Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

If you were Lambo, looking ahead to next season...

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Forster hopefully back on season long loan.  I think Spillane can do it as first choice right back but we may need to get another right back in throughout the season if we have injuries and Russel Martin is found wanting.[/quote]

Out of interest, do you think Spillane will be seen as first choice right back?

[/quote]I think that Spillane has all of the credentials to make it as a first choice at right back certainly.  There is a position up for grabs there for him and he needs to try and grab it.Not sure that we could sign a better option for that position (given that other areas will need strngthening too) unless something serious happens on the investment front (but even then I would hope to see Spillane get a chance).

[quote user="Libbra Lives in Dubai"]GK We need Forster (if we can get him) and another as back up. Rudd and Steer not ready yet for Champs.

LB We need a new LB - Rose and Wiggins are not up to it and Drury is getting on. Keep Drury and add another

RB Spillane and Martin will do

CB Doc, Askou and one more significant addition. Nelson not really up to scratch but squad player at best

MF Keep Wes, Rusty, Hughes, McNamee, Lappin (as squad backup), everyone else surplus. Two more additions - one a significant ball winner, and the other a wide player

CF Quick goalscorer needed to play with Holt.

So...

1 or 2 GKs - £500k and free

1 LB - £500k

1 CB - £750k

2 MD - £750k and £500k

1 CF - £1m

£4m total - yikes![/quote]Signing two goalkeepers would be a ridiculous waste of money even if we had it.Rudd showed that he is possibly as good as Forster even in the few games he did get under his belt this season.  I would have no worries playing Rudd at all unless we can get a 1st choice keeper of Forster''s potential to sign for another season (although we do need at least one keeper as Steer is totally unproven at first team level as of yet).