Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Come On Lads and Lasses - Let's Get Real

I would try and be eloquent and write a piece of literature which would forever go down in PinkUn fame, but there is quite simply no need.We ARE going up, however many of you may doubt it, and however many of you do not want to admit it, we are going up and more than likely as Champions.Now let''s enjoy the rest of this season, and look forward to our return to the Championship next season.

If there is one thing i hate more than bad losers its bad winners. I will not be saying anything until its a mathmatical certainty. Stranger things have happened than losing 8 point leads at the top. "I''d Love it if we beat them! Love it" springs to mind!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I would try and be eloquent and write a piece of literature which would forever go down in PinkUn fame, but there is quite simply no need.

We ARE going up, however many of you may doubt it, and however many of you do not want to admit it, we are going up and more than likely as Champions.

Now let''s enjoy the rest of this season, and look forward to our return to the Championship next season.
[/quote]

Here come the Percys . . . [:|]

Why should we take any notice of you?  You continued blindly to insist there was nothing really wrong at the club when it was obvious for two seasons or more that we were in deep trouble. 

Now you wait until it''s blindingly obvious that promotion is all but guaranteed, then out you come with scattergun accusations that "many" fans doubt it, just because a few have suggested that Leeds on Saturday might not be a pushover.  Go on, identify one poster who does doubt it. 

It''s you who should get real.  Start by asking yourselves whether Paul Lambert thinks Leeds are a pushover and, if not, whether he is a "doubter" . . .

[quote user="The Duke"]If there is one thing i hate more than bad losers its bad winners. I will not be saying anything until its a mathmatical certainty. Stranger things have happened than losing 8 point leads at the top. "I''d Love it if we beat them! Love it" springs to mind!
[/quote]

Hardly being a bad winner, it''s just confidence in our team which a lot of people seem to be lacking.  If we were looking at any other team in the position we are in we''d all be saying they are up.  Everyone else is talking about the battle for 2nd place now, and with some of the games coming up that we have then there is no doubt in my mind that we are up.

Get over the anxiety and enjoy the rest of the season!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I would try and be eloquent and write a piece of literature which would forever go down in PinkUn fame, but there is quite simply no need.

We ARE going up, however many of you may doubt it, and however many of you do not want to admit it, we are going up and more than likely as Champions.

Now let''s enjoy the rest of this season, and look forward to our return to the Championship next season.
[/quote]

Why should we take any notice of you?  You continued blindly to insist there was nothing really wrong at the club when it was obvious for two seasons or more that we were in deep trouble. 

Now you wait until it''s blindingly obvious that promotion is all but guaranteed, then out you come with scattergun accusations that "many" fans doubt it, just because a few have suggested that Leeds on Saturday might not be a pushover.  Go on, identify one poster who does doubt it. 

It''s you who should get real.  Start by asking yourselves whether Paul Lambert thinks Leeds are a pushover and, if not, whether he is a "doubter" . . .

[/quote]

What the hell?  I was one of the many on here who couldn''t stand what was going on the in the past few years, so I don''t really get where you''re coming from Cherub.  I think you have me confused with someone else.

I don''t think Leeds will be a pushover either, and I have not stated that anywhere, but I do think there are posters on here who lack faith in our team.

I don''t appreciate you throwing around wild accusations Cherub, which are unfounded.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What the hell?  I was one of the many on here who couldn''t stand what was going on the in the past few years, so I don''t really get where you''re coming from Cherub.  I think you have me confused with someone else.

I don''t think Leeds will be a pushover either, and I have not stated that anywhere, but I do think there are posters on here who lack faith in our team.

I don''t appreciate you throwing around wild accusations Cherub, which are unfounded.

[/quote]

If I''ve confused you with someone else then I apologise.

But when it comes to throwing around accusations I don''t think you''ve any room to talk.  Who are these "many" who doubt we will get promoted?

We aren''t promoted yet, I will celebrate once we are over the line. I''m not a doubter and will enjoy the rest of the season as much as anyone else.

Not really sure what you''re talking about to be honest, I haven''t seen anyone lacking faith. I''ve seen people, as Cherub says, who think Leeds will be tough on Saturday, but haven''t seen anyone who''s come out and said we won''t go up!

Everyone is confident but there is a difference between this and complacency which I don''t want to see creeping into the players. We are''nt there yet. However I am confident the team can find the 3 or 4 wins required against the likes of Stockport, Tranmere, MK Dons, Gillingham etc if they put a good shift in and continue to do the right things.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you should have a nice cup of tea and chill out a bit ...

When you realise that the team TWENTY SIX points behind us and in tenth can still win the league, you might be a bit more circumspect.

Of course that''s not going to happen, but 8 points is nothing. All we need do is lose a couple and it''s 2 points. That can happen in a blink.

I''m confident, but i''m not celebrating. Sorry if that annoys the op!

[quote user="a1canary"]When you realise that the team TWENTY SIX points behind us and in tenth can still win the league, you might be a bit more circumspect. Of course that''s not going to happen, but 8 points is nothing. All we need do is lose a couple and it''s 2 points. That can happen in a blink. I''m confident, but i''m not celebrating. Sorry if that annoys the op![/quote]

Like you say, of course that is not going to happen, we are not going to lose all 9 of our remaining 9 games.

I know what you are saying, but it is still 11 points back to 3rd, plus a superior goal difference.  I seriously think we have nothing to worry about.

Cherub, maybe doubt was the wrong word, but I just don''t understand the lack of confidence that for example is in the run in thread.  We have earnt the right to be top of the league by playing good football and turning teams over.  We are not going to have a sudden collapse in form, and like I said, if we were looking at any other team in the same position we would think they were gone.

I think more rationality can be gleaned from reading what other team''s supporters think of us.

On one Leeds site we were described as the "unstoppable juggernaut" and he added that "They can be beaten" in an attempt to conjure up confidence for saturday.

Everybody else assumes we are up, including those down the (Portman) road.

It is natural for us to be nervous, including myself, but facts are facts. We will need a MAJOR crash to lose it now. I do not think that will happen in a million years.   

[quote user="The Duke"]If there is one thing i hate more than bad losers its bad winners. I will not be saying anything until its a mathmatical certainty. Stranger things have happened than losing 8 point leads at the top. "I''d Love it if we beat them! Love it" springs to mind!
[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]Same here mate.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]Same here mate.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]Same here mate.[/quote]

[:)][Y]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]

Wow what a surprise.

I''m not being a bad winner, I am just showing confidence in our team.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]

Wow what a surprise.

[/quote]Everyone knows my end of season prediction star, made just after the first Leeds game, some on here even have it as their signature! I''ll just wait until its confirmed.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree

[/quote]

Wow what a surprise.

[/quote]

Agreed, Others think we are there  so why doubt it ourselves? Are we suddenly going to start losing every game? 

When people get too sure of themselves normally something happens to bring them back to reality.  When it''s mathematically certain we will gain promotion, then is the time I will be getting the bunting out and running up and down the road in my NC shirt.  Until then I remain quietly confident.

It''s you who should get real.  Start by asking yourselves whether Paul Lambert thinks Leeds are a pushover and, if not, whether he is a "doubter" . . .[/quote]

Its more telling that the likes of yourself, Cluck and many of his other so-called ''realists'' have been conspicuous by their absence of late.  Nothing to do with there being very little to moan about, surely? Even Smudger is managing to bring himself to post after a victory, now, so there''s surely something in the air.  Trawling over the same ground over and over about our past mistakes adds nothing to the debate at this stage and stuff like this just makes you seem a little bitter.

And, by the way, ncfcstar never said he thought Leeds would be a ''pushover''.  No one thinks that, but we have every right to be confident going into this game and the final games of the season... we have a top manager, a top squad of players giving their all, and we''re top of the league!

Maybe not time to crack open the champers just yet, but surely time to forget about the past and enjoy what we have right now?

OTBC

Leeds were certain to get promoted a few months back.Wolves were definitely getting promoted in the 01/02 season.Ac Milan were certain to win the champions league final at half time in 04/05.One bookmaker paid out on March 1st for all bets on United winning the premiership in 97/98.Im sure you get the point.I dont doubt we are going up, but id hope Lambert and the players arent letting complacency sink in. They dont appear to be, and as a result I cant see us not going up as champions. Ill celebrate when its certain though.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="canary cherub "]

It''s you who should get real.  Start by asking yourselves whether Paul Lambert thinks Leeds are a pushover and, if not, whether he is a "doubter" . . .[/quote]

Its more telling that the likes of yourself, Cluck and many of his other so-called ''realists'' have been conspicuous by their absence of late.  Nothing to do with there being very little to moan about, surely? Even Smudger is managing to bring himself to post after a victory, now, so there''s surely something in the air.  Trawling over the same ground over and over about our past mistakes adds nothing to the debate at this stage and stuff like this just makes you seem a little bitter.

And, by the way, ncfcstar never said he thought Leeds would be a ''pushover''.  No one thinks that, but we have every right to be confident going into this game and the final games of the season... we have a top manager, a top squad of players giving their all, and we''re top of the league!

Maybe not time to crack open the champers just yet, but surely time to forget about the past and enjoy what we have right now?

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t blame you for not noticing, but I post on here most days if I''ve got something to say that hasn''t already been said several times over by other posters. 

For the first time in ages I thought there was a consensus on here, then along comes ncfc star and his ilk accusing various unnamed posters of "doubting".  If that''s not a blast from the past I don''t know what is.  I was replying in kind.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="canary cherub "]

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t blame you for not noticing, but I post on here most days if I''ve got something to say that hasn''t already been said several times over by other posters. 

For the first time in ages I thought there was a consensus on here, then along comes ncfc star and his ilk accusing various unnamed posters of "doubting".  If that''s not a blast from the past I don''t know what is.  I was replying in kind.

[/quote]Care to elaborate?  I don''t think I''ve done anything to offend anyone, so why the snide comments?I even replied to you earlier in the thread and said that maybe doubt was the wrong word, but you chose to ignore it.Replying in kind, quite simply ridiculous Cherub.  You take it whatever way you want, but I was making the point that we should have full confidence in our team to go on and win promotion and this league, others may chose to wait, but it is blindingly obvious that apart from a disgraceful collapse in form that we are gone.Like others have said, if we were looking at Newcastle''s position we would all be saying the same.Why I''m bothering replying I don''t know, because your attitude towards me is quite frankly despicable.

Chill out people. it`s no good getting on each others cases about this. What will be will be I won`t get stressed up about it.

If you want to see a really good winner I though Mick McCarthy speaking on Sky last night was a very good example of it.

I will not however be a good winner if we beat Dirty Leeds on saturday. I know a few people who have been giving me stick and they will be getting it all back come saturday.

If we lose I don`t think it will be the end of the world.

As Norwich fans we all know they never do things the easy way so expect a bumpy ride from now till the end of the season and if it isn`t bumpy, well thats a bonus lol

Ncfcstar/Evil Monkey, your OP accused supporters of doubting and "Not wanting to admit" that "We ARE going up".  I haven`t read anything which warrants that.  Frankly the fact that most people have not become crowingly complacent reflects much better on ncfc supporters than your OP in my opinion.