Sign in to follow this  
Fuglestad

supposing we win the league, will Semmy get his winners medal?

Just interested in how this works, when Crouch played for us he got a medal, for his contribution. Is this automatic? Does the club have to offer them a medal? Does the player have to claim it? Would either party be likely to do so? It just seems a bit strange, somehow I''d rather he didn''t get one, but I can''t really think of a justifiable reason. This is probably not a particularly interesting post...apologies.

He deserves one! If only for that back pass on the first day of the season that likely set a run of events to allow us to actually be in with a chance of winning the league.

I think it''s based on the number of games plauyed.

Must also be the amount of medals handed over by the League and I would suggest what club you are with when the trophy is won.

"He deserves one! If only for that back pass on the first day of the season that likely set a run of events to allow us to actually be in with a chance of winning the league."

I would go along with that...give him and Theo one....

I can''t remember where i read it but...

I think the club gets a set amount based on how many players have played above a certain amount of games and then the club then have the option to buy extra ones.

This covers all non-playing staff as well, so if they want to give the tea lady a medal they can buy her one.

I think one of our loan players from the last promotion sold theirs on ebay didn''t they?

Don''t think the tea lady gets a league winners medal

She might if it was ''cup'' winners medal

dont you get one, if you are still a current part of that team or squad member after winning it.

how on earth can someone be given a winners medal ,when they dont belong to that team and playing for someone else..?

good post , ...im interested in how this works .

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"He deserves one! If only for that back pass on the first day of the season that likely set a run of events to allow us to actually be in with a chance of winning the league." I would go along with that...give him and Theo one....[/quote]

Don''t forget Maric for his world class display against Brentford in the paint trophy [;)]

Where is Semi now?

I have been abroad and used this site less. I must have missed his departure. Somebody please fill me in.

I didn''t mind him as much as most on here. Maybe full back wasn''t his best position, his defending went AWOL at times. He had pace and skill on his side. I think he might have been worth a try in left midfield during the dire times. It probably would have been a flop, but worth a try.

What club is lucky enough to benefit from his commitment now?