Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

Bates - We can't lose

Just had a look at it myself. Maybe they''ve just forgotten to put something in there. Yes Mr Bates, I know you can''t AFFORD to lose but if you can''t lose why don''t the FA just give you an extra point now? If you can''t lose then it means that you will at least get a draw.......

It''s hot air! Yes hes a pr*ck but what''s he supposed to say? "I''ve had all the players wives and kids taken to a secure location where they will be systematically erased during the game if they fail to perform" ??

read the article, not just the misquoted title [8-)]

he is just saying he can''t contemplate losing, because that would put us in further danger. I don''t see the problem

[quote user="EssexWhite"]

he is just saying he can''t contemplate losing, because that would put us in further danger. I don''t see the problem

[/quote]There''s no ''problem'' Essex, we just think he''s even more of a gobby, useless, dribbling old tool than you lot do.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

There''s no ''problem'' Essex, we just think he''s even more of a gobby, useless, dribbling old tool than you lot do.
[/quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself!!!!

This game will be much harder than a great deal of City fans are expecting  , Leeds really cannot afford to lose and will be pumped up for it , as for us the niggling doubt i have comes from the last big home game when Southampton turned us over with ease . Tomorrow is title winner or all back in the melting pot.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]This game will be much harder than a great deal of City fans are expecting  , Leeds really cannot afford to lose and will be pumped up for it , as for us the niggling doubt i have comes from the last big home game when Southampton turned us over with ease . Tomorrow is title winner or all back in the melting pot.
[/quote]

I don''t disagree with you, however this was the third time we had played Southampton in a relatively short space of time & they had sussed us out. They knew the formation we would play & they came with a game plan stuck to it & turned us over. I don''t think Leeds will be that clever & I think Lambo will know that. Tommorows game is huge for both clubs, Leeds need get to get back to winning ways & we need it to put further distance between us. But I think Lambert will have a few ideas, as I said on score prediction 1-1 half time, then half time team talk & City will run out 3-1 winners.

Fully expect Leeds to throw everything at us for the whole game, won''t be easy but still winable!!!!!

We need every member of the crowd behind the team from the off & not get on the players backs no matter whats happening.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]This game will be much harder than a great deal of City fans are expecting  , Leeds really cannot afford to lose and will be pumped up for it , as for us the niggling doubt i have comes from the last big home game when Southampton turned us over with ease . Tomorrow is title winner or all back in the melting pot.[/quote]But lets not forget that in that game, Russell was unfairly sent off

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]This game will be much harder than a great deal of City fans are expecting  , Leeds really cannot afford to lose and will be pumped up for it , as for us the niggling doubt i have comes from the last big home game when Southampton turned us over with ease . Tomorrow is title winner or all back in the melting pot.
[/quote]But lets not forget that in that game, Russell was unfairly sent off
[/quote]

absolutely - at a point in the match when we were starting to boss the game too

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="EssexWhite"]

[/quote]

There''s no ''problem'' Essex, we just think he''s even more of a gobby, useless, dribbling old tool than you lot do.
[/quote]

fair enough [Y]

[quote]

I don''t disagree with you, however this was the third time we had played Southampton in a relatively short space of time & they had sussed us out. They knew the formation we would play & they came with a game plan stuck to it & turned us over. I don''t think Leeds will be that clever & I think Lambo will know that. Tommorows game is huge for both clubs, Leeds need get to get back to winning ways & we need it to put further distance between us. But I think Lambert will have a few ideas, as I said on score prediction 1-1 half time, then half time team talk & City will run out 3-1 winners.

Fully expect Leeds to throw everything at us for the whole game, won''t be easy but still winable!!!!!

We need every member of the crowd behind the team from the off & not get on the players backs no matter whats happening.

[/quote]

Exactly, which means that they''ll have to take chances and leave themselves exposed at the back. We have the most potent front three in the division plus Macca up our sleeve.While we sometimes struggle when teams sit deep and get men behind the ball we can take teams who come at us apart.