Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

The problem with this board is.....

God we have some right snobbish people on here, what right do they have to look down their noses at people, based on what they have read on a message board? Especially the older users who love to frown upon the youngsters on here.

The great thing about these forums is that you can pick and choose when and where you want to reply, if you don''t like a thread then ignore, I do it all the time.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]God we have some right snobbish people on here, what right do they have to look down their noses at people, based on what they have read on a message board? Especially the older users who love to frown upon the youngsters on here. The great thing about these forums is that you can pick and choose when and where you want to reply, if you don''t like a thread then ignore, I do it all the time.[/quote]

It''s not snobbishness and there is no looking down on anybody.

It''s a result of getting older.

Apart from that I agree with everything you say.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I have to agree and its a shame that the site has gone downhill so quickly these past few months in particular.

I also popped on  the night of the Leeds game but gave up when I saw that there were about 20 Leeds threads, some of which look like they''ve been written by a 12 year old.

Pity the mods don''t get to grips with the situation before all the posters who are worth reading have deserted the place.

[/quote]A lot already have Angel.

"Pity the mods don''t get to grips with the situation before all the posters who are worth reading have deserted the place."

"A lot already have Angel."

Which explains why Wizard is still here! ;)

(yeah, yeah, and me, I know) :)

It doesn''t help when people (not many posts away) deliberately post contriversal threads to get such a reaction the OP talked about. Some poeple actually want to see that sort of reaction. Don''t they 1st Wiz?

Well, i''m eighteen but generally speaking i don''t think age has anything to do with it, although some of the younger posters do seem intent on raising post counts for that simple reason, and others post in text speak which i guess others find difficult to understand.I don''t think anybody should be banned from posting on here, but i think any half-sensible 14 year old could ensure that their spelling and grammar is roughly correct. For example, typing ''u'' instead of ''you'' is laziness, and there''s plenty of other one''s.Stop young people posting and you suddenly stop a whole different viewpoint in my opinion. You''re going to get the annoying one''s, but then again i found that 20 year old woman who blabbed on about how her boyfriend was away or whatever so posted 300 odd times in the space of a week much more annoying than Banana or Brendo.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, i''m eighteen but generally speaking i don''t think age has anything to do with it, although some of the younger posters do seem intent on raising post counts for that simple reason, and others post in text speak which i guess others find difficult to understand.I don''t think anybody should be banned from posting on here, but i think any half-sensible 14 year old could ensure that their spelling and grammar is roughly correct. For example, typing ''u'' instead of ''you'' is laziness, and there''s plenty of other one''s.Stop young people posting and you suddenly stop a whole different viewpoint in my opinion. You''re going to get the annoying one''s, but then again i found that 20 year old woman who blabbed on about how her boyfriend was away or whatever so posted 300 odd times in the space of a week much more annoying than Banana or Brendo.[/quote]I honestly don''t understand people''s obsession with post counts.  I''ve celebrated the odd milestone number, but its a laugh mostly.  I doubt very many users actually come on here to ''raise their post count'', I just think some people are particularly annoying.  I didn''t find TOTLL, as you mention, annoying in any particular way (she didn''t post the same thing fifteen times in the same thread like ''Nana and didn''t post duplicate threads any more than some on here recently (oh look, another thread complaining about this board)).  What I did find troublesome, however, was the way in which some people rounded on her so quickly, slagging her off for being female, and quickly suggesting she had no role on these boards.  From what I saw, most of that came from the youngsters.  I think some of the younger posters can be somewhat naive not just in what they''re saying about NCFC but in the way they behave - thinking they''re being hilarious, when in fact they''re not.  That''s not to say they shouldn''t be allowed to post - everyone should, that''s what these boards are for - but I do agree with the OP that some of the youngsters have shown themselves up recently.(Puts on tin hat and waits for certain posters to mount their high horse)

Every now and again we get a good thread involving sensible, considered posts, some of them even City related. However, the reason that I spend less time here  is the fact that the forum has become pretty boring, with the "get my post count up at any price" merchants like Brenda and Nana, multiple threads on the same subject and constant spats between posters for no good reason.

There are still good posters here, but many are keeping a low profile. I agree with hoggy about the age thing, though. There is no reason why young people can''t make good contributions to debate and he is a case in point. Unfortunately the youth on here are given a bad name by the likes of the aforementioned Brenda and Nanas.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Every now and again we get a good thread involving sensible, considered posts, some of them even City related. However, the reason that I spend less time here  is the fact that the forum has become pretty boring, with the "get my post count up at any price" merchants like Brenda and Nana, multiple threads on the same subject and constant spats between posters for no good reason.

There are still good posters here, but many are keeping a low profile. I agree with hoggy about the age thing, though. There is no reason why young people can''t make good contributions to debate and he is a case in point. Unfortunately the youth on here are given a bad name by the likes of the aforementioned Brenda and Nanas.

[/quote]

Agree completely with that mate, I still lurk on here looking at what everyone is saying, but I can''t be bothered to write a well thought out thread and spend my time on it when it will just get lost between stupid duplicate threads or nonsense.  It''s a shame really, because there are some great posters on here.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

There are still good posters here, but many are keeping a low profile.  Unfortunately the youth on here are given a bad name by the likes of the aforementioned Brenda and Nanas.

[/quote]

You worded it so much better than me Beau and until the mods sort out the multiple threads and post count merchants, decent posters ( and there were many) will use this site less and less which is a real shame.

"Just to keep the argument balanced, I would like to point out that there are plenty of older posters who post utter tripe.

Age has nothing to do with it."

Cheers for that Morty.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

There are still good posters here, but many are keeping a low profile.  Unfortunately the youth on here are given a bad name by the likes of the aforementioned Brenda and Nanas.

[/quote]

You worded it so much better than me Beau and until the mods sort out the multiple threads and post count merchants, decent posters ( and there were many) will use this site less and less which is a real shame.

[/quote]

who''s right is it to say who is and who isn''t a decent poster?

Some people like what some people post and agree, some dont like and counter argue.

Thats the way this thing works. If we all posted something everyone liked there would be no discussion and the foum will end.

I know 99% of people on here dont like me or what i post, but argue away and if i get carried away and am insulted I will return the insult.

What I wont do is make sick allegations about people or as a certain poster who has now been banned 3 times has done, make youtube videos and allegations about fellow pinkun users.......maybe because I dont know how to lol.

What people have to remember is we are all different ages, from different generations, some of the things from my generation wouldnt be accepted now, some of the things from the new generation wouldnt be accepted from mine.

Its all part and parcel of a forum, you meet new people, from all walks of life.

What I dont do is hold a grudge. If someone has a different view to me fine, I will put my argument across and 9 times out of 10 people will argue against it.

I mean, me and Shack, Jas etc agree on bugger all really but I have a lot of time and respect for them.

[quote user="Its only my opinion"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You worded it so much better than me Beau and until the mods sort out the multiple threads and post count merchants, decent posters ( and there were many) will use this site less and less which is a real shame. [/quote]

who''s right is it to say who is and who isn''t a decent poster?

[/quote]

No-one has and again I haven''t worded it too well [:$] but we are all entitled to our own opinions of which poster''s posts are interesting which in our eyes makes them ''''decent'''' (or whatever word you want to use) posters.

well if you want to get some reasoned debate, where you won`t get called an idiot by someone who has opposing views to to

kickitoff.co.uk

Now up and running again

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]it''s full of kids. Simple as that.[/quote]Delia''s 67, MWJ is as old, McNally''s no spring chicken.  No, I think the problem with this board is lack of ambition.

Come on Pete, you can''t expect us all to believe that. Every bloke knows the size of his manhood, some are worried about it, some don''t care, some are bothered someone else has a bigger one but really it doesn''t matter one bit. It''s about quality and confidence. 

[quote user="The gut"]Where''s Pete''s post gone? Have you banned yourself.[/quote]

Alas my plan didn''t work.

In my view, the main problem is multi-threads, e.g. 19 on tomorrow''s match and 8 on the Celtic situation (so far)

[quote user="Webbo118"]In my view, the main problem is multi-threads, e.g. 19 on tomorrow''s match and 8 on the Celtic situation (so far)[/quote]Indeed, with about half the number of each topic involving rumour, misunderstandings and myth, and very few involving the facts.I''ll sum it up:
  • Lambert is NOT going to Celtic.  He has said so himself in the past, and has also come out this morning and said it again (he shouldn''t have had to).
  • NO ONE is taking tomorrow''s result for granted, but given the respective form of ourselves and Leeds, some people are confident of a result.
So that''s almost 30 threads merged into two bullet-pointed sentences... can we stop all the pointless debate and bitching now and get on with speculating on tomorrow''s score, line-up, etc...

Merged most of the Lambert stuff. The ''Lambert says No'' thread is worth remaining as it is. As for Leeds - to be expected, it''s the biggest game for years but you''re right, already plenty of threads to add to rather than starting a new one.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok Evil Monkey.....now off to start threads "Who will replace Lambert when he goes to Celtic" and "How many will we beat Leeds by?" .[/quote][:D]And cheers, Pete, you''re a ledge...