Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Mowbray resigned from Celtic - SSN (Update - Lennon takes charge)

Just being reported on Sky Sports news. Players have allegedly been told he has left the club.

No need to worry though, I cant imagine Celtic will go for a manager with no experience over league one..

On your marks....

Bookies will have him as odds-on favourite; the NOTW will have a story claiming "Lambert set to quit debt ridden Norwich"; the Football Rumours website will have info about "my mate who knows Artur Boruc said Lambert was in a Glasgow hotel last night"; and the EDP backpage will be "Will Lambert Quit Norwich For Emotional Return To Celtic?"

...get set...

Neil Lennon is favourite with the bookies Lambert is second favourite.He has said himself he doesnt want to manage Celtic cos basically the SPL is a mickey mouse league and im gonna take his word for it. Surely he would rather stay and get a taste of championship football rather than manage in the SPL

Lambert is bound to leave us now.[:(]

Delia OUT!!!!!!!!!![:@]

Our season is ruined[:''(]

Celtic need a manager now. Lambert is 9 games from winning a title and has repeatedly said he''s not interested in the SPL. You do the maths.

Maybe Pete should just post the original ''Lambert won''t go to Celtic'' story and sticky it at the top of this board for all to see, before the madness sets in...

[quote user="Beauseant"]Celtic need a manager now. Lambert is 9 games from winning a title and has repeatedly said he''s not interested in the SPL. You do the maths.[/quote]

Exactly! The voice of reason [:)]

Despite what he said, I feel that at some point in the future Lambert might be tempted by the Celtic job (assuming he continues to be successful as a manager) but I think at the moment it''s too early for both him and Celtic. I think the Celts will go for a big name and it wouldn''t surprise me if it was Mark Hughes (he should never have been sacked by Manchester City)

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Maybe Pete should just post the original ''Lambert won''t go to Celtic'' story and sticky it at the top of this board for all to see, before the madness sets in...
[/quote]

This one?

Norwich City boss Paul Lambert has, however, previously ruled out returning to former club Celtic as manager in the near future - or at any time in his career.

The former Hoops captain insists going back to Scottish football does not appeal to him and says that the SPL is not competitive enough.

The man in charge of the League One leaders is adamant he will not return to management north of the border.

He said: “I had eight terrific years at Celtic but there comes a time when you have to cut your ties.

“I still look for Celtic’s result and Seville will always remain the biggest disappointment in my football career. But the idea of coming back doesn’t appeal to me.

“I mean no disrespect to Scottish football but England is just a bigger place. I’m proud of my Scottish heritage but a move back home is not for me.”

In the interview with Daily Record, he added: “The idea of playing the same club anything from four to six times a season doesn’t appeal to me.”

Lambert’s previous SPL management experience was not a happy one.

In his first job as manager, at Livingston in 2005-06, he won just five matches, three of those in the Scottish League Cup.

[quote user="morty"]Okay, my post now makes no sense at all after the threads were merged lol.[/quote]

Nor does my attempt at humour!

Despite the fact it has been announced that reserve team coach Neil Lennon has taken over till the end of the season?[:)]