Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Lambert says NO.

lol you know what some Norwich fans are like, some probably think we''re going to lose 10 points from nicking Lambert, then another 10 going into administration, don''t forget southend are going to go bust so we''re going to lose more. Looks like we''re gonna finish mid table [:(]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]He said that months ago, but it still won''t stop the numpties coming on here and trying to spread the seeds of panic...
[/quote]

Managers always say that just before they leave. He''s going, he''s going........

*gibbers uncontrollably and adopts foetal position while rocking backwards and forwards*

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Skysports have just said Lambert came out and has said he doesn''t want the Celtic job [:D]
[/quote]

But now you''ve just spoiled everyone''s fun.  HOW COULD YOU!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Skysports have just said Lambert came out and has said he doesn''t want the Celtic job [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s got money to spend in the summer here (Forster) and an extended 2 year contract, with a £1mil bonus if he gets us in the premier league,

Can anyone confirm if this is a new quote from PL or are we talking about the comments in the Daily Record last month?

Can''t see anything on the Sky Sports website and not at home to check on SSN.

Thanks!

[quote user="Babyface"]Can anyone confirm if this is a new quote from PL or are we talking about the comments in the Daily Record last month?

Can''t see anything on the Sky Sports website and not at home to check on SSN.

Thanks![/quote]They said they will be talking to him soon, aswell as saying he has already said he didn''t want it [:)]

[quote user="Babyface"]Can anyone confirm if this is a new quote from PL or are we talking about the comments in the Daily Record last month? Can''t see anything on the Sky Sports website and not at home to check on SSN. Thanks![/quote]

He has just this second said on ssn he loves it here and its the media that is speculating and he''s going nowhere he has a job to do here. END OF Now have a nice day and relax

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]He said that months ago, but it still won''t stop the numpties coming on here and trying to spread the seeds of panic...
[/quote]I know Evil, they''re like lemings and don''t at heart trust Lambert.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]He said that months ago, but it still won''t stop the numpties coming on here and trying to spread the seeds of panic...
[/quote]I know Evil, they''re like lemings and don''t at heart trust Lambert.[/quote]

cf the Eliot thread

Not sure about panicking I just think that the author of this thread concluded it was worth mentioning on here that Lambert has confirmed on national television that he is happy to stay at Carrow Road.

That said however, I agree that other threads are more anxious regarding Mr. Lambert''s future.

Well I''ve read the article several times & I can see a lot of the usual meaningless comments that go round & round the mulberry bush but I don''t see anything that says "I don''t want the Celtic job"

If Lambert has got any sense he won''t ever come out and say he doesn''t want any job. After all he could be glad of the chance if everything goes wrong and a few hundred fans march from the swimming pool demanding he''s sacked. Football is fickle and us fans are as fickle as anyone. Never burn your bridges in case you need them later[;)]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Skysports have just said Lambert came out and has said he doesn''t want the Celtic job [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

He''s got money to spend in the summer here (Forster) and an extended 2 year contract, with a £1mil bonus if he gets us in the premier league,

[/quote]Where are you getting hard numbers like that from pete?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, you are possibly the biggest culprit for starting panic threads!!![/quote]

What Moi?[;)]

[/quote]If the comedy beret and string of onions fit mon amie !

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Well I''ve read the article several times & I can see a lot of the usual meaningless comments that go round & round the mulberry bush but I don''t see anything that says "I don''t want the Celtic job"

[/quote]Really? Maybe not today, but in the past... and why should he have to repeat himself over and over...???http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/161048-lambert-managing-celtic-doesnt-appeal-to-me/(last time I promise, this is getting silly)

We all knew this speculation was going to resurface as soon as TM got the push. Even though only a few weeks back PL had gone on record saying he was not interested in Celtic or anyone else for that matter. If memory serves one of the points he made was that he did''t fancy playing the same team four times each season. Why do so many people think Celtic is such a great job? They are one of only two medium sized fish in a very small pond. There is no competition to speak of and apart from the greater chance of European competition it must be boring. How many of us, if being totally honest would expect either Celtic or Rangers to make the top half of the Premiership. I personally don''t think they would set the world alight in the Championship.

If PL get''s us back up and then get''s us back to the Premiership, his stock is going to be much higher than if he''d gone north of the border. And who knows, he might then be in line to take over from Sir Alex.

Just seen this video posted on skysports of lambert dismissing celtic talk, thank god, the guy must really love it here. http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6055345,00.html

Well it might be dismissive of the talk/rumours but he still doesn''t actually say he doesn''t want the job. It''s a very carefully crafted statement designed, on the one hand, not to rock the boat with Norwich board, players & fans, and on the other hand, to leave the door firmly open for Celtic to make an approach if they want to.

We don''t know if Celtic would want to offer him the job and we don''t know if he would accept it. We do know that managers will always say the right thing to the media, just as we wouldn''t state that we planned on leaving our own jobs if there was any chance that we wouldn''t be offered a position with the new employer.

I hope that Lambert stays but don''t hang on to any managers words about loving the club that they are at, with no plans to leave, as they are all ambitious.

Not me.

I trust him with team selection, man management, transfers, subs etc. but I don''t trust him not to leave because he will one day as the guy is ambitious and a damn good manager.

IF you wanted to panic about him walking, you COULD read between the lines on this quote:

“But regarding myself, I''m really happy here, as I said from day one. I love it here and my main job is to get this team out of this league.”

Main job = Get the team out of the league? Does that imply that when we secure promotion that is "job done" and nothing to hold him back going to the club he loves?

Tough choice for an ambitious Scot. SFA giant and european football regular or a third division but soon-to-be Championship club with nothing to prove that back-to-back promotions would take place?

If it''s not Celtic this summer, it will be another club soon...face the facts, we will never be a Premiership heavyweight and that surely has to be the long-term goal of ANY manager.

Don''t get me wrong, I think the turn-around since he came on board has been really good, but like Huckerby has said, it is a poor league.

Interview on BBChttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8588933.stmhe doesn''t exactly say ''no, I don''t want the job'' - and he doesn''t deny that he would find it irresistable. If he were offered it, I suspect it would be too good to turn down, but he clearly isn''t pushing it.But frankly, I suspect that Celtic wouldn''t offer it to him, and Lambert probably knows that too. Sacking TM now might not be such a bad thing for us - if Lambert had a season in the Championship, or even half a season, and got us up into a good play off position then he might be attractive target, but I can''t see that Celtic would take a chance on a manager who hasn''t been anywhere a top division yet. After failing with TM, Celtic must surely be more likely to go with a ''safer'' option. And yes, Scottish football is crap and League 1 probably isn''t far off the standard, but I still think that''s how the Celtic board would see it.