Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

If we can't get Forster, why not Szczesny??

If Newcastle are reluctant to let us have him for a year long loan again next season, maybe we should cast our eyes at Arsenals hot prospect Wojciech Szczesny?? He has played on loan at Brentford this season and has been given great parise for his performances. A fellow university friend who is a Brentford fan even believes he has shown enough to push Almunia for a 1st choice spot in the Arsenal team. Anyone else know much about him and would you take him on? Although some may say, if we go for someone like this then we might aswell try it with Rudd. But with a years experience, for me he would proberably be ahead of Rudd?

Doubt we could get him, but if so, I thought he played cracking against us and looks a quality player for the future.

And if you remember, he made 3 or 4 excellent saves before Holt''s red. So if we were winning by a goal or two at the time, I''m sure Holt would not have been sent off. All the same it turned out okay in the end. [:D]

Not a bad shout, the lad''s been one of the standout keepers this season IMO.

We''d have been 3 or 4 up before Holt got his red were it not for this lad.

Kasper Schmeichel anyone? Thought he was useless when i saw him but seems to be alot of hype about him.

[quote user="ǝƃɹoǝƃ"]

Kasper Schmeichel anyone? Thought he was useless when i saw him but seems to be alot of hype about him.

[/quote]

Birmingham are looking to replace Hart with Kasper next season so I doubt we''ll get him but Szczesny would be a good shout and I would rather secure him permanently than Forster only on loan again. I also have a sneaky suspicion that Lambert won''t go for Forster next season as he would want to get his own players into the club and it seems all the other loan signings we have all sign a permanent deal (hopefully Elliot and Rose will too) so Lambert isn''t just looking for quick fixes,

I personally would love to Forster at (Fortress [;)]) Carrow Road again next season but I would also like to see us secure a young good keeper like Szczesny just as much.

In Lambert we trust.

"seems all the other loan signings we have all sign a permanent deal (hopefully Elliot and Rose will too) so Lambert isn''t just looking for quick fixes,"

Rose??? Really??? I think him and Nelson are our weak links.....wouldnt fancy Rose in The Championship TBH....hes not convinced me in this league....passing is awfull.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"seems all the other loan signings we have all sign a permanent deal (hopefully Elliot and Rose will too) so Lambert isn''t just looking for quick fixes," Rose??? Really??? I think him and Nelson are our weak links.....wouldnt fancy Rose in The Championship TBH....hes not convinced me in this league....passing is awfull.[/quote]

I think that Rose is starting to gel in the sides and was one of our best players against Hudders and Swindon and will have a real test tomorrow against Snodgrass, the 2nd best midfielder in the League (after Wes [;)]). I feel that just because Nelson isn''t very good at distributing the ball and has virtually no pace doesn''t automatically crap. I think he is better in the air than both Doc and Askouand just worries about lumping the ball up the pitch.

I guess that since Semi and Cureton has left us we need a new scapegoat. [8-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Szczesny

1. How is that pronounced?

2. How would that be pronounced on Canary call?

OTBC

[/quote]3. How much would that be worth in Scrabble! [Y]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]100% agree, without his saves this season I think Brentford would be in the relegation zone, other than Forster he has easily been the best in League 1 this season.[/quote]Great keeper who played fantastic in the game at Carrow Road a couple of months ago.I think you are being a little harsh on Brentford here though mate.  A fairly good mid-table team in this Division in my opinion... and of course they are "the Barcelona of the lower Football League" don''t you know???Whatever that little ditty was that their fans sang was also the best chant I have heard from an opposing team this season.

How much would that be worth in scrabble?

I got to fourteen then ran out of hands. I had to use the calculator instead. Sixteen then?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How much would that be worth in scrabble?

I got to fourteen then ran out of hands. I had to use the calculator instead. Sixteen then?

[/quote]Curiosity got the better of me. It''s 30...... [:$]