Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Drury and Elliot in.....Rose and Martin out..

Hate to question king Lambert but dropping Martin not for me and Drury can''t be match fit....bad feeling about this.

Correct decision. Extra pace on the counter-attack will help a lot. Leeds are weak against the counter.

Agree with the Drury change, not so sure on bringing Elliott in for Martin, but we''ll see... in Lambert we trust, and all that...

First time I have to disagree with Lambert. If it ain''t broke..... Rose may not be as good as Adam defensively but he puts a quality ball in the box and, as has been said, is Adam match fit? Add to that, Chrissy Martin has been part of our awesome attacking trio, what is that going to do to the great understanding they,ve built up over the whole season. That said, Lambert''s not been wrong before and deserves our trust. (backpeddles slightly)

If Lambert has put Drury in, then Drury is match-fit... given how he''s got just about every major decision right since he came here, I don''t think its really our place to question his judgement on such matters as fitness to play...

Whilst Rose had a good game last weekend, Drury is by far more reliable defensively and will hopefully do a better job on snodgrass then rose would and hence cut the supply to beckford...Elliot has been put in for pace to expose leeds biggest weakness, plus he''s up against his current teammate neil collins (both from preston) and I always favour attackers vs. defenders when the two know each other

[quote user="Scooby"]First time I have to disagree with Lambert. If it ain''t broke..... Rose may not be as good as Adam defensively but he puts a quality ball in the box and, as has been said, is Adam match fit? Add to that, Chrissy Martin has been part of our awesome attacking trio, what is that going to do to the great understanding they,ve built up over the whole season. That said, Lambert''s not been wrong before and deserves our trust. (backpeddles slightly)[/quote]Was the side ''broken'' with McNamee in it?Drury has been fit for 2 or 3 weeks now, with about as many reserve games under his belt. As good as Rose has been, when he is put under defensive pressure (of which there will most probably be a lot today) he''s very prone to making the odd mistake. In my view the reason he''s being playing well is because he has been put under very little pressure in the defence, and has scarcely had to deal with a real threat in any player he has opposed of recent. This game could of easily exposed that, and thankfully (in my mind) Lambert has had the good sense of foresight to tend to this.As for Chris Martin, as good as he''s been, he can only fall below par for so many games before being dropped. No one can take their position for granted, and if Martin needed a reminder of this he has certainly been given it. Elliot is a very capable player, with a lot to prove. Ideal choice for me.

Will be intruiging to see how Elliott does, I hope he can exploit the defence with his pace.

Collins is a very slow, cumbersome player, having someone with pace up against him should work really well, bring Johnson on after 60 minutes as well.