

Maybe, but that''s not the point. Just ask yourself -

1. Will Celtic consider him as a probable candidate

2. Will Lambert seriously think about this opportunity.

In all honesty, the only answer to both questions is yes.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Steady Essex white, or we might recommend Glenn Roeder to leeds when you sack Grayson lol.[/quote]

Thats harsh! it was only banter!!! [:|]

The first time that there was talk about him going to Celtic Lambert said that he didn''t want to manage in the SPL as there was too much of something that he didn''t like, though I can''t remember what it was. Yes there is often talk about the possibility of him managing Celtic in the future, but I can''t see why Celtic would appoint him now - he hasn''t managed above League 1 yet!

[quote user="First Wizard"] Is that the same bookies who made him red hot favourite for the Burnley job?[/quote]

Maybe, but that''s not the point. Just ask yourself -

1. Will Celtic consider him as a probable candidate

In all honesty, the only answer to both questions is yes.

[/quote]The answer to number 1 might be ''YES'', but the answer to number 2 certainly isn''t, from the horse''s mouth... Lambert doesn''t seem like the kind of person to say one thing then do another, he''s pretty straight-talking.  If he says he thinks the SPL is a bit of a mickey mouse league and doesn''t like the idea of playing the same teams over and over, then I for one believe him.  And, perhaps more importantly, so does McNally.There was bound to be panic over this issue, but try not to be so reactive and look instead at the facts...

[/quote]''I still look for Celtic''s result and Seville will always remain the biggest disappointment in my football career. But the idea of coming back doesn''t appeal to me.''

He said that the idea of a competition of 2 doesn''t interest him

Next Celtic Manager Odds

3/1 Paul Lambert
5/1 Mark Hughes
13/2 John Hughes
12/1 John Collins
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 David Moyes
16/1 Steve Clarke
16/1 Avram Grant
18/1 Alan Curbishley
20/1 Darren Ferguson
22/1 BAR

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance but who the hell is John Hughes?

Would not mind a bet its none of the above! But Curbishley should give a big club a go and get some european football experience

Lamberts already proved that his own ambition is far more important than loyalty to him, on a few occasions (ie, coming to Norwich).Of course he''s going to say something like he said, but if the opportunity is actually there (because it wasn''t before), I''m sure he''ll be very tempted.

The one thing I have learnt about football is never say never, however I suspect Lambert knows Scotland is a two horse race and that coming second will always be a failure. It is also is true that in reality most games are relatively easy therfore ( or should be). Even Martin Oniell moved on realising limited horizons. \Lambert wants the Premiership and will get there with us or soemone elseAlso Mowbray is very much in the role of Lambert and will the Board really want another ex player, we have got our fingers burnt with that idea recently.

Why I think Lambert won''t go:

1. Celtic will want a statesman now after an unproven manager failed. I heard talk of Trappatoni, that makes more sense for them.

2. Lambert has built something here and has the whole club and teh fans eating out of his hands. I doubt he''ll want to start over again

3. The Celtic job will inevitably come up again. unless he really fluffs up he will still be a strong, possibly stronger, contender should he really decide he wants it.

4. In any event, he himself has said he wouldn''t want to go back to manage in a league where you play the same teams over again so why go back on that now?

5. Lambert has a ruthless streak. Some would get swayed by an emotional pull. I don''t think Lambert is that sort of person.

6. The thought of managing into the Prem at Norwich or somewhere else will definitely appeal to him. He is just one short step away should we do even just reasonably well in these last 9 games and I genuinely believe he would love to be up there challenging for play offs next season with a team he has been able to build and nurture.

7. McNally will do everything in his power to stop it happening. This is another tough guy who won''t bend over to big-club pressure.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

1. Celtic will want a statesman now after an unproven manager failed. I heard talk of Trappatoni, that makes more sense for them.

2. Lambert has built something here and has the whole club and teh fans eating out of his hands. I doubt he''ll want to start over again

3. The Celtic job will inevitably come up again. unless he really fluffs up he will still be a strong, possibly stronger, contender should he really decide he wants it.

4. In any event, he himself has said he wouldn''t want to go back to manage in a league where you play the same teams over again so why go back on that now?

5. Lambert has a ruthless streak. Some would get swayed by an emotional pull. I don''t think Lambert is that sort of person.

6. The thought of managing into the Prem at Norwich or somewhere else will definitely appeal to him. He is just one short step away should we do even just reasonably well in these last 9 games and I genuinely believe he would love to be up there challenging for play offs next season with a team he has been able to build and nurture.

7. McNally will do everything in his power to stop it happening. This is another tough guy who won''t bend over to big-club pressure.

[/quote]

And also because he came out a month ago and said he''s not interested in the Celtic job or managing in the SPL!

Nice try from our bitter little Col Who or binner friend Making Plans but no banana!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

And also because he came out a month ago and said he''s not interested in the Celtic job or managing in the SPL!

Nice try from our bitter little Col Who or binner friend Making Plans but no banana!

[/quote]McNally also worked at Celtic during the time that Lambert was there and they are great friends. I think that that is one of the main reasons why his first choice manager was Lambert (not just because he had beaten us 7-1)

keep an eye on Managers who resign from clubs in the next few weeks.,. particularly if their club is doing well (EG Rochdale) this could give an indication as to the Lambert situation and possible replacements?

[quote user="Jim Smith"] Nice try from our binner friend Making Plans[/quote]

Oh dear, never been called a Binner friend before. Not in a million years mate. Born & bred in Norfolk & a proud City fan since I was 8 - I''m now 61.

You need to look & listen very carefully at what Lambert has said & learn to read between the lines. I don''t want to see him go anymore than you but I''m nor burying my head in the sand & pretending that this isn''t a real live threat to the future success of our Club.