Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

Leeds fan in peace

Hi all

A gutting result for us today but now I know you felt back in October.

I thought we played quite well today, but then after our recent performances that wasnt difficult.

Becchio''s injury was sickening though realise it was an accident.

We did control a lot of the ball and possession, but I think you guys had such a massive advantage that today was must-win for Leeds and you sat back

We had absolutely fuckall penetration and despite a couple of decent opening, created nothing. Holt had a good chance in the first half and that was as good anything we created.

See you, whenever...I dont think we''re getting out of this league anytime. I''d argue league 2 is more likely than Championship football in 5-10 seasons

Beckford look bored, and though Grella was lively he didnt really take any chances. Your lacking up front and could have won today if you had had more bite in the final third. Best of luck, my GF is a leeds fan so I want you to go up for her sake! Think we have done enough now... I just cant see us hitting the kind of form that would see us throw away an 11 point lead, especially considering who we have left to play.

I hope Becchio is alright, though it was clearly not intentional (he ducked low, Nelson kicked high), he went down like a falling tree and I think he was literally knocked unconscious.This isn''t your fault, but I thought your travelling fans were hateful and intent on causing trouble - you don''t support your team by calling people "Paki".  For that reason alone I won''t be too unhappy if you fail to get promoted, but I do sympathise to the extent that I know how it feels to support a club who have a habit of letting you down when it matters.

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all A gutting result for us today but now I know you felt back in October. I thought we played quite well today, but then after our recent performances that wasnt difficult. Becchio''s injury was sickening though realise it was an accident. We did control a lot of the ball and possession, but I think you guys had such a massive advantage that today was must-win for Leeds and you sat back We had absolutely fuckall penetration and despite a couple of decent opening, created nothing. Holt had a good chance in the first half and that was as good anything we created. See you, whenever...I dont think we''re getting out of this league anytime. I''d argue league 2 is more likely than Championship football in 5-10 seasons[/quote]

We as NCFC fans know all about gutting results, and to be honest I thought Leeds outplayed us, and our players were finding it hard to string two or 3 passes together.

However, we got the luck in the dying minutes that you got back in October, swings and roundabouts.

Becchio''s inujury looked horrific, and it wasn''t intentional at all, just a footballing accident, I really hope he''s ok and nowt was broken, he was knocked straight out.  And I have to say I thought both sets of fans applauding him off was a nice gesture.

I am sure all Norwich fans hope Becchio is ok.    It looked very worrying.I thought it was a dire game, but then "must win top of the table" games at the end of the season often are.    You were unlucky today: we were unlucky at Elland Road.   You may still go up - Milwall are on a great run but the wheels will come off somewhere before the end of the season.

Ironically my girlfriend was browsing WACCOE this afternoon keeping track of the score while I was at the game and she said a Leeds fan on there mocked us for applauding him off... says it all what they''re fans are like.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all A gutting result for us today but now I know you felt back in October. I thought we played quite well today, but then after our recent performances that wasnt difficult. Becchio''s injury was sickening though realise it was an accident. We did control a lot of the ball and possession, but I think you guys had such a massive advantage that today was must-win for Leeds and you sat back We had absolutely fuckall penetration and despite a couple of decent opening, created nothing. Holt had a good chance in the first half and that was as good anything we created. See you, whenever...I dont think we''re getting out of this league anytime. I''d argue league 2 is more likely than Championship football in 5-10 seasons[/quote]

We as NCFC fans know all about gutting results, and to be honest I thought Leeds outplayed us, and our players were finding it hard to string two or 3 passes together.

However, we got the luck in the dying minutes that you got back in October, swings and roundabouts.

Becchio''s inujury looked horrific, and it wasn''t intentional at all, just a footballing accident, I really hope he''s ok and nowt was broken, he was knocked straight out.  And I have to say I thought both sets of fans applauding him off was a nice gesture.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say they outplayed us WAY, thought both teams were poor tbh but if you look at the stats on the offy site we had more posession as well as more shots and corners than them. We had a couple of decent chances and they had a couple and a draw would probably have been fair but we''re top cos we win these type of games.