Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

The problem with this board is.....

it''s full of kids. Simple as that. I tend to dip in & out of this board. I had a look on here after Leeds were beaten on Monday night and some of the posts are just unbelievable at times.

I''m not talking about everyone. However, some people are just so silly with some of their comments that it would be scary to think that they were not younger than 18 years old.

Some people can''t even put together a proper sentence. Some people are unbelievably pathetic with their idiotic comments towards certain issues. We have some fantastic fans, but some completely stupid, narrow minded ones too. I guess every club has them.

I have to agree and its a shame that the site has gone downhill so quickly these past few months in particular.

I also popped on  the night of the Leeds game but gave up when I saw that there were about 20 Leeds threads, some of which look like they''ve been written by a 12 year old.

Pity the mods don''t get to grips with the situation before all the posters who are worth reading have deserted the place.

Exactly what I mean with the silly reaction. Obviously I''m not saying I''m Mr. Perfect. Let me spell somthing wrong. There you go. Grow up for god''s sake, or get back in the pram.

Just to keep the argument balanced, I would like to point out that there are plenty of older posters who post utter tripe.Age has nothing to do with it.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I have to agree and its a shame that the site has gone downhill so quickly these past few months in particular.

I also popped on  the night of the Leeds game but gave up when I saw that there were about 20 Leeds threads, some of which look like they''ve been written by a 12 year old.

Pity the mods don''t get to grips with the situation before all the posters who are worth reading have deserted the place.

[/quote]

Worth reading? LOL, ever heard of books?

I remember back in my day... [;)]

Seriously, I think Morty is right age doesn''t necessarily have anything to do with the matter. However I think people should think of the code of conduct before posting certain posts. Certainly within the past few months especially I have noticed an increase in the use of explicit language or vulgarities and I think that needs to be stamped out as these forums are read by people of all ages and from all walks of life.

Whilst we''re at it, I dunno whether this has been a more recent thing or i''ve just not really paid attention but some posters seem to have a really short fuse and just insult other posters. Why bother? If you disagree with an opinion express it in a manner that is engaging and insightful, afterall this is a discussion board...

I feel all policey all of a sudden [:$]

[quote user="morty"]Just to keep the argument balanced, I would like to point out that there are plenty of older posters who post utter tripe.

Age has nothing to do with it.

[:)]
[/quote]

You have to admit there''s been loads of rubbish on here just lately Morty??

As for ages, havent got a clue how old people are other than those I''ve met, but guess the op was referring to the grammer, spelling, text talk which usually indicates young teenagers.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Just to keep the argument balanced, I would like to point out that there are plenty of older posters who post utter tripe.Age has nothing to do with it.[:)][/quote]

As for ages, havent got a clue how old people are other than those I''ve met, but guess the op was referring to the grammer, spelling, text talk which usually indicates young teenagers.

[/quote]I have been visiting less frequently because the standard of debate has bored me a little. I think that, because we are doing well, there are no contentious points worthy of interesting debate.Can I ironically point out that you have spelled grammar wrong?This board is open to all ages, and if "kids" want to use it for fun then who is anyone to look down their noses at them?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Just to keep the argument balanced, I would like to point out that there are plenty of older posters who post utter tripe.

Age has nothing to do with it.

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been visiting less frequently because the standard of debate has bored me a little. I think that, because we are doing well, there are no contentious points worthy of interesting debate.

Can I ironically point out that you have spelled grammar wrong?

This board is open to all ages, and if "kids" want to use it for fun then who is anyone to look down their noses at them?
[/quote]

Well if you''ve been visiting it less frequently then it must be bad - only joking Morty [:)]

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake - time for bed before I make another one.

More rubbish lately? Hasn''t that already been attributed to the fact that we don''t completely suck this year and as such have less to gripe about which in turn leads to fewer heated debates? Oh, if only we were stuggling for survival!

Maybe someone should start a thread each day where we talk about the weather, and one about what precise route is taken to get to the games, and perhaps another on something equally generic and boring so nobody''s feelings get hurt, nobody has a real laugh (as opposed to LOL following something not remotely funny) and nobody actually enjoys the exchanges. Ah yes, civility is where it''s at, baby!

There are also alot of people just out for an argument. I have never understood why they feel the need to log on here and just trash what other people have taken the time and effort to write. I think it''s just far to easy for them to insult people behind their anonimity, as I''m sure none of it would be said face to face.

Sorry to barge in on this elitest thread but what are we saying here? That kids shouldn''t post? Should they be banished to the christmas day little table on the message board?

If they post and they don''t spell something correctly then it is your right to not continue reading the post, just as it is their right to write another one.

If you regard the post as pathetic, then again don''t read it. That is someone elses opinion, however pathetic it might be. If of course you are worldly wise and you have a mature understanding of all things then don''t be selfish and pass on your bountiful knowledge to all those under you and educate them. You can''t have it both ways though. Ignore it or do something about it that is positive and direct. We could argue that this thread is both pointless and pathetic, you have attempted to segregate age groups, mental ability and general knowledge levels by pointing out in all cases that they do not meet your standards, with no constructive action to counter the issue.

You would appear to be a classic example of specifically what you are talking about. Thanks for dropping by.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Sorry to barge in on this elitest thread but what are we saying here? That kids shouldn''t post? Should they be banished to the christmas day little table on the message board?

If they post and they don''t spell something correctly then it is your right to not continue reading the post, just as it is their right to write another one.

If you regard the post as pathetic, then again don''t read it. That is someone elses opinion, however pathetic it might be. If of course you are worldly wise and you have a mature understanding of all things then don''t be selfish and pass on your bountiful knowledge to all those under you and educate them. You can''t have it both ways though. Ignore it or do something about it that is positive and direct. We could argue that this thread is both pointless and pathetic, you have attempted to segregate age groups, mental ability and general knowledge levels by pointing out in all cases that they do not meet your standards, with no constructive action to counter the issue.

You would appear to be a classic example of specifically what you are talking about. Thanks for dropping by.

[/quote]This would have been a great post but for one thing. How can you "regard the post as pathetic" if you don''t read it?

Most of us can read a bit of a thread and quickly determine whether or not it is worth continuing with. As such, one needn''t read the entire thing to conclude its status as pathetic or not.

If you have bothered to read the entire thing and found it a waste of time and effort and then go to the bother of adding to it by letting everyone know this, you end up looking like the fool.

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

This would have been a great post but for one thing. How can you "regard the post as pathetic" if you don''t read it?
[/quote]

I don''t, all I said was that ''you could argue that this post is pointless and pathetic''. Not that I think it is pointless and pathetic. It has served a point.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

This would have been a great post but for one thing. How can you "regard the post as pathetic" if you don''t read it?
[/quote]

I don''t, all I said was that ''you could argue that this post is pointless and pathetic''. Not that I think it is pointless and pathetic. It has served a point.

[/quote]

Just read your post again and yes I see what you mean however I think you have answered that question in your previous post.

I''m 20 and probably one of the younger members here, personally I find the OP quite offensive that because a few people get carried away it''s instantly assumed it''s a "young person" posting.

As mentioned a few of the older members of this board have posted some utter rubbish here at times, it''s nothing to do with age IMO, simply maturity

I''m sure you did mean "you could argue" etc, but thats not what you wrote. Just pointing it out, otherwise it was a good post.

[quote user="Lambo"]I''m 20 and probably one of the younger members here, personally I find the OP quite offensive that because a few people get carried away it''s instantly assumed it''s a "young person" posting.

As mentioned a few of the older members of this board have posted some utter rubbish here at times, it''s nothing to do with age IMO, simply maturity[/quote]omg why aren''t you in bed ;)

I''m probably a good example of the staid mature type who only likes to post reasoned, thoroughly thought out and constructive debate.

I appreciate my logic based submissions are probably a little dry for most readers who no doubt read the first few lines of one of my posts and thinks ''here we go again, old Rudolph is being all analytical and insightful in his usual sage like venerable way.

I apologise to those turned off by my sensible, moderate and somewhat old fashioned style but that''s the way I am and I guess that is how I will remain.

It takes all types so lets live and let live.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Most of us can read a bit of a thread and quickly determine whether or not it is worth continuing with. As such, one needn''t read the entire thing to conclude its status as pathetic or not.

If you have bothered to read the entire thing and found it a waste of time and effort and then go to the bother of adding to it by letting everyone know this, you end up looking like the fool.[/quote]Isn''t it time for another hilarious thread about Gary Doherty?

there are people who come on here just for an argument.

They should go to the wrath if they want a row, there are some people who are really good at it on there, some of the kids on here wouldn`t have a chance in a good gay off with the wrath

It seems the majority of threads that extend beyond one page end up with a couple of posters trading personal insults, having completely departed from the intended subject.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m probably a good example of the staid mature type who only likes to post reasoned, thoroughly thought out and constructive debate. I appreciate my logic based submissions are probably a little dry for most readers who no doubt read the first few lines of one of my posts and thinks ''here we go again, old Rudolph is being all analytical and insightful in his usual sage like venerable way. I apologise to those turned off by my sensible, moderate and somewhat old fashioned style but that''s the way I am and I guess that is how I will remain. It takes all types so lets live and let live.[/quote]

Here here. 

Its free and its good fun, and passes the time on occasions. It will of course attract all sorts. From serious debate to  threads about chants for the youngsters to enjoy. Nothing wrong in that.

The only one time I have gotten angry and been turned off the site was when the unfortunate Jade Goody was dying. There were some apalling comments on this board that should not have been allowed publication. Apart from that we have to do what we do in life in general when we think somethiong is naff: smile and keep tight lipped.

Self styled forum police irritate me slightly also. Oh! and Smudger writing "would of" instead of "would HAVE"