Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

Dean Ashton.....Steve Howard....Marlon Harewood

All scored today....all could do us a job....all for 750000 or less perhaps.

add a decent midfielder and some defencive cover 1.2m spent on 3-4 players

we need it badly!

bottom at xmas....we all know what happens next!

Blimey!  You''re a bit optimistic aren''t you Alan!?  Dean Ashton 750K??  Try nearer 4 times that!  He''ll go for way way way over our budget (£2.5/3M) Harewood would be over as well (£1.5-2M) and Steve Howard aint good enough.

Sorry

£750,000 or less , your having a laugh , maybe Steve Howard , but the other two no way .Spurs are reported to be making a £2.5 million bid for Ashton , and i cant see Harewood moving for under £1.5 million.

well drewe broughton scored again today if we are buying any player who has scored.

Ashton - 2.5mil +

Howard - hasn''t made it out of div2 and is 28, probably a reason why forest (bottom of the division) and only forest want him

Harewood - more likely out of the 3

can still see PC joining us

Ashton would be the missing piece ofthe jugsaw. 17 goals already for Crewe, the board MUST break the bank to sign this guy. He is, quite simply, amazing.

there is alot of speculation about dean ashton and others and everyone seems to have the same opinion that he is mustard but will he be prolific in the premier league as he is in nationwide i have my doubts but hey maybe wrong.Does anyone think that we have the quality across the park to provide service for any new striker,after today i think we work our socks off but the final third of the field lacks lacks imagination at timesas the lack of crosses and shots proves.Really hope we pick things up for bolton game we need another win hears hoping hey

We could have had Ruud on the pitch and we still wouldn''t have scored, spending all the cash on a striker won''t imprive matters much as you''ll only score if chances are created. This was a problem last season as well where in a lot of games we created very little but thankfully didn''t concede many either

Ashton is amazing in the fizzy league,we scored for fun last season but goals scored column of this season of 14 from 16 games tells a story he might be the mutts nuts in the fizzy but will he make the step up?

phah, What jigsaw would that be then - 4 pc mister men.

No way will an unproven fizzy league centre forward get us the points we require to maintain our prem status,

Im not suggesting he''s not got the talent to succeed,

Im sure if he were playing up front for any club that has creative midfielders/wingers that regularly provide chances he is more than capable taking them, unfortunately we lack anyone with the flair to create these opportunities often enough,

Huckerby ?

2 or 3 chances per match is not enough, given that we struggle to prevent goals against & means that any forward we purchased would have to operate at incredible strike rate, 

FACT Our puzzle needs many more pieces, if we are only going to spend 1.2m then im afraid that we will shortly be gazing up at IPSWICH playing the prem sides, whilst we are back in the fizzy - but lets not forget, as it say''s in the ad -

''ITS THE REAL THING''  

My suggestion would be 

1. Sell Greeno & Mcviegh ASAP use ALL money received to purchase a centre half & a centre Forward (McV has done nothing wrong, just dosent seem to be involved & would have a value)  

2. Bring in a quality playmaker on loan, (30k per game) funded by monies that have been raised from recent transactions - Malky, Rivers, Easton, Briggs, Abbey, wages alone must have saved 15-20k per week which would have been budgeted for at the start of the season, plus Malky transfer fee, AT LEAST THEN WE CAN LOOK BACK AND SAY WE HAD A RIGHT GOOD GO at the same time not putting the long term future of the club at risk. 

Answer me this though Phah - how many chances did the front two have yesterday? From what I could see, it was not many. In fact, it was roughly NONE.

So why would signing Ashton make any difference - he will surely be standing roughly in the same positions as our strike-force (!) at the moment, so how will he score any goals? We are not creating chances at all for the strikers.